Status
Not open for further replies.

Robdob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Colorado, via NH
that should read Phone call. :facepalm:

I got a phone call this morning from one of my Senators' offices, regarding a letter I wrote about the FDA announcement and my concerns for small business and future restrictions on e-cigarettes. It was a real live person! She wanted to congratulate me on my quitting and staying off cigarettes. She also told me that Senator Bennet's office has been "inundated" by letters from constituents concerned about this ruling. She told me the Senator is listening to both sides, and this is such a new issue for him, he has a lot to learn. I told her that I would like the FDA to rule e-cigs and juices as a smoking cessation system. She told me that most of people she has spoken to, agreed with that. It will be interesting to see what happens here in Colorado. I haven't heard from Senator Udall's office yet.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
My concern about it being listed as a smoking cessation system is that it will open the door for the FDA to regulate it as a medical device. This could be worse then regulating it as a tobacco product. If it's listed as a medical device, that means it'll be banned in all it's forms until years of clinical trials take place. Even Big tobacco would have issues selling their products.

Robdob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Colorado, via NH
My concern about it being listed as a smoking cessation system is that it will open the door for the FDA to regulate it as a medical device. This could be worse then regulating it as a tobacco product. If it's listed as a medical device, that means it'll be banned in all it's forms until years of clinical trials take place. Even Big Tobacco would have issues selling their products.

Very good point. However in the conversation I talked about the availabilities of flavors and the ease of buying on line and local stores. We also talked about small business and their importance to the emerging market. But you're right, I emphasized how important this system was to quit smoking.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I am jealous. I wrote my state rep a month or so ago. I didn't even get a canned response.

Needless to say my vote and my wife's will go elsewhere this time. I am hoping to see her at the polls. Nothing like seeing a person smiling asking for your vote and saying.. "You are not getting getting my vote because you support X". The smiles from others walking into the polls and the shock expression from the rep is priceless.

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
My concern about it being listed as a smoking cessation system is that it will open the door for the FDA to regulate it as a medical device. This could be worse then regulating it as a tobacco product. If it's listed as a medical device, that means it'll be banned in all it's forms until years of clinical trials take place. Even Big Tobacco would have issues selling their products.

CASAA needs to get a talking points memo out stat.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
If I contacted my senators, I would probably be told to sit in the corner until I'm ready to behave. Both Boxer and Feinstein are far too power drunk with controlling all of us unwashed masses and protecting us from ourselves as only government can.

"We will inform you of what to believe"
"We will convince you to believe it"
"We will punish you for not believing"

You better believe it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread