How do bottom coil clearos not flood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
I’m not an engineer, but I think it works like water staying in a straw when you cover one end.

Re: Why does water stay in a straw when you cover one end.

J.R.

That would make sense to me if the mouth piece was always covered but as far as I know it isn't unless it has a one-way valve built in it. I think it's more like a straw with no end covered and the submerged end has 2 smaller holes on the shaft instead of one big hole at the end. Oh well, I'll figure it out when it gets here I guess.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
My apologies in advance if I oversimplify this.

When a T3 is filled and the coil assembly installed, the tank is sealed except for the wick holes. The air tube runs down the middle of the tank from the mouthpiece to the battery. There is a heating coil toward the bottom of the air tube and wicks coming from the tank. When you push the battery button and suck air through the air tube, a little bit of liquid in the wick is vaporized and goes up the tube into your mouth. Liquid moves from the tank through the wicks. When you stop drawing air, there is a slightly lower pressure in the tank, and air flows back through the wicks from outside the tank to replace the liquid that was used.

I hope I put that so it makes sense. This works pretty well as long as the coil isn’t gunked up and wicks are working right.

J.R.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

When a T3 is filled and the coil assembly installed, the tank is sealed except for the wick holes. The air tube runs down the middle of the tank from the mouthpiece to the battery. There is a heating coil toward the bottom of the air tube and wicks coming from the tank. When you push the battery button and suck air through the air tube, a little bit of liquid in the wick is vaporized and goes up the tube into your mouth. Liquid moves from the tank through the wicks. When you stop drawing air, there is a slightly lower pressure in the tank, and air flows back through the wicks from outside the tank to replace the liquid that was used.

I hope I put that so it makes sense. This works pretty well as long as the coil isn’t gunked up and wicks are working right.

J.R.

That's because I say to blow some air from the battery end when it's too filled. Mine didn't give smoke until 0,8ml of juice were vaped

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA

J.R.

I understand why you oversimplified the explanation.

My problem with the straw explanation has been solved. I was thinking like the liquid in the tank could flow freely (like there was an air bleed at the top of the tank). When I was originally thinking about how it keeps from flooding I didn't take anything into consideration beyond the atomizer head and the liquid. Silly me.

I appreciate that you took the time to sort this out. Thank you.

May I ask where in you are from? I'm from Nothern VA.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I understand why you oversimplified the explanation.

My problem with the straw explanation has been solved. I was thinking like the liquid in the tank could flow freely (like there was an air bleed at the top of the tank). When I was originally thinking about how it keeps from flooding I didn't take anything into consideration beyond the atomizer head and the liquid. Silly me.

I appreciate that you took the time to sort this out. Thank you.

May I ask where in you are from? I'm from Nothern VA.

No problem Tanks. I probably enjoyed writing the explanation more than you did reading it.

I’m in Newport News.

J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread