hmm temp control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
In theory you should be able to run the atomizer at the same power levels regardless the mod.. The issue will be that not all mods have equal power levels. The mod might read 50w/550deg and put out more or less. What I'm saying is that you might have to set the mods to different settings to achieve the same ACTUAL outputs and results.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
In theory you should be able to run the atomizer at the same power levels regardless the mod.. The issue will be that not all mods have equal power levels. The mod might read 50w/550deg and put out more or less. What I'm saying is that you might have to set the mods to different settings to achieve the same ACTUAL outputs and results.

That mod's board is very accurate, it's the coils...............
Have you done any of the updates on the joytec website ?

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Point i was trying to make is that in all the advice from people before me, who have used tc, no one pointed out that 600 is the limit and maybe a new tc person shouldnt be trying 550 right out of the gates...a lot of premade coils will say 500/550 max depending on the coil material.

Me personally, i vape anywhere between 390 and 430 tops on any wire for any coil i build (around 0.5/0.6)....currently (because the weathers hot in Sydney) im down at 390. Many go higher than my max.

Given thats my personal settings/preference (i dont like a hot vape), but the increase to from 430 to 550 is a fair distance, try somewhere in the middle and see how you go.

Me when i first started tc it wouldnt have occurred to me to start anywhere else but lower and working my way up, same as i would with the watts on variable voltage mods before i gave them up for tc. I never fired a coil on a vw at its rated recommended or anywhere near close to maximum...always started 10w lower than specified and worked up...saves you from making that "ive just swallowed a gob full of ... tasting crap" face, and doesnt stress the coil...

So i suggest the same basic theory, start a bit lower and increase until it suits your vaping style/preference, you'll know if your next adjustment up should be a leap (if its whispy) or a step (once it starts getting warm)

Last edited:

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
I agree. I just got a great deal. But is it normal to be running at that range, I'm new to the temp game

The "mega" version of this tank is flawed and it covers/chokes the coils, so I would not be very surprised if you are going through burnt tasting coils, the base o ring is too small so it leaks, probably why they soon switched out the kit's tank to the tron, which is a "slight" improvement.
The simpleist fix would be Uwell Rafale Subtank - $29.99

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
if 550 is considered high, than what would be the optimum temp?

Why? Where are many, many people vaping at a Heat flux of 300 or more on VV and VW mods. Me I think 200HF is too hot. But I also know based on this site I vape on the lower end of the heat range. Besides, TC is too new for me to form an opinion on what is too hot or too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread