Honolulu passes Bill making it illegal on Oahu to smoke OR Vape in vehicles w/children are inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I'm old enough to remember when there were very few restrictions on smoking and thinking back I'm amazed at how tolerant non smokers were. What I also know is the increasing restrictions had no beneficial effect on my very gradual increase in daily cigs over the years. I almost always found a way to smoke my daily quota. I'm sure this is true of most smokers and I'm sure the corrupt politicians making these laws know it too. These restrictions will discourage vaping but won't hurt tobacco sales or consumption of cigarettes. Follow the money.

LOL I'm old enough to remember when the only restrictions were basically not around flammable material.

I remember visiting people in the hospital when smoking was only restricted if there was oxygen involved in there care.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Same in California....the law says vaping and smoking are the same.
I am truly amused at our legislation when it says, you cannot vape in open air on the beaches between the flags where there are swimmer.

Now I can understand if you are a smoker and lets face it smokers throw their cigarette butts on the sand and it gets washed into the sea etc., but I have yet to see a vaper that stubbs out his vape in the sand or throws his mod into the surf. The next thing they will be saying no passing wind on the beach.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Oh man, I'd never be allowed on a beach again, or anywhere. Smoking = Vaping = Farting.
Pmsl..yeah. I live on an Island of Tasmania. I just about been to every beach on the coast. I have only seen flags once and no life guards. Take one flag and you could just about cover our island. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
Technically, one flag would do the whole coastline, depending on how it's written. I remember back when I lived in a city, we'd go to the beach. I'd bring lunch, raw meat/potatoes/etc in a pressure cooker with ice. Fire up the camp stove (note, totally public city beach) and make beef stew. But, due to regulations, you couldn't dig a hole in the sand to block the wind, so you had to block it with the body. Can't smoke, no alcohol allowed, no knifes. It was absurd.

So I'd go sailing on my little 13' catamaran, come back, cook lunch on the beach, then hop back on the cat, put 'er in irons and eat with normal utensils, have a smoke, glass of wine or beer. Finish sailing arounf, hit the beach and pack up. (Boat disassembled and went on top of the roof rack of vehicle.)

All the contraband stayed in the boat hulls (knives,cigs,wine), and being way out in the Pacific Ocean afforded enough privacy to do what you wanted. But I can't cook beef stew on a 13' catamaran while in open sea, lol.

I eventually got tired of crazy rules and left the city.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
You guys think you got it bad In my state of Tasmania Australia, we as of the 29th of November will be only allowed to vape in the same area as smokers and breath their smoke. We have all been labelled as smokers. Like it or lump it. Have a read of this: http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/__data/a.../New_laws_e-cigarettes_summary_factsheet2.pdf

I live in NYC, where government overreach is as common as pizza, and we've had a similar law on the books for a few years. What's worse, smoking (and vaping) is banned in all public parks, beaches, and outdoor college campuses. Of course, a lot of people still do it (myself included), but every now and again, a smug non-smoker/non-vaper will say something like "there's no smoking in the park", in response to which I lift up my mod and say "oh, I'm not smoking".

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
They always pass laws and then never enforce them anyway.
The hilarious part in our state is that our Dept of Health are now saying that the so called "amendments" were published as guide lines only and not being enforced. This is Bull......t In the northern part of our state where we have a gung ho type sheriff enforcer, he went around to all the vape shops and there are 4 of them and ordered them to take down all advertising and also delete images of vapes from their websites as according to that fool, websites are a public place, and if they did not they would not get their licence to operate a B&M store. Whereas in the southern part of our state nothing has happened. The one B&M store still has all his products on his website and is trading happily, go figure. The B&M shops in the northern part of the state are in fear that if they do not comply to the guide lines their licence will not be renewed the following year.

It remains to be seen what eventuates. As to vaping outdoors, no one seems to care where we vape and its vaping as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread