• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hot Pursuit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Hey guys in pursuit of more hit, more heat, and more flavour maybe... ya I debridged both Cisco's LR spec 510 and 306 atomizers. I mentioned in my all in 1 der post that i debridged the regular 510 atty. Well that just wasn't enough. I didn't want to break the only Cisco LR 510 I got from Jack so I babied it for a while. Then like the the thread implies, it just never seemed enough. I debridged the 510 and found it way better. More heat and more vapour. Wow. The 306 was a total mistake. I got my buddy on the e cig stuff and so he wanted the LR like me. Stupid me I ordered the Cisco 306's instead of the Cisco LR 510's. Now what?! My buddy got real anxious cause the regular 510's didn't do it for him and I wanted him to convert. I told him the 306's have a good review on them and so for now, why not try them for now. He did and is now satisfied for the time being. We both have the stock version of the Cisco LR 306 with the original tip it comes with, so that sucks. I'll be ordering the xl tip from jack in the next day or so. So I'm not sure if people do the debridging of 306's but I figure what the hell. I got 3 for him and I've never tried one so why not. Well the 306 is a tighter configuration. the bridge is really tight against the ceramic cup. The steel mesh and the wick seem to intertwine in some areas, but after it ripped it out there were just a few pieces of wick at the very edges. I found the best way to get the mesh is to grab with tweezers and twist. Don't try to pull cause the cup and all the internals pull up too. Just keep twisting and chunks of the steel mesh fall out leaving you with the bridge. I used a wire cutter and clamped the middle, but I think mine was a bit dull. It took a few tries, but eventually it popped and left me with 2 open pieces. I was gonna just peel it open leaving the coil exposed, but it seemed like in some situations I would slice myself with the 2 flaps sitting there. After some hesitation, I decided to try to wiggle the pieces out. They did pop off and now it's clean to the cup and with the full coil exposed. Nice. It is now a hotter vape with even more vapour. Ahhh... that hits the spot. The 306 is much more difficult than the 510's due to the bridge being nestled between the ceramic cup and the the sides of the atomizer casing. Anyhow with a little patience and the need for more juice sucking powah, I got it done.... Think I'll hit some bridgeless LR 306 vapour now. lol.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Very cool! Well, a little hotter to be more precise, haha. I have taken the steel mesh off of one of my 306's using this exact method. I saw orthchris's video on it and had the same issue as him later on.

I don't agree with him about there being no point in removing the wick and the bridge, but still a good visual on it after all is said and done.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
A word of caution and also a suggestion FWIW!

Be careful removing all the mesh from over the coil when you are dripping. When the coil gets too hot, the juice may sputter and you will get boiling juice on your lips or worse, in your mouth. Not too savory and more than a little uncomfortable!

I'm currently using a bridge-less 510 atty from GreenHouseOne, and even though the bridge has been removed, the mesh has been flattened over the coil, forming a sort of cover over it, still lets the juice through, but no back-fires. They do have a LR version of the bridge-less as well, if you want to go that route. At $15 for 5 attys and a 6 month warranty, you can't go wrong to try them.

My 2 c's.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
A word of caution and also a suggestion FWIW!

Be careful removing all the mesh from over the coil when you are dripping. When the coil gets too hot, the juice may sputter and you will get boiling juice on your lips or worse, in your mouth. Not too savory and more than a little uncomfortable!

I'm currently using a bridge-less 510 atty from GreenHouseOne, and even though the bridge has been removed, the mesh has been flattened over the coil, forming a sort of cover over it, still lets the juice through, but no back-fires. They do have a LR version of the bridge-less as well, if you want to go that route. At $15 for 5 attys and a 6 month warranty, you can't go wrong to try them.

My 2 c's.

This is true, the odd time I do get a little juice that spits up into my mouth, onto my lips or tongue when using bridgeless atomizers. I've never burned myself or anything and I normally find this is from flooding the atomizer a little too much.

That idea of GH1's might be a winner actually. I have left the bridge mesh (removing the bridge frame) in old Joye 510's when I de-wicked them and that did help with the random drops of juice making their way past the drip tip. However since the steel mesh over the bridge of the Cisco is wrapped so well (and in two layers) it isn't usually possible to keep it.

I kept my 306 bridge frame in place and just removed the mesh and have had few issues. I have found that, with these devices, when you fix one problem you create another.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The metal mesh is also a wick. I am not sure where this all started but de-bridging an atty makes them prone to flooding and leaking. The only atty I de-wick is the 306 (ease) and because this particular type of atty is prone to burning wicks.

The engineering behind an atomiser is the mesh carries to liquid from the cart or drips to the cup. The main purpose for the glass wick is to keep the coil cool by wicking what is in the cup and presenting to the coil the "right" amount of liquid to ensure adequate and complete vaporisation.

OTOH wanting heat and vapour is a normal part of the vaping process that should diminish in 10-12 weeks. You may still be getting nicotine, but your body is in withdrawals from on or more of the other 3999 chemicals it is no longer getting.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
The metal mesh is also a wick. I am not sure where this all started but de-bridging an atty makes them prone to flooding and leaking. The only atty I de-wick is the 306 (ease) and because this particular type of atty is prone to burning wicks.

The engineering behind an atomiser is the mesh carries to liquid from the cart or drips to the cup. The main purpose for the glass wick is to keep the coil cool by wicking what is in the cup and presenting to the coil the "right" amount of liquid to ensure adequate and complete vaporisation.

OTOH wanting heat and vapour is a normal part of the vaping process that should diminish in 10-12 weeks. You may still be getting nicotine, but your body is in withdrawals from on or more of the other 3999 chemicals it is no longer getting.

Totally agreed. When I was first removing wicks I was completely removing the bridge and found out it is a big no no for said reasons in my previous post and the leakage as you mention.

I only really suggest anyone remove the metal mesh when they notice the same issues as I did; Burned Flavor, No juice getting into the atty, etc but it was a good learning process.

Originally I believe de-bridging came about as part of removing the wicking and a means to get a warmer vape off of a standard res 510 atty on 3.7 volts. It has since seemingly become a way of life for some vapers while a pet peeve for others. Back in the days before LR I was pretty desperate to find anything that worked for me so I gave it a shot and it did help me in all honesty.

Short of the Cisco LR 510 and one out of all of my 306's, I haven't had the need to modify them at all. The whole idea seems kind of old school to me now.

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Well at this moment with my situation it seems to work out. When I use the cisco LR 306 that stupid mesh and the bridge seems to block my dripping. I like the taste of vg and that doesn't go down too well. Pg with this set up has too much punch so I really liked the vg for this thing. Since it was a pain to keep tapping my dropper bottle on the top of the mesh, and wait for it to soak in with vg, (forever) I decided to take it out so I can drip right into the big open cup without tapping the mesh or trying to squeeze it through the side of the bridge. For me anyhow it helped cause I can't be waiting around for one slow drip at a time till the vg gets to the coils. It's just not work it when it burns so quickly. I had to make the time spent on the dripping process worth the wait. Lol. Lazy and impatient what can I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread