Status
Not open for further replies.

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Hello all.

I have been enjoying my UFS. I have been doing alot of research on batteries and I am confused. I am not very battery savvy. I bought 4 different 3.7 volt AW 18650 batteries and I have been reading that the IMR high drain are alot better.

My question is what is the best to use when vaping a 1.5-1.8 ohm dual coil atty. What IMR high drain battery packs the most punch. Is it the 18650, 26650, 10440 ect...? I am really confused and just don't understand all the battery language.

I feel like I wasted my money buying all these AW batteries and wanted to ask the experts before I just waist more $.

What combo do the long time users here use?

Side note.. I did buy a few IMR 18500/18490 batteries from Nhaler to get ready for the kick but using them I cant tell a difference between those and the AW's when vaping a 1.5 ohm dual atty.

As always thanks so much for anyone who responds. I am just trying to make my GG-TS UFS all it can be.

Happy Holidays
Aruga

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Based on the load testing done by Super T I wouldn't worry about buying new batterys unless you are stocking up for the Kick or the GGVV. I know a lot of people swear by them but in the graph while you can see they start out stronger they seem to drop off before the AWP batterys do. In general though the battery size is in the number. the first number is the battery dia so 10440 will be 10mm wide 14500 will be 14mm wide 16340 will be 16 mm wide 17670 will be 17mm wide and 18500 will be 18mm wide. The second number is the length so 10440 will be about 44mm long 18500 will be 50mm long 18650 will be 65mm long ect. However as I understand it the length is the length of the cell not the protection board so protected batterys are usually 2mm longer or so. As for which is best in general the bigger the battery the more capacity they have and in many cases (although not all) the more amp draw they can handle.

AWbatterytest3.jpg

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Thank you so much. That was the most simplistic explanation I have ever seen and I actually understand it.
What still confuses me a bit is .... for example.. Nhaler sells a IMR high drain 18650 that they describe as having a maximum discharge rate of 20 amps. Batteries for Mods
So does that mean the same type of IMR high drain 18650 battery sold from clouds of vapor would have the same 20 amp discharge rate or do some companies carry more powerful batteries COV IMR18650 High Drain Battery

and thanks again for the response and the chart. It starting to make more sense.

On a side not i did buy a couple of the 4.8v NIHM batteries that work pretty well but drain very fast. Especially with dual attys or triple cartos.

Hopefully a few more responses will set me straight. I am still wondering what the vets here think the best setup combo is for the GGTS UFS

Happy Holidays
Aruga

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Every manufacture is going to have different loaded amp ratings. As for which high drain is better well I think that is all down to preference. That being said I would rather pay a dollar or 2 more for a battery that I know has a lot of great reviews then save a couple bucks and get something I can't find any reviews on. Which is why I ordered 4 new 18650 aw imr batts for the kick or ggvv release.

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
By saying "packing a punch" I assume you're speaking in terms of heat/power. Given that, you have 4 options with batteries.
you can go via the single route, 3.7V ~4.2 Max
the stacked which is (2) + 3.7v = 7.4V ~ 8.4V Max
or now the new 5V which is unique and requires a special charger.
There is yet another 4th combination with 3.0V batteries, mainly Tenergy type which also require a special charger and these give you 6v

There is no difference in voltage from a 10440 or a 26000 series which is 4 times its size. What does change is the amount of life which is stored in that battery. Since most 3.7V can be charged up to 4.2, and given that a 2600 series has longer life, it will give a stronger 'hit" for a longer time at 4.2V

None of this does it for me. 3.7V got me off smokes but if I hadn't found High Voltage (7.4~8.2v), I probably would have gone back. When I first discovered HV, I realized how much I missed the throat hit which comes from the heat generated. Mathematically, a LR atty on a 3.7V battery gives off the same wattage as a HV on a High Resistance atty but I can definitely tell the difference

Last edited:

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Thanks for the responses.

Torqueguy, may I ask what your current set up is? Do you use dual coil attys or single? I too like vaping at higher voltage. That's why I have been looking to find the best 3.7 volt batteries to stack then to equal 7.2v. I bought the 3 piece extender for the GGTS which makes it super long but will hold and combo of stacked batteries.

Thanks again

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
If you bought the 3 piece battery extender you should be able to stack 2 18650 batterys. As for setup I can't speak for Torque but I vape 6v at 3 ohms which should be about 12 watts according to the ohms law calculator. For the same expierence at 7.4 volts you would need 4.56 ohm attys or cartos to get the same 12 watts. And at 3.7v you would need 1.14083 ohm atty or cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread