Hilarious theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey James

Unresolved Status
Jan 19, 2019
I recently went to Walmart where my truck was broken into. I'm missing about 67 cents from the ashtray, but the idiot left me something better. A mod that costs $229 and a really nice tank. I'll give a couple of cents for one of these any day! I had the mod examined, it's cased in 24k gold and has carbon fiber. Not familiar with the tank though, but the mod had two efest batteries!
701931cf6b1ece798a45957254943c5c.jpg
b6d2e3c338bd96c60cf27507ff6ef7c2.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Smokey James

Unresolved Status
Jan 19, 2019
The tanks name is written on it, Freemax.
Image search shows both those images are from the internet.
I know, my phone's camera is busted, (I dropped the damn thing for the millionth time, and I'm not paying to fix the camera again) so I had to find one exactly like it via Google! Took for freaking ever, as I don't know what the mod is called. (Still don't know even after my photo search) And the tank pic was found on eBay! I know what the tank is, but I've never used one. So, question: should I keep it and use it? Or just give it away? (It's not a horrid mod is it?)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I know, my phone's camera is busted, (I dropped the damn thing for the millionth time, and I'm not paying to fix the camera again) so I had to find one exactly like it via Google! Took for freaking ever, as I don't know what the mod is called. (Still don't know even after my photo search) And the tank pic was found on eBay! I know what the tank is, but I've never used one. So, question: should I keep it and use it? Or just give it away? (It's not a horrid mod is it?)

I’d put better batteries in it and try it. What do ya have to lose? The tank is okay... watch that top fill though, it gets loose with use.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
You realize of course that someone who breaks into a car and steals 60-someodd cents did not pay for Yihi mod (I think it's a T-Class??). So your holding someone else's stolen baby there. I don't know how I'd feel about that.
Could be a setup, man. ;)
:lol:
Seriously though, it's stolen or someone traded drugs to get it.
-Correction after reading an above post, G-Class.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
The setup was probably stolen anyway. If reported the local cops may be able to help find the rightful owner? Then again they may not buy your story about it being left by a bungling thief and arrest you.
I certainly wouldn't want to have the thing in my possession.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I recently went to Walmart where my truck was broken into. I'm missing about 67 cents from the ashtray, but the idiot left me something better. A mod that costs $229 and a really nice tank. I'll give a couple of cents for one of these any day! I had the mod examined, it's cased in 24k gold and has carbon fiber. Not familiar with the tank though, but the mod had two efest batteries!
701931cf6b1ece798a45957254943c5c.jpg
b6d2e3c338bd96c60cf27507ff6ef7c2.jpg

Video removed - not appropriate

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don’t know, this story doesn’t ring true. You had the mod examined but you don’t know it’s name. By the way what mod examiner service did you use? There is only a couple nationwide that would have the sophisticated equipment required to properly examine a mod of that caliber. If you did use a reputable examiner and it has been certified authentic then you could melt the 24k gold case. It has a little over an ounce and a half of gold which you could sell for a pretty penny. Those mods were pretty exclusive because the maker lost money on everyone by using gold and they only made 1985 of them. By checking the serial number you should be able to get the name of the original owner and if he was the same person that broke into your truck have him arrested. In closing a little trivia: why did they make 1985 gold luxury g-class mods? To celebrate the Chicago Bears super bowl victory in that year. The owner is a big fan of the monsters of the midway. That is all

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Someone broke into my VW Golf once, back in the 90's. Lost an old radio I had scavenged from my previous car. It ran off a 12V wire that came out through the heating vent and sat on top of the dash. Probably worth close to a dollar. There was a plague of local kids breaking into cars for fun at the time. Guess they had to take something for a trophy,

In return they left me one tattered old glove. Must have taken it off to unclip the wire from the back of the radio.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I had klepto leave a zipper-pull one time.

I didn't call it a break-in because my doors were unlocked. Next night the thief returned to the scene and broke my glass, so that I called a break-in.

They got a junky little tablet computer I couldn't stand that time.

We had the last laugh though... See, my neighbor left an expensive looking bicycle laying in his front yard. It had triple style fishing hooks protruding from duct tape on the handle bars and 2 lb line tied to a tree so when the klepto went to skee-daddle the line cinched the hooks to the kleptos fingers.

Next day the bike was gone and the line was broken. That was 3 years ago and nothing has been stolen from our little slice of Heaven since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread