Holy crap-high drain 18650 battery on ggts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Been enjoying my non hv 510 atty on my ggts with a 18650 battery. Nice vape and TH, and now almost three weeks on same atty!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/altsmoke/73528-6v-not-answer-high-drain-cells-answer.html

Read post by another okie, and bought one. OMG, this turns my TS into a 3.7 fog machine! Has anyone else tried this?

BTW, I just placed an order for two more....just to make sure you other suckers don't run them out of stock before I need another one!

Expect to see a classified ad very soon for a good deal on some sets of cr123's!

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
DaMulta, on SB sub-forum, had the same experience as you Harpo. It did perform better on the Double Barrel SB due to the bigger draw put on the battery with two atties firing at the same time. You can see at about the 3:50 second mark, the vapor with a single atty on a LiMN battery is about the same as a LiFEP04.
YouTube - Comparing the LiMN battery against other batteries With the DBSB/SB
I'm guessing it's due to how much current the atty draws. Harpo, have you tried it with different atomizers? 801,901,510 etc etc? Different atties have different current demands from the battery. I've heard the 510 draws higher current. Can anybody confirm this?

Last edited:

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
DaMulta, on SB sub-forum, had the same experience as you Harpo. It did perform better on the Double Barrel SB due to the bigger draw put on the battery with two atties firing at the same time.
YouTube - Comparing the LiMN battery against other batteries With the DBSB/SB
I'm guessing it's due to how much current the atty draws. Harpo, have you tried it with different atomizers? 801,901,510 etc etc? Different atties have different current demands from the battery. I've heard the 510 draws higher current. Can anybody confirm this?

Yeah I saw that. I tried it on a 510 and 306 and didn't notice any difference from my other 18650s. I've also heard it might work better on a juicebox so, when I get mine I'll let you know. I might try it on an 801 later but 801s and 3.7 volts is not that good for me.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
No joke, 801's at 3.7 are bad!!! I too heard about the JB and LiMN working better due to the lower resistance of Carlos' atty design. 2.5 ohm I believe.

boomboom. Do use the I3 atty on your GGT? If so, how is it? I haven't ordered any yet because I heard great things about other products on here just to be disappointed. Not directed at you OP, like I said before I got them for their C rating. Back to the I3. At $13 which is high for an atty I'd like to hear more opinions.

Last edited:

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I LOVE the i3 atties!!

They hit way harder than a standard 901. There is actually TH present, unlike standard 901's. The vapour at 3.7 is comparable to a 510 at 5 volts. I swore, I would never go back to 3.7 volt vaping. But I tried the i3's at 3.7 and love it. I love it so much, I want to buy a Slim now. Thus, the reason I ordered the 10440's from lighthound in preparation for getting a Slim. The i3 at 5 volts is like vaping a standard 901 at 6 volts. They really are good. Haven't popped a single iatty at 3.7/5/6/7.2/7.4 volts since getting them about two weeks ago. I like the DSE atties way better than the RN iatties that Imeo used to make. The old RN's were not durable and always shorting out on me or the silicone ring would come loose and they leaked like crazy.

Check this thread for more opinions on the i3.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/68748-first-impression-i3-atomizer.html

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I LOVE the i3 atties!!

They hit way harder than a standard 901. There is actually TH present, unlike standard 901's. The vapour at 3.7 is comparable to a 510 at 5 volts. I swore, I would never go back to 3.7 volt vaping. But I tried the i3's at 3.7 and love it. I love it so much, I want to buy a Slim now. Thus, the reason I ordered the 10440's from lighthound in preparation for getting a Slim. The i3 at 5 volts is like vaping a standard 901 at 6 volts. They really are good. Haven't popped a single iatty at 3.7/5/6/7.2/7.4 volts since getting them about two weeks ago. I like the DSE atties way better than the RN iatties that Imeo used to make. The old RN's were not durable and always shorting out on me or the silicone ring would come loose and they leaked like crazy.

Yeah I sent my AFS back. Massive leaking. Waiting on the new one. I haven't used my GGTS in a month waiting on the parts to fix the leakage issues. I destroyed 2 pcb's on 18650s dripping with a 510 so I stopped using it. I like BE112s at 5 volts and higher. They're beast, haven't blown one yet. I guess I'll have to ordered some i3s from Rob. I wanted to wait until he got some i6s back in stock but you convinced me otherwise. Since I don't vape at 7.2/7.4 I'll leave the i7 alone. Don't have the batteries for it anyway.

Edit: I shorted out the two TW atty's in the first 5 min of use. Glad Imeo went with DSE style.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I can confirm that the i3 has helped me use my 18650 again. I was not happy vaping at 3.7 for a long time until I hooked up an i3 in my AFS. Now it is all I want. It hits like a 510 used to on 3.7v for me.

I just ordered one of these new AW 18650s and a 18500 to test this out for myself.

I do know that the 510 does pull more amps than 901s and 801s due to the lower resistance. So this new high drain battery "Should" perform better with a 10C rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread