Hotcig G100 TC Box MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the G100 TC Box mod from Hotcig. The Hotcig G100 TC Box mod was sent for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-hotcig...13782.html

Introduction

In recent times i have reviewed a couple of single battery devices that have very rounded forms giving them ergonomics akin to a tubular device, the main con has been that they would only accommodate an 18650 battery. The G100 from Hotcig is another rounded, very ergonomic device with impressive build quality at a low price but is able to utilise either a 21700, 20700 or 18650 with supplied adaptor. Their is nothing innovative about the G100 or any stand out features (in fact it's quite basic) but i'm still using it at the time of writing this review and it is quite possibly going to become my new out and about device because it's an ergonomic, pocket friendly, solid performer!

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Hotcig G100 TC Box MOD
1 x Cell Adaptor
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Hotcig G100 came in cardboard box packaging with cardboard outer sleeve. On opening the lid of the box i found i had received the Black version, it's also available in Iron Grey, Red and Red Black. The shape of the device is tubular with a flat front and is a small single battery device so both size and shape make it pocket friendly with great ergonomics. For both the device's front panel and back battery panel in-mould labelling is used as we have seen on The Revenger series of devices by Vaporesso so likewise attract fingerprints, the chassis of the device is Zinc Alloy and the overall build quality of the device is high quality. The front of the device has a square standing on one of it's corners shaped fire buttons at the top. At the bottom we have the same shaped split in two for the navigational buttons making a triangle pointing upwards and a triangle pointing downwards. On one side of the device we have the micro USB port, the rest of the device apart from some venting and engraved branding on the base is featureless. Finally up top we have a large 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510.

G100 Specs and Features:

Size: 34 x 31 x 92mm
Battery type: 1 x 18650 / 20700 / 21700 cell (not included)
Material: Zinc Alloy
Coil Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
Output wattage: 5-100W
Output mode: VW/TC(Ni/Ti/TCR)/Bypass
Temperature range: 100-300°C/200-600°F
Innovative Chip for fast ignition
Display: 0.96"
Thread: 510 Spring Loaded Connection
Colours: Iron Grey, Black, Red, Red Black

Fitting The battery

The battery is fitted by removing the in-mould labelling back panel which is aided by elongated notches both sides. The device can use a 21700, 20700 or 18650 with supplied silicone adaptor. Putting an 18650 in and removing from the adaptor is a bit of hard work as it's such a tight fit and the silicone needs stretching. The battery compartment is tidy and with battery installed their is enough room to get to enough of the battery for easy removal, yet again battery orientation markings are Black on Black and quite small. The panel is secured by extremely strong magnets top and bottom, the panel snaps into place and is very secure, no movement whatsoever.

The Display

The Screen has a tinted screen but no issues with visibility as the display has an high resolution making it very sharp. This sharpness has allowed for the use of small font so plenty of information is given on the screen. Having good eyesight i'm not sure whether the smaller font may cause an issue to some people all i can comment on is the sharpness which does make all information clear. Again with the display being tinted not sure if it may cause visibility issue in outdoor conditions, i had no problem seeing the display outside but then i don't expect i will see bright Sunlight before March in the UK.
At the top of the display we have the puff counter to the left and the battery status indicator bar to the right. Underneath the already described we have the mode information so when in wattage for example "PWR Normal", then comes in much larger font the wattage or temperature (if in temp control), this is followed by the unit W, C or F. We then have seconds vaped central and underneath a seconds vaped progression bar that updates in real time. At the bottom of the display we have resistance, followed by amps (this displays watts when in temp control) and finally we have voltage.

Navigating The G100

The G100 is the usual 5 clicks to turn the device on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on you are met by a very sharp display as already described. The G100 uses the HW chip but there will quite possibly be a firmware update as many features are not available on the G100. I have read the manual, looked online and tried every combination button press options possible with the device both on and off and have found no preheats so in power mode you have normal and no other option, you can't enter TCR values for temp control, can't lock the resistance, can't lock the device and there is no settings menu to adjust things like screen timeout and brightness. What this does mean the device is very simple to navigate which will appeal to many. Pressing the fire button 3 times causes the mode to flash, when flashing you can change modes using the navigation buttons the modes are PWR (wattage), Temp (temp control) and Bypass. When Temp is flashing an additional press of the fire button causes the TC wire to flash, you can now choose between Ni, Ti and SS, if while the wire type is flashing you press the fire button again it causes the watts to flash (displayed where amps was displayed when in Power mode) you can now set wattage for temp control (this can be set up to the full 100w). That's it! a very basic device and very easy to use.

My Experience Using The G100

As usual i need to point out that i don't vape in temp control and do not have access to data so review devices as a personal vaping experience. I really like this device despite it's lack of features, it fires at set wattage instantly, feels great in the hand and seems a very durable high quality device (yet not expensive). Not being able to lock the device maybe an issue but the buttons don't protrude by much and as the main issue with a device not being locked is it firing in the pocket well most lockable devices still fire when locked so the best thing to do is always 5 clicks. Not sure how not being able to enter TCR values and not being able to lock resistance effects TC users but as a single battery power device it's a pocket rocket. Top wattage of 100w probably only possible with a 21700 battery (which i used) and it did seem there or thereabouts. The puff counter can't be reset (as explained no settings menu) but every time you take the batteries out the device the counter zero's, which brings me to battery life. The G100 is performing for me very efficiently if you look at the puffs taken with the installed 21700 and battery life left you can see battery life is very good. The device will accommodate up to 30mm atty's without overhang, again see picture of the device with the 31mm Steam Crave Glaz attached and finally is firmware upgradeable.

Final Thoughts

For a vaper like me who vapes using power mode at quite low wattage's (by choice i DL between 30-40w and MTL about 25% of the time) this is a winner. Ergonomic, good battery life and performs like a trooper.

Very solid built device
No Rattles
Ergonomically very good
Nice looking (objective)
Pocket friendly
21700, 20700 or 18650 battery
Battery door very secure, no movement whatsoever
Performed excellently for me
Bypass mode
TC (not tested)
Display very sharp
Can fit 30mm atty's without overhang
Very easy to use
Very good price
Efficient (been getting great battery life)
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Device can't be locked
Lack features like preheats and Curves
Tinted screen cover, not sure how well display can be seen in sunshine (can't test in UK in January)
No TCR and can't lock resistance
No settings menu (can't adjust screen timeout and brightness etc)
18650 adaptor very tight on battery
Front and back panel attract fingerprints

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Hotcig G100 TC Box MOD for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-hotcig...13782.html

• Love
Reactions: Winci
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread