Hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosaint

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Memphis
I found mine (for this week), so I'm a happy camper. :)

Yeah, that's the problem, THIS WEEK. I just dropped $160 on a mechanical mod, APV mod, batteries and chargers. Even though I've always used Auto Bats! I think it's this site, clearly I'm suffering from mod envy:unsure:. On the plus side, my APV is longer than yours:D

I found a good sale and decided why buy a mechanical and wonder if an APV mod would be better. So I got both. Still have to buy a few mini nova's. I'll breakeven in a month...damn, forgot I need some more flavors...:facepalm:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Since I prefer T3's, I plan to get a Kanger Pro Tank next.

If you like T3's, you will love the Kanger Pro Tank. PB says it is just like the BCC Mega on vapor, once you do the wick trick. Let me tell you, that clearo is hands down the best I have ever used. I can't wait to get one, too. If I can get my hands on one. Anyone got them in stock?

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Back to OP.

It comes in spurts for me. In the last 45 days, I have purchased an eVic, a lavatube, and a weird telescoping mod for fun. I have also purchased an Evod, a BCC Mega, and a Vivi Nova. I am getting a Kanger Pro Tank if i can find one right away. Now me and my GF both vape, so I am buying toys for two, but still...

Great hobby though, I love vaping.

beast1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Miami,fl
In 3 months I've amassed quite a collection.

3 vamos, two chi chi mechanicals, provari mini w/18650 extension, gandalf epipe w/churchwarden stem .
2 aga-t+, 2 v3 Phoenix, aga-s, aga-t, vision eternity, a bunch of others than found there way to the bottom of a drawer. Enough wick and wire to last me a lifetime. I won't even get into all the DIY orders I've made.

I am definitely a all the way kinda guy (okay more overboard) lol it has turned into a hobby. I never even wanted to quit smoking oh well it worked out :)

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Didn't imagine that smoking (vaping) could become a hobby. Since switching 3 months ago, went from disposables to Spinner/Clearomizer to Vamo/T3. In addition to the obvious advantages gained through switching, it's a lot more interesting!:p

New gadgets every week.

Hobby ???
That is called an Obsession !
Mods, RBAs, DIY...ECF,
We are in deep.
:p

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
DIY is kinda beyond me. I have been curious about buying e-liquid in 36 with extra flavor and cutting with pg to save a few bucks.

Nick- if you don't want to go down the whole DIY route....you can do that.

There is a HUGE sale on right now at MT Baker....235 ML of juice for $ 35.00 !!!..... That's alot of juice...inexpensive !

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Hobby ???
That is called an Obsession !
Mods, RBAs, DIY...ECF,
We are in deep.
:p

Yeah. But one has to try things out in order to decide what's best for them. I'm currently very satisfied with the Vamo/T3, but between the forum and Vapor Joes, I am continually tempted to try new things.

Since I'm also managing to keep 5 other family members on the "vaping wagon", I have to hunt economical stuff. For them, still with Spinner/Clearomizers, but phasing them to Spinner/T3's. Five out of five have avoided cigarettes for 2+ months so far. A very good investment.:)

I'm the only one that treats vaping as a hobby, but happy that simple devices exist for the others (especially since I have to keep a lot of spares to prevent backsliding).

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Nick- if you don't want to go down the whole DIY route....you can do that.

There is a HUGE sale on right now at MT Baker....235 ML of juice for $ 35.00 !!!..... That's alot of juice...inexpensive !

I saw that on Vapor Joes and I use MT Baker some, but personally like Topvapor a little better. I wish I could find better prices for it.

indianajames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Mission, KS
For me it's turned mostly into a hobby, but I also have this nagging voice in my head (aside from the usual ones) and I know myself and my quitting history well enough to know exactly what will happen if I should happen to find myself without stuff to vape with. Stinkies are just way too accessible.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
For me it's turned mostly into a hobby, but I also have this nagging voice in my head (aside from the usual ones) and I know myself and my quitting history well enough to know exactly what will happen if I should happen to find myself without stuff to vape with. Stinkies are just way too accessible.

I know. That's why I'm kinda paranoid about a spares and liquid stockpile. Wish I were stronger, but at least I have an alternative.

indianajames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Mission, KS
I know. That's why I'm kinda paranoid about a spares and liquid stockpile. Wish I were stronger, but at least I have an alternative.
Word. Paranoia is a reasonable response when presented with a potential threat. I don't leave the house without backup. I have a Volt kit at work but still take 2 eGo batteries, an atty, 2 cartos, and a bottle of juice with me on work days.

Is it really paranoia, or just "prepping"? ;)

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Well, I gained an interesting hobby and have kept five family members off cigarettes for 2-3 three months for about $500. My cigarettes alone would have cost $700 for three months. Lord knows what the total cigarette costs for the family would have been. (Myself, son, wife and 2 nieces).

Only hobby I've ever had that and actually reduced costs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread