Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@Rule62, wasn't that you that gave some dimensions for AGA-T, I believe 4.5 in by height?
I got the wrong poster,here, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...aga-t-wick-length-coil-wraps.html#post8057039

that was me, vapdivrr. in my wicks with 500 mesh i start out with a lenght of 4-1/2 inch x 1-1/2 . thats for the regular did wick hole. for the aga-t i go at 4-1/4 . this is a solid wick no hole. when making this coil you have to pre-ox the mesh then roll it as tight as you can. then fire & quench, then re-tighten. every time you fire and quench you need to re tighten. i do it 3x's. by the 3rd time it fits into the wick hole.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
that was me, vapdivrr. in my wicks with 500 mesh i start out with a lenght of 4-1/2 inch x 1-1/2 . thats for the regular did wick hole. for the aga-t i go at 4-1/4 . this is a solid wick no hole. when making this coil you have to pre-ox the mesh then roll it as tight as you can. then fire & quench, then re-tighten. every time you fire and quench you need to re tighten. i do it 3x's. by the 3rd time it fits into the wick hole.
I had to unroll it and cut 1/4" off that log, here it is, I posted it to the wrong thread
28k 500 solid.jpg

My post that I meant to put here is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...a-t-wick-length-coil-wraps-5.html#post8138950

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
From what I'm seeing here, a solid wick is defiantly the way to go.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I had to unroll it and cut 1/4" off that log, here it is, I posted it to the wrong thread
View attachment 163931

My post that I meant to put here is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...a-t-wick-length-coil-wraps-5.html#post8138950

so it wound out to be about 4 in? pretty close. it isnt easy to cut it when its that solid. just got an ac-9 and is wicking like sh''. with the same set-up. this solid wick has been performing awesome on all my gennys, but for some reason it doesnt work on the ac-9. rip told me to use 325 and start out with a mesh size of 40x 45mm. totally opposite from my others. but i guess all gennys can be quite different.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
so it wound out to be about 4 in? pretty close. it isnt easy to cut it when its that solid. just got an ac-9 and is wicking like sh''. with the same set-up. this solid wick has been performing awesome on all my gennys, but for some reason it doesnt work on the ac-9. rip told me to use 325 and start out with a mesh size of 40x 45mm. totally opposite from my others. but i guess all gennys can be quite different.
More like 4.25 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread