Holy Cow! Guess where I vaped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othercat

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
South Dakota
www.squidoo.com
On a plane! I still can't believe it. I thought for sure that security would take my Volt (and Volt accessories) when I went through the detector. But they didn't, so I cautiously vaped a few times while waiting for my plane. Once in the air, I snuck in a few puffs while the flight attendant had her back turned. When we landed, I had a 1 1/2 hour layover so I vaped in the airport bathroom (aren't I brave?).

Skipping ahead, I'm back in the air and feeling pretty confident. So I vape a few times. Looking around, I see a mixture of confusion and envy in the faces of those watching me blow smoke out of my mouth. So I vape some more. Looking around again, I see the flight attendant watching me blow smoke out of my mouth. Crap!....but she doesn't say anything. She just smiles and walks right past me. So I spent the next 2 hours happily vaping in my window seat. And when I got to the next airport, I spent my 2 hour layover vaping while sitting in my chair at Gate C38. Nobody said a word.

How amazing is that? I can't vape on a greyhound bus, but I can vape on an airplane. :confused:

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
On a plane! I still can't believe it. I thought for sure that security would take my Volt (and Volt accessories) when I went through the detector. But they didn't, so I cautiously vaped a few times while waiting for my plane. Once in the air, I snuck in a few puffs while the flight attendant had her back turned. When we landed, I had a 1 1/2 hour layover so I vaped in the airport bathroom (aren't I brave?).

Skipping ahead, I'm back in the air and feeling pretty confident. So I vape a few times. Looking around, I see a mixture of confusion and envy in the faces of those watching me blow smoke out of my mouth. So I vape some more. Looking around again, I see the flight attendant watching me blow smoke out of my mouth. Crap!....but she doesn't say anything. She just smiles and walks right past me. So I spent the next 2 hours happily vaping in my window seat. And when I got to the next airport, I spent my 2 hour layover vaping while sitting in my chair at Gate C38. Nobody said a word.

How amazing is that? I can't vape on a greyhound bus, but I can vape on an airplane. :confused:

Congratulations and well done... I love vaping in public.

pyro13g

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
NE Ohio
It probably made the planes cabin smell better! And they should not be allowed in a plane. Checked baggage..fine.The risk is rather high to get something powerful enough to blow a hole in a plane with the device disguised as an E-cigarette if it made it past explosive detection. And the fact that nobody will die from not having their Nic-fix just makes it common sense to not allow it. Take your juice in your carry on and stick a drop between your cheeks and gums.

Last edited:

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
The thing that really worries me if they ban their use on airplanes is...
That they won't even let you bring them on the plane.

SInce you can bring cigarettes on a plane, I can't see how they'd prohibit an e-cig. Besides, you're not supposed to pack lithium ion batteries in checked luggage.

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
Even though I think its cool you were able to vape on the plane i gave up trying. I have been flying internationally 14-17 hours flights. At first, I used to bring my Silver bullet with me and did some stealth vaping. Was not looking to explain my actions to 10 different people with 10 different opinions. It only takes one who refuse to understand its not smoking and makes a big deal out of it. What I ended up doing is pack an ego or a simple 510 starter kit with some cartos and carry it like a pen. can stealth vape anywhere no problem. When i get to where i'm going i'll pull my "big baby" out, SB with 5 ml tank freshly 6V batts and disappear in a nice thick cloud of vapor. lol

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Please make sure you've submitted a public comment to the DOT docket in opposition to their proposed $2,300 fine for vaping. If this is instituted, the flight attendants would be responsible for ordering you to stop using the product, and possibly may even be required by their airliner to call authorities.

Please do not think that it is guaranteed that the DOT will go through with this regulation.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5094-need-comments-us-plane-ban-nov-14-a.html

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
My airport trick for stealthing it out:

1. I take a cocktail napkin, the thick heavy kind, and wad it up in my left hand. I get it a tiny bit damp, very very slightly, like just the moisture from a few exhales is enough. Then I exhale into it. Imagine, you sort of have it in your fist of your left hand, and you exhale into it.

Because it's ever so slightly damp, it collects all the moisture and vapor.

This way, I can vape the whole flight, and no one even notices.

I think, if we vapers had been using this or some other stealth technique, we would never be facing the new DOT restrictions. I highly advise EVERYONE to stealth out on planes and in airports... No sense giving them something to focus on...

Finally, since I switched to vaping, travel has become tolerable. The idea of having to go through all the nonsense of finding an exit, going outside, and going back through security again drives me CRAZY!!!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I think, if we vapers had been using this or some other stealth technique, we would never be facing the new DOT restrictions. I highly advise EVERYONE to stealth out on planes and in airports... No sense giving them something to focus on...

I like your stealth technique.

But the "If all vapers just used stealth vaping, there wouldn't be a law" thing probably wouldn't work. For one thing, the people screaming "Ban them" don't care. There is no evidence that vaping has any harmful affects, but they don't care. There is no evidence that terrorists have ever, or could ever, use a PV to do "terrorist stuff". But they don't care.

And you will also have some people like the vapor above in the thread, who wrote : "Self impose you own ban if you want to. I'll carry mine anywhere I damn well please unless it's against the law. "

If it isn't illegal, he's going to vape away and tell anyone who doesn't like it to screw off. He isn't going to stealth, and he doesn't care if that increases the likelihood of it being made illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread