How are YOU paying for your vape purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I also get paid once a month and I live within my budget. Every month I know how much money I need to pay the bills, food, and ejuice. If there's any money left over, I may consider getting a "toy."

I don't have mom&dad that I can go to in a pinch, so if there's no money there's no spending. I can't consider using my credit cards to buy vape stuff. Saving the money for an expensive mod creates character LOL.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
I only order stuff when my paycheck comes in. If i didn't my credit list would be quite high by now ^^
I've set up a "vape" budget for myself. But i tend to overdo it anyway :p

I'd never order stuff on credit, i hate having debts to pay. :(

When I first set up last month, it was budgeted. However, I spent more, dipping into savings (I had set my budget into categories, some of which accumulate, but this took precedent over the new budget set in January).

So far, everything paid off with cash. I have a pre-funded PayPal cash back card I use for all purchases (thank god), grandfathered in @1.5%. That paid off the landline, or covered my purchase of additional tanks. I have an expense for my investment subscription coming up, so that will cause me to pull from emergency savings.

With all that said, I reset up a new budget in the WEE HOURS this morning!! I like to keep my CC at 7.5% utilization or below (called gardening), and I got above that last month, but still paid it off. My new budget puts almost 20% into savings, but not quite, however, makes up the emergency savings to my investment account and then some. Rest set aside with a small percentage going to vape.

Had a lot on my plate for fixing fico as part of new year (mine had gone up quite a bit), but everything took back seat when staart buying vape stuff Feb. 4th this year.

Hope y'all understood that (which is why important I kept those prices down in WA state, #stillcelebrating). :vapor:

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I have a card that I use for almost all my purchases (gas, groceries, vape gear, etc.) that I pay off each month. It's linked to my mortgage, and I get cash back to my principal balance.

I know how much I have to spend, and I stay under that limit.

If I ran the card up and made minimum payments, the interest would counteract the positive benefit of paying down my principal.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I save up untill i have the money... Last time i really wanted something i couldnt afford i reduced my living expenses to the extreme... 1 bowl of rice with half a can of tuna a day... With chili sauce for flavor :p...

Man im NEVER gonna do that again thats for sure :D

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

sklar0321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Montreal, QC, Canada
The only cards I own are my debit card and prepaid credit cards. Pay as I go out my montra - not sure if I spelled that right...

Sent from my LG G2, using Smack-a-talk HD.

Same here! Debit and prepaid credit cards all the way!

I do own a regular credit card but if for whatever reason I use it, I make an INSTANT payment back onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread