Hot choking vape - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
Hi, I'm pretty new to vaping and just got the KangerTech Subvod Mega TC:

(link int the pictur)​
I've put an almost-expiring(2months) e-juice from Hangsen that my friend had (6MG) and when I started vaping the vapor were pretty hot and I even choked.
It also makes a popping sound when vaping.
It has a 0.15 ohm coil BTW.
So, what's the problem?
P.S
Sorry if this is not the right forum

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: bnrkwest

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
Hi NOam. Welcome to the ECF.

Did you Prime the Coil/Cotton with a few drop of e-Liquid before you started to use it?

If you did, then you might want to try a Coil Head with Higher Ohms. Like 0.5 Ohms or even a 1.2 Ohms

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Hi replaced it with a 0.5 ohm one and it's better but still pretty choking and the taste is very weird and leaves a bitter taste.
I feel like drops come up and that I have to spit after every draw.
I don't think I've primed it too much or dropped too many or less liquid than needed.
Any thoughts?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Hi replaced it with a 0.5 ohm one and it's better but still pretty choking and the taste is very weird and leaves a bitter taste.
I feel like drops come up and that I have to spit after every draw.
I don't think I've primed it too much or dropped too many or less liquid than needed.
Any thoughts?

It might be that you are Drawing a Tad Too Hard when you take a Hit. Try taking a Longer easier Draw.

If .5 Ohm is Better, you might like the 1.2 Ohms even more.

I don't believe you can Change the Power Output for that device. So to get a Hit that is not as Hot, you need to Increase the Ohms (the Resistance of the Coil).

Also, how does you e-Liquid Taste in other Devices? Maybe the e-Liquid is causing some of the Problems also?

What type of PG to VG ratio are you using?

Reactions: bnrkwest

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
It might be that you are Drawing a Tad Too Hard when you take a Hit. Try taking a Longer easier Draw.

If .5 Ohm is Better, you might like the 1.2 Ohms even more.

I don't believe you can Change the Power Output for that device. So to get a Hit that is not as Hot, you need to Increase the Ohms (the Resistance of the Coil).

Also, how does you e-Liquid Taste in other Devices? Maybe the e-Liquid is causing some of the Problems also?

What type of PG to VG ratio are you using?
I have 5 replacement .5 coils so I guess I'll stick to them.
Can't control anything which is kind of a bummer but fine...
The e-liquid might be the problem, but I have no other devices to test on.
I'll wait until the liquids I've ordered will arrive and than now...
Is there anything else I can try?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Is there anything else I can try?

Not that I can Think of off the top of my head.

Only that a New Coil does go thru a Little Bit of break in. So it might get a little Smoother as you use it.

If you have a Vape Shop near you, you could call them and ask if they have any 1.2 Ohm coils for that Tank. Yeah, you pay a tad More when you buy from a B&M. But there is No Wait for things to arrive thru the Mail.

If you Think that e-Cigarettes are something that you are going to be using, I would consider getting a Variable Wattage (VW) Mod.

With VW, you can Dial the Wattage down to where you Barely are getting a Hit. Or Crank It Up to where you are almost Overwhelmed. And of course, find that Sweet Spot in the Middle that works Best for a Given e-Liquid in a Given Tank/Coil.

Reactions: mattiem

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
Not that I can Think of off the top of my head.

Only that a New Coil does go thru a Little Bit of break in. So it might get a little Smoother as you use it.

If you have a Vape Shop near you, you could call them and ask if they have any 1.2 Ohm coils for that Tank. Yeah, you pay a tad More when you buy from a B&M. But there is No Wait for things to arrive thru the Mail.

If you Think that e-Cigarettes are something that you are going to be using, I would consider getting a Variable Wattage (VW) Mod.

With VW, you can Dial the Wattage down to where you Barely are getting a Hit. Or Crank It Up to where you are almost Overwhelmed. And of course, find that Sweet Spot in the Middle that works Best for a Given e-Liquid in a Given Tank/Coil.

Any recommendation for a cheap good one?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Alright, I will consider it...
But for now, what should I do with the horrible taste?
As I said, I feel like a drink the liquid

It's just hard to know what is going on when Taste is involved.

Could be the e-Liquid? Maybe it is the Coil Ohms? It's just hard to say.

If the Coil Gurgles, and you are getting e-Liquid in your Mouth, that is a sign that the Coil is Flooding. You could try taking the Coil Head out and patting it down with a Paper Towel.

Then take a needle or a pin and Gently fluff up the Cotton at the holes in the Coil Head where the e-Liquid enters. It doesn't always work. But sometimes it can fix it.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
The Subvod mega TC is a temperature control device.

Read your instructions carefully.
Be sure you know exactly what type of coil you are using.

The 0.15 ohm coil was likely a nickle (NI200) coil. If your battery was set to wattage (non TC) mode it would give you the type of vape you experienced.

I believe it is a one button device so changing the settings will flash different colour lights.

TC may only be adjustable to Low, Medium, or High. If it was set to the high setting it may also be too hot for you.

If you do not understand the instruction manual type the device name into utube and watch some vids on it. hth. Cheers.

Edit.... Found this....

Battery Function
1. Speedy 5 click the button to switch on/off the battery;
2. Once the battery is on, press the fire button 3 times to select the operation mode:
A. Power mode: once press the button, it display RED
B. TC mode: once press the button, it display GREEN
3. TC mode setting
A. Set the SUBVOD Mega in step 2B above.
B. Remove the tank and press the button, LED will flash Green in 3 times.
C. Screw the tank on and press the button, this time the button will flash Green 1 time.
D. Make sure the tank coil at room temperature, or else the TC may function abnormal, which will cause burn taste.
4. When atomizer resistance is less than 0.1ohm or no coil installed, press the button, it will not function and button will flash 3 times.
5. When the battery drain out, press the button, it will flash 3 times and user needs to charge it;
6. When you press the button over 10s, the over use protective will activate;
7. When charging the battery, the bottom LED will turn red. It will green once fully charge up

Reactions: zoiDman

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
The Subvod mega TC is a temperature control device.

Read your instructions carefully.
Be sure you know exactly what type of coil you are using.

The 0.15 ohm coil was likely a nickle (NI200) coil. If your battery was set to wattage (non TC) mode it would give you the type of vape you experienced.

I believe it is a one button device so changing the settings will flash different colour lights.

TC may only be adjustable to Low, Medium, or High. If it was set to the high setting it may also be too hot for you.

If you do not understand the instruction manual type the device name into utube and watch some vids on it. hth. Cheers.

Edit.... Found this....

Battery Function
1. Speedy 5 click the button to switch on/off the battery;
2. Once the battery is on, press the fire button 3 times to select the operation mode:
A. Power mode: once press the button, it display RED
B. TC mode: once press the button, it display GREEN
3. TC mode setting
A. Set the SUBVOD Mega in step 2B above.
B. Remove the tank and press the button, LED will flash Green in 3 times.
C. Screw the tank on and press the button, this time the button will flash Green 1 time.
D. Make sure the tank coil at room temperature, or else the TC may function abnormal, which will cause burn taste.
4. When atomizer resistance is less than 0.1ohm or no coil installed, press the button, it will not function and button will flash 3 times.
5. When the battery drain out, press the button, it will flash 3 times and user needs to charge it;
6. When you press the button over 10s, the over use protective will activate;
7. When charging the battery, the bottom LED will turn red. It will green once fully charge up
Thanks, but I know it.
I used the right mode
I believe Hangsen is 80-90% PG.
I suspect part of the problem of the throat hit.
Do you know any cheap high VG e liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread