Hopping to RBAs, a few questions first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt-Horsie

Apr 7, 2013
Savannah GA.
I have been watching grimmgreen and pbusardo as well as a few others on youtube for a while, and have read quite a bit on the micro coil thread here, and have decided to hop into true RBAs

I just upgraded (sidegraded?) to a iTaste SVD from my Evic and am about to buy a pair of IMR18350 batteries and a charger for the SVD. I love the SVD over my Evic so far because with the same tanks at the same settings it just seems to work better. I am wanting to grab everything in one order if possible and am currently looking to buy from RTD Vapor AW Batteries

After getting a few coworkers and friends into mods after less than stellar experiences with the blue cigalikes we all agree we are looking for more vapor and flavor.

I am currently vaping mainly "Hell frozen over" in my protank 1 with the 2.8ohm standard coil at 10w and "Unicorn blood" in my pro tank 2 with the 1.8ohm coil at 10w as well, over those wattages I seem to get dry hits and some very harsh hits, form what I gather they just dont wick fast enough.

While I am trying other E-liquids these two are my main.

Currently I am looking at buying either the Drunker tank or the AGAt-2 with 2mm Ekowool and 32gauge kanthal to make micro coils, I am not sure what ohm range I am looking for but to me it does seem at the same wattage the lower resistance heads seem to produce better flavor and vapor (I may be wrong)

Sorry for the long post but I know giving pertinent info gets better responses; So Which of these RBAs (Drunker tank or AGAt-2) work better and is my choice of wick and wire appropriate? Also any tips would be appreciated. (And I may try and rebuild my burt out protank coil and I have access to a machine shop so drill bits of varying sizes are available to help with building the coils.)

Thanks;
Bolt

BigLebowski

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
Clearfield, UT
RBA's can be fidgety, RDA's are easier to set-up. I would suggest the RSST because of the insulation for beginners and an Igo-L for a RDA. For a microcoil you will want a lesser gauge of kanthal, I use 29 (1.5-1.9 ohm) and 30 (2.0-2.5 ohm). Seems like you understand the principal behind the microcoil, best of luck.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I have a drinker tank. I wouldn't recommend it at all. It is pretty junky. I'm not sure if the 2mm Ekowool will fit in the wick hole of the AGA T. Ekowool is measured by the internal diameter, so 2mm Ekowool is actually more like 3mm.

Personally, I don't care for the way the AGA's positive post. It is a total PITA to get the wire attached and the wire sometimes comes loose. You should look more into the Fogger V2 or the Rocket Tank to build micro coils in. It is totally possible with a genesis, but the ones I suggest just may be a bit easier.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I second BL's recommendation.... if you would like to go the rebuildable route... an RSST and an IGO-l would be a great 1/2 punch. :) I have both.

The RSST is a good RBA... an insulated wick hole and a plastic tank means you can pulse-oxidize the wick IN PLACE and you don't have to worry about shorting to the tank bottom. Capturing the positive leg is REALLY easy... it has a spring loaded plate, just slide the wire over the plate and it pops into place. Hell, even the drip tip is really nice. Like all RBAs, getting the wick/coil right takes a little fiddling, trials, errors and rebuilds. I finally hit the sweet spot on my second mesh and a 4 wrap 28g coil (.9 ohms - mech only build). Now it vapes like a champ.

The IGO-l... great RDA. It's best suited out of the box as a single coil RDA (get the IGO-W if you want dual coils). I pulled the silica and have what I am calling a 'cart-o-RDA'.... it's a 10 wrap 28g 1/16 microcoil wrapped in cotton.. 1.4 ohms. It's built like a tank (might be solid SS) and with the microcoil doing its thing, it gives a vape that is on par with the RSST at twice the power (albeit a much cooler one).

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Currently I am looking at buying either the Drunker tank or the AGAt-2

If you go with the AGA-T2 you will not be disappointed. I'm still in love with mine two months along. It's easy to set up, gives a great vape, has a Pyrex tank, and looks nice. It's also cheap. Got mine for $26. Can't advise you on drippers as I've not been inclined to go there having seen no reason to.

Bolt-Horsie

Apr 7, 2013
Savannah GA.
Alright, Thanks for the input. Looks like I'll be getting the 1mm Ekowool, and 28g Kanthal for sure. I may get both the RSST and the AGA-t2 because of the AGAs pyrex tank, I did a shot bit of looking just now and I'm not hating on it because it does not have a pyrex tank but I LOVE "Hell Frozen Over" and have to have a pyrex tank for that XD

I'm not much one for drippers, but then again I have only used two and neither were premium plus I have enough other tanks around that I'll put my main liquid for the day or two in the RBA and others in my protanks (which I will try my hand at rebuilding.)

I'll also get a bit of SS mesh, because I have seen enough people say to stuff ekowool and enough to say don't so I'll see which works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread