Horchata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Hey there. I seem to remember Geoff had a horchata flavor at some point. Am I crazy? If it used to be there, I can't find it now (I think it was in the customize drop down)....

Anyway, I'm in the market for it, and think TV would do it right.

What do you guys think? Dairy, some almond, and a touch of cinnamon?

Geoff, you wanna weigh in on it and let me know if it's doable?

Thanks!
(now back to waffle-stalking my mailbox!)

Jeremy386

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
San Jose, CA
What is horchata??

"In Mexico, Horchata is made of rice, sometimes with vanilla and always with cinnamon. The horchata found in El Salvador is primarily made from Morro seeds, not rice. Other common ingredients include; ground cocoa, cinnamon, sesame seeds, nutmeg, tigernuts and vanilla. Other nuts that may also be used include peanuts, almonds and cashews. Because of these ingredients the Horchata is usually strained before serving." From Wiki.

It is pretty good stuff if the person making it knows what they are doing.

Jeremy

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Jeremy386 said:
"In Mexico, Horchata is made of rice, sometimes with vanilla and always with cinnamon. The horchata found in El Salvador is primarily made from Morro seeds, not rice. Other common ingredients include; ground cocoa, cinnamon, sesame seeds, nutmeg, tigernuts and vanilla. Other nuts that may also be used include peanuts, almonds and cashews. Because of these ingredients the Horchata is usually strained before serving." From Wiki.

It is pretty good stuff if the person making it knows what they are doing.

Jeremy
Is it like rice pudding in terms of texture?

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Maybe he has some left, he just discontinued it in the last 3 months. Ask on the online chat at the website and I'm sure they will let you know if they can make some for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I talked to Geoff last night and he told me they don't have any left, nor does he have the materials to make an approximation he'd be proud of at this time. And I certainly respect his honesty in that regard, I'm sure some vendors would have just thrown something together to make a sale, but that's not how TV rolls! I can also certainly understand that he'd rather stock stuff that sells well than have stuff sitting in his inventory that didn't have a history of solid sales. Smart business, if you ask me.

Now back to waiting for my waffles and other stuff (should be coming in the next day or so!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread