How Atlanta Throws Down - Pictures from the Atlanta Vape Meet-Up February 18th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Awesome guys, glad you had a god time. I wish could of gone and met a few of my fellow vapors. I feel like a loner over here haha. Did you guys do the chicken dance and cha cha slide? LoL.. I remember we used to have meet and greets for the local chatrooms before I was married. We basicly just got drunk off our you know whats.. good times.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
This is awesome and have been keeping my eye on your thread while you all were putting this together. I'm glad it turned out well and figured it would. It's too bad I live so far or I would have been there.

We had a small meet a month ago of 22 people and we too had a ball. Three vendors attended and had lots of juice samples so I vaped myself silly. The next day I did not vape at all, lol .

Thanks for sharing those great pictures!

taxman32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
StockBridge Georgia
I had just started vaping about three weeks prior to this and found out real quick that I needed more stuff (equipment failure and bought cigs) and found out that some of my stuff didn't work.(Thanks CHAOSAFFECT) At the meeting I was able to obtain backups to my backups and even got a deal from some Hillbilly from WV. Finally learned how to drip efficiciently and had more juice to try than I could ever hope to get through.
Helping MikenGa at the door was a great opportunity to greet everyone. Thanks to everyone for making this old man feel welcome and not such a Dumba..
Hey Brutus ever heard of Lonsdale? From there and haven't ever been in prison!

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty

1atom12

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
For those of you who had a great time at our big event, we are planning another group event! This is more of a beer and vape event and we will be discussing the groups fees, goals and agendas.

Date: March 24th 2012.
Time: 1:00 PM
Place: Olde Towne Grille Lawranceville

We have set a date for the next meet of the Atlanta Vapers. Please PM me or MikenGA if you plan on attending. This is our initial membership drive and we wish all to attend that want to be involved in a monthly group who meet up, have a beer and vape. We will have some group agenda items to work through, but mostly just having some fun. Come join us at http://www.atlvapers.com/ to discuss what you want out of the organization, meet our vendors and keep up to date.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Well, it has been an interesting experience, from start to finish. What started out as a small gathering of a few people turned out to be one huge event with over 120 people attending, and even live coverage from the Vape Team. When I first posted this in November, I never dreamed it would come to this, with over 1,000 posts in three different threads. We are starting a club, ATL Vapers, and we plan on having regular get-togethers (more like my original plan :) ) about once a month. We all made some new friends, got reacquainted with some old ones, got to meet some friends face to face that we only knew from forums and e-mails, got the chance to see and try equipment we may never have had a chance to try, and of course there was the now famous "Chatter Bar" (I just made that up, but I think it fits, after all the juice bar was Chatter97's idea) which was the busiest spot the whole evening, with literally hundreds of juices to sample.

One of the best things for me that happened maybe in part or all because of this, I got my Dad to come with me. He was a Pall Mall non filter smoker for about 60 years. I had given him my old 510 about a month earlier, that he would use some, but still used analogs some, too. At the meet he purchased an eGo Passthrough like mine from Vaporite, and I haven't seen him touch an analog since. I don't know if it was being there with other people that have switched, or finding all of the great flavors you can get (he spent quite a bit of time at the Chatter Bar :laugh:), but now he can sit in his favorite chair and watch his favorite shows, and vape away (non-smoking house, per Mom's rules, but she likes some of the smells from vaping, so that's ok LOL).

Anyway, now that it's over (or has it just begun?) I want to really thank everyone who has helped in any way with this fantastic journey, be it just suggestions, comments, or some going out of their way in support and some doing a lot of footwork, all of the vendors who came, and of course all of the people who took the time to come out to Olde Towne Tavern and Grill and join us. There are just too many people that have helped to name, but we know who they are (just read some of the posts here and elsewhere). Without all of your help, this probably would have been 50 or so people crammed into a bar somewhere, instead it became a very special and memorable experience, one that I hope we can duplicate (or even top) in the near future, maybe once or twice a year.

So, I hope that all of you can come to the next meet, you can find out more about it at the ATL Vapers forum. Hope to see you in there, and in here.

Thanks again One and All,

Balthezar

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
How was this event advertised. I live 20 minutes away from lawrenceville and would have been there.
Is there a notification protocol

There have been threads in ECF since November about it in at least 3 different areas, the main one that started it in General Discussion, and another one in Peach State Vapers.. Between all of them there were over 1000 posts. when I first started it, I tried to notify anyone I saw in here that was from Georgia, but since you didn't specify where you were from, I had no idea you were from GA. sorry, if you would like to be more informed, check out our new forum for ATL Vapers (see chatter97 above).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread