Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
About a week ago my wife's father fell 16 feet and shattered both arms from wrist to elbow, took 21 staples to the head and broke two bones in his back. About 30 minutes ago she got a call from her mother and was told that her brother flipped his truck and was being flown to shock trauma.

With all this stress in the house you would think I would be tempted back to cigs but vaping has held strong. My juice stash has taken a hit but my vaping has not.

BTW, my father-in-law is home and doing pretty well for a 60ish year old guy with all the broken body parts. For those that do, please pray for my brother-in-law. He is not the greatest example of humankind but I wish him no ill-will.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Prayers on da way!!!

BTW, way to hang in dere with da vaping...
thumbsup.gif

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm sending good thoughts out to your family.

It's pretty amazing about the response to stress. I had a very difficult decision to make in December and I as was trying to get my thoughts together, I was vaping a on a 650mAh eGo and a clearo - just a simple little set-up. It only occurred to me later that I hadn't lit a cigarette, which would have been the first thing I'd have done in the past.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I'm sending good thoughts out to your family.

It's pretty amazing about the response to stress. I had a very difficult decision to make in December and I as was trying to get my thoughts together, I was vaping a on a 650mAh eGo and a clearo - just a simple little set-up. It only occurred to me later that I hadn't lit a cigarette, which would have been the first thing I'd have done in the past.

Thank you.

It is weird how vaping has replaced smoking for me as well. I would have been standing on the front porch talking to my wife through the screen when I was smoking. But this time I just grabbed my PV and vaped through it. Since getting her settled down and ready for her 4 hour drive to the hospital tomorrow my mind is going a hundred miles an hour. But my need to smoke a cig is nonexistent. Thank goodness for vaping.

marnao122

Mar 7, 2013
United States
Those are some very stressful situations and I strongly applaud you for being able to keep away from cigarettes during trying times like these. Prayers for you and your family are being lifted now. I was hoping, myself, for yesterday to be my last day smoking, but I am still smoking today...........only because there are still cigarettes in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread