Hobo V3 BF RDA for $9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Just got my Hobo v3 clone from AC.. Mine is the 3 piece version, body screws to base. Issues: doesn't sit flush on my Owl and BF screw, too long and not an allen. Thats it, so far.. Don't know if it will be a problem, but the center post insulator does not rotate with the post. So if you relocate, you won't have full protection.

Set up with a 1.34 ohm 2x31 twisted coil, mounted on my Smokelss Owl. Vapes pretty good.... Still a little less flavor/vapor than from the kayfun/Mech+kick 2x31twst 1.43ohm @ approx 12watts. I have the coil center mounted, so can use with either 1 or both air holes. Works great either way, with bit more flavor when singled up. Need to go to the store for foil, so that I can try the kick in the Owl.

All in all, not bad for $13 incl shipping. Miles better than the Owl atty, the squonker came with.
Yeah my hobo v3 has just a small gap on the owl. The only BF rda I've found that sits flush (besides the included rda) is a zenith 2.5 from fasttech.

367b2d0246002b30cfab125a5f8e3ee5.jpg

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I got one of these from AC, mine was the same as the others have said the airholes don't line up but the worst part for me was that mine came with a brass bf pin and not ss. I've read that brass touching your juice is a no go so I guess I won't be using mine. Oh well.

Juice has NO affect on brass, as we use it. You would have to get the brass heated to nearly it's melting point for anything bad to come out of it, and most of those bad things are present in your wire and the other metals used to make attys.

Reactions: JohnnyDill

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
Juice has NO affect on brass, as we use it. You would have to get the brass heated to nearly it's melting point for anything bad to come out of it, and most of those bad things are present in your wire and the other metals used to make attys.

Really? I didn't know that. Maybe I'll give it a try then. Any reason why most use ss tubes on the 510 and bf pin instead of brass?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
How to vape safely? mech or otherwise???? Stay within the limits of the batteries and devices.

Flavor, going to want a coil with the most surface area at the OHM rate you desire to run.
I run mine @ 1.62ohms from twisted 32awg at 11 watts. In a Smokeless Owl, which is regulated via a Kick. Not quit the flavor of my Kayfun, but getting close.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Got mine yesterday, hadn't tried the bf pin though. Now waiting for my Reo clone. I'm a flavour tracer, any suggestions on the coil built ? Other than avoiding sub ohm ? How to vape safely on a mech ? Thanks
I assume you plan to modify the reo clone as the hobo isn't going to fit on it stock.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Why would that be? Is it because there is a juice well that wouldn't accept a standard RDA ?
If so, what can I do ?
Correct. The Reo clones I've seen are not low profile. You will have to grind or sand away some of that juice well until it's flush with the top of the 510. I've read a few times that it's pretty easy do though.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Why would that be? Is it because there is a juice well that wouldn't accept a standard RDA ?
If so, what can I do ?

Because it is a clone of the REOS GRAND, which uses atty of less than 15mm..... The original won't accept an atty bigger than 14mm, why would the clone? Is a common mod even for the Original, Hence the LP version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread