Status
Not open for further replies.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Funk Drac I like your style, MP is the business, Slayer can't be denied, but I guess for "modern metal" you guys mean bands that weren't putting out albums in the 90's and .......
This one is long, but it's one of my favorites, one of my "newer" metal band, genre is still the same for me, I like interesting time sig's and sonic surprises:) If you have the 7min to spare, you might not be able to put this band down:)

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
This one is long, but it's one of my favorites, one of my "newer" metal band, genre is still the same for me, I like interesting time sig's and sonic surprises:) If you have the 7min to spare, you might not be able to put this band down:)

I dig the fretless bass on that Intronaut. I'm a fretless player myself.

7 minutes eh? Howz 'bout 10?

I drove from Chicago to a rundown Asbury Park Convention Center in New Jersey to see these guys play in the states for the very first time. I think the year was 2001...

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Hahaha more Fantomas!

Did you know that Terry Bozzio (Zappa drummer) actually sat in a toured with them for a bit while Lombardo was on Slayer duties? How awesome is that?

I got to see Fantomas perform their entire first record at the Metro here in Chicago like 3 months before it was released. I went knowing it was just a "super group" with Patton and Lombardo... I was not expecting that set list! Needless to say you had an entire audiences mind blown... no lyrics until they did some encores of Slayer covers.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
fyEah!!I'm a drummer, Bozzio and Fantomas, Killer:) Dig the .... out of Opeth:D

Not modern, not metal, but it blows my mind none the less and really no music conversation that gets me excited, which this one does, isn't complete till I come back to this band, This song has some exceptional distortion, and an crushing groove, oh yeah, there's other stuff going on her too;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread