House "Don't Vape" Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Here are my notes on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, Tue. 24 Sep 2019. Vicki McKenna aka Porter - pro-vaping talk show host from Wisconsin was the only pro-vaping witness. Glenn Grothman R-WI brought her in.

Don’t Vape: Examining the Outbreak of Lung Disease and CDC’s Urgent Warning Not to Use E-Cigarettes

Panel 1 questions for Anne Schuchat of CDC
Krishnamoorthi D-IL chair - liar claims 20% used nicotine only; implicates PG & VG, flavors
Cloud R-TX
DeSaulnier D-CA - wants to give CDC regulatory power to outlaw use of e-cigs
Grothman R-WI
Hill D-CA
Comer R-KY - CBD has little to no THC; he wants CBD regulation
Khanna D-CA - wants flavors abolished
Miller R-WV
Pressley D-MA - wants to ban mint and menthol; claims Juul website says "a single Juul pod is equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes" [Google says Jeff Calaway, an FDA commissioner, said it{who?}]
Jordan R-OH - could be that THC is linked to all cases
Tlaib D-MI - attacks Juul
Wasserman Schultz D-FL - stupid anecdote
Cox (? member) CA wants labels saying "it could cause DEATH!"

Panel 2 about 1:50
Dr Ezike of IL
Rizzo of ALA pile of lies; blames PG and VG
Johnson parent with anecdote blames legit vaping
2:07 Vicki McKenna aka Porter - pro-vaping talk show host from Wisconsin

questions for panel members
Wasserman Schultz D-FL idiot thinks IL was first
2:21 Grothman R-WI asks Ezike are THC carts legal in IL; lets Vicki talk
Krishnamoorthi D-IL claim UK study bogus; eggs Rizzo on
Cloud R-TX to Rizzo for bs about lung development; Ezike and Johnson; asks Porter what regulations she wants
Pressley D-MA to Rizzo and Ezike on toxicity of flavors; Porter interrupted her about number of vapers
Miller R-WV to Rizzo on "nicotine addiction" - her anecdote about kids following DDT trucks funny! Reminisces with Porter.
Tlaib D-MI blames Juul execs for supposed telling kids it's totally safe; babbles about "formamalhyde" and fine particles to Rizzo; feeds "nicotine addiction" questions to Ezike; lies that secondhand smoke is WORSE! WORSE! than firsthand smoke, while driveling about TRUTH.
2:50 the WINK
Connolly D-VA wonders about legalization of marijuana to Rizzo, wants regulation

United States House Committee on Oversight and Reform - Wikipedia

Unfortunately nobody addressed the CDC's misconduct in not telling doctors to test patients for THC; and for flagrantly attempting to conflate flavors +/- nicotine vaping with THC use by falsely pretending that unless ALL cases admitted using THC they couldn't single it out. So, there was no actual oversight.

"The glaring omission in the CDC's recommendations for clinicians is that they failed to recommend that clinicians conduct a sensitive urine drug screen for THC in every patient."
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: The Most Telling Sign that CDC is Protecting Illicit Marijuana Drug Dealers While Doing Everything it Can to Pin this Outbreak on Traditional E-Cigarettes
So if the patient lies about using THC, the CDC and FDA can lie too.

CDC Violating Its Own Principles to Blame E-Cigarettes. "every time the CDC even mentions a potential role of THC, it immediately undermines it" by falsely implying that 100% must admit using THC oils to blame it
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco and Alcohol News Analysis and Commentary: Despite Increasing Clarity in Role of Illicit THC Vape Carts in Lung Injury Outbreak, CDC Violating Its Own Principles to Blame E-Cigarettes

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't believe it's legal in most places to test patients for THC due to patient privacy rights. Someone in the health care industry might be able to clarify that point? If this is true they will never be able to say with 100% certainty because people lie.

I believe you can Test someone who has be Admitted to a Hospital. In Fact, it would seem like Poor Care if you Didn't.

But the Results Can't be turned over to Law Enforcement or to someone like the Media without Patient Consent.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I believe you can Test someone who has be Admitted to a Hospital. In Fact, it would seem like Poor Care if you Didn't.

But the Results Can't be turned over to Law Enforcement or to someone like the Media without Patient Consent.
I would think they would have to know for certain what all is in your system before administering any treatment. Not doing so, and the patient having an adverse reaction to treatment would open them up to a helluva lawsuit imo.

Reactions: zoiDman

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
I don't believe it's legal in most places to test patients for THC due to patient privacy rights. Someone in the health care industry might be able to clarify that point? If this is true they will never be able to say with 100% certainty because people lie.

They could certainly justify it with a directive from the CDC to do it, not to mention the doctors' own need to know. And patient privacy rights are about releasing individuals' information to employers and others who are outside of the medical relationship.

Reactions: ENAUD

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Good to see fellow Wisconsites acting like the sane people in the room
Those people from Illinois are malicious idiots and appear to be the main instigators of the hearing. They also encouraged people to believe that they were the ones who discovered the outbreak, when Illinois didn't get involved until well after those '8 Hospitalized in Milwaukee' that I posted about, dated July 25, 2019.

Fear-mongering in Milwaukee - 8 hospitalized

Didn't hear from the Illinois Department of Health until August 9, 2019.

https://abc7chicago.com/health/six-...th-vaping-related-breathing-problems/5458529/

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jman8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread