Horible Metalic Tasting Juice?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Topher

Glad I found this thread. I'm a noob--just got my first e-cig on Thursday (510 from InnoVapor). Ordered/received 3, 15ml bottles of juice from E-Smokey Treats about a week prior to receiving my hardware--Cherry, Strawberry and Vanilla. Being the first e-juice I'd ever come in contact with, I opened all three to at least see what they smelled like. First impression--urine. All 3 smelled the same with only the faintest hint of anything resembling their intended "flavor" (and this was likely mental as I was really trying to find the proper scent). Anyway, stuck them in the fridge where they sat for a week.

Week later (Thurs), got my 510 and first tried the ECOpure "Rich" that it came with. Not bad--quite pleasant, really. I then decided to try dripping the EST liquid on a 306 atty I'd bought for this very purpose. Taste was AWFUL--hot metal, acid, urine--IDK, just not good. I'd heard about the "break-in" period for attys so kept at it with the EST for awhile, switching up flavors from time to time. All had the same result--BAD. I then tried dripping the ECOpure on this same atomizer and, hey...wait a minute--there's the pleasant flavor again. Must be the EST liquid. Tried filling a blank 510 cart with the Strawberry and using it with 510 atty--same result (horrid).

This has been a really confusing/disappointing start to my vaping experience--I'd watched Terraphon's reviews of EST liquid and based my purchase on that. Am expecting some JC samplers soon--hopefully I'll do better with those. Have been hesitant to contact EST yet since this is my first experience and thought maybe I was doing something "wrong" or this is an "acquired taste". My friends have been anxious to try my new toy but I'm not letting anyone near this juice at this point.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Leaking li-ion battery would still be my primary suspect. Why does the EMS package smell, did the bottles leak? Lithium has metallic taste BTW. Oh and it is easier to take out the primer with paper towel than wape it away.

Agree with this, I've had a lithium battery go and it tastes very metallic, and very very unpleasant. It stays in the atomiser - you will not get rid of this taste.

I've had about 750ml of juice in total from Ruyan Direct, and while I can't say I like every flavour, none of it tastes like "poison" or "metallic".

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
all my ruyan juices were fine.........one important thing to note is when you get a bad taste with this stuff it can stay in your mind/ or e-cig for days(seriously) I tried some DR. Pepper that was just nasty licoricy and everything gave me that same taste for a day and a half.(it was in my garage, in my clothes everywhere(most likely in my mind) Even with a different atty.

And to all the newbies, dont panic if you don't like the smell or taste of your juice at first. There is primer to deal with and Vaping is nothing close to smoking and you simply need to establish a baseline for flavors of vaping liquid. I have had flavors that I personally didn't like but the only juice I hated was a PEG based liquid so I assume PEG is not for me.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
For the last time it's not my battery- All 3 batteries I own work fine.

The juice is bad- Also the Coffee I got a few days ago from e-smokey treats smells the same way- but not quite as bad. The RY4 from them was fine. So it is confusing.

Someone else PM'd me she had gotten the same bad smelling juice, but decided to just trade it off to someone without telling them she thought it was bad- the person who got it add's flavor and they never knew.

One other person in the "The juice is the most important thing" thread reported the same thing.

So- I got one brave soul willing to test what I say is bad. Happily if you want to keep telling me this crap is fine- then send me your address so I can let you try it yourself.

This **** is annoying- I'm trying to help- wait and see there will be more reports of this.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
To- All the newbie you are * if your juice taste really bad and you keep vaping it!

If you get some juice like I described- Vaping it for 10 minutes will give you an all day headache, all day terrible taste!

I repeat it is not that I just didn't like the taste! This stuff made me feel very bad for at least 10 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
For the last .......n time it's not my battery- All 3 batteries I own work fine.

The juice is bad- Also the Coffee I got a few days ago from e-smokey treats smells the same way- but not quite as bad. The RY4 from them was fine. So it is confusing.

Someone else PM'd me she had gotten the same bad smelling juice, but decided to just trade it off to someone without telling them she thought it was bad- the person who got it add's flavor and they never knew.

One other person in the "The juice is the most important thing" thread reported the same thing.

So- I got one brave soul willing to test what I say is bad. Happily if you want to keep telling me this crap is fine- then send me your address so I can let you try it yourself.

This **** is annoying- I'm trying to help- wait and see there will be more reports of this.:mad:
When did I tell you your juice was fine. I said mine was fine. maybe you should also read our posts thoroughly or simply not read them at all. If you don't want any of us to give advice, why did you start this thread? Just to bash a company. Others gave you their opinions because you started this thread.......Ok point taken, we get it you didn't like your juice.

I saw several newbies talking about flavors from their first experience with juice and stated that it does not taste like smoking.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
OK Ya'll;

Robert posted that he was getting a refund, and it was over. It seems to me that nerves are getting on edge as this goes along. Since Roberts problem has been solved by the supplier, I think it's best to close this thread before someone says something they'll regret.

If anyone wants to discuss this further, I recommend starting a new thread.

Fair Enough?

Cheers;
jd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread