Hold on to yer hats, here comes the BIG one...E-Cigs linked to C A N C E R !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm still reading the information on this site, but what I've read so far is great information. I didn't break the link because I'd love for this site to be proliferated all over the web.

The Truth About Ecigs

Personally, I think the above site would be a great link to refer people to as they ask questions or make accusations about ecigs.

Last edited:

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
This is like saying water may kill humans similarly to bullets.

The test result:

1) Did not show cancer being caused. The cells were already precancerous.
2) Showed NO changes in the sample that actually represented vaping (the "low" nicotine sample). The "high" nicotine sample had a nicotine level similar to SMOKING, not vaping.

This basically shows what is already known about nicotine -- it can promote cancer growth but does not itself cause cancer. That much is even in the wiki article.

Nothing to do but get the word out everywhere you see this story posted.

Last edited:

Jeffk123

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Denton, Tx
Read this whole thread and its pretty frightening what the government can do to protect its pocket book. I have a feeling we will win the war. We must not let vaping be banned on a nation wide scale once the government sees it can completely strip one liberty they will come for your free speech and maybe make another move on gun regs. This is another bump in the road we just have to plow through it.

Jeffk123

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Denton, Tx
Here it comes....had to pull over for this..."electronic cigarettes cause cancer" just heard in the news spot on the morning show in Allentown PA on WZZO.

As the Bearman put it at the end ..."so you can still get cancer while looking like a tool"
Funny thing is they didn't even directly test it they put supposed vapor into some substance shot it into a bunch of what are basically precancerous cells and went oh look it caused these cells to express similar traits. -.- even if we can get the good guys to finish their studies on ecigs its going to be too late and we will all be smoking again anyways

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
.... its going to be too late and we will all be smoking again anyways

Not me! I'll be driving the white van, or huddling on the beach at midnight waiting for the boat from China.... character0233.gif

shelzmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
United States
Yes, the premise here is quite frightening (well, really aggravating and antagonistic). Anytime anyone threatens something we want to do and what we know is being bolstered by ignorance and double-talk we get ancy and anxious. The other side is "smart" but only in knowing the the average joe citizen in this country of ours is "ignorant" and moreover generally do not care to seek further answers and truth themselves. There are so many sheep nowadays that it is ridiculous. HOWEVER, I absolutely do not feel this is not the death blow in any certain terms. Not even close...an aggravation, sure. Another mountain of BS we have to climb, absolutely. Here is where I am coming from - in as much as the sheeple believe everything they hear from media as truth, they also have the same convictions when it comes to the real truth that the media fed them a bunch of bull crap. The present battle associated with this article and subsequent backlash is not disproving the article itself; rather, it is getting a LOUD voice, by numbers, and at least point out ALL the inherent flaws. Surely, the media is not going to willingly let people in to tell them they are wrong, but it can be done...happens all the time. Just like the post above about the radio show, "eCigs cause cancer", there are ways to give it back to them just as hard....we are JUST as smart, if not smarter because we know the truth.

I do understand where everyone is coming from; however, there are studies like this one Long-term effects of inhaled nicotine. [Life Sci. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI that can be brought up more...I mean sure this wasn't specifically eCigs, but it was nicotine and this is a much more significant and scientific study that the one in question in the OP. Furthermore, believe it or not, there are TONS of honest scientists, doctors, etc. who not only value truth but also value the scientific process and that do not let these kinds of horribly executed and interpreted slide without some counterattacking of their own. Perhaps at this juncture, not by refuting the findings directly, but absolutely destroying the methods and inproper interpretations (such as the reddit copy/paste on here).

I could be wrong (but optimistic that I am not) but I do not see a ban on ecigs or liquids or even sales of such. I am not honestly worried about that - EVEN IF (and that is a big, unbelievable IF) they can be determined to be somewhat harmful, there is no way that they are JUST AS harmful and this cannot be denied. I mean people are fine with methadone being given to ...... addicts to attempt to curb ...... addiction (which has proven to be not very effectual) and there is no doubt that eCigs will come out as nowhere near as harmful as tobacco and this is the hope. I think the battle we should be worried about is not so much stopping a ban, rather it is limiting any types of regulations, taxes, etc. that will, in my opinion inevitably, will come to pass. I do NOT want this to happen in any way as much as the next guy or gal, but the FDA, BP/BT does NOT like to lose and they have the money, credentials, clout to back that goal. The best we can do is what we have been doing...testimonials, increase numbers of success stories by evangelizing at every corner, and BE HEARD. He who laughs last....

Don't give up...and do not spend too much energy on worry and stress. Ultimately, the outcome will favor those who have the most tenacity, courage, and drive. WE have more to lose in this battle than they do and WE have more to prove than they do....in most cases such as that, I feel we will have the upper hand. They are just starting at a higher level than we are so have more of a "head-start" as it were with the "people". Doesn't mean they will keep it.

Mike

peteyboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Chicago
This is very upsetting! Are the people who make the decisions, to publish such an incomplete study, paid to do so? How can something like this hit the media? I think these big corporations, or whoever is behind this non-sense, seriously underestimates the amount of people who will actually seek the truth. How do we expose these monsters? Is there enough people willing to band together and seek the truth, regardless of what that is? We seriously need more independant studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread