How do I add 18mg/1ml bottled nicotine to my juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey! How do I add my 18mg/ml nicotine to my juice? And how to count the amount of nicotine of an e juice?
Thanks!
Are you talking ejuice you bought from a vendor? It should say the mg strength.

Are you talking about making your own recipe?

What is the strength of nic you have? And how many ml in that bottle?

What is the volume of the bottle you have(ml) and is that the bottle you wish to add nic to and have you looked or any online free calculators made specifically for this?

Ecigexpress has a free good one as well as others.

As you can see, we need a bit more info in order to help you achieve the answer to your question.

:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Use a juice calculator.

Could go here, and check out the DIY forum for more tips: New Calculator to try

Everyone kind of has their preferred calculator, but it's really easier to use one. And you will learn it easier as you move forward.:

No one can really answer your question as of now because we don't know the TOTAL volume that you want to add the nic to, and etc.

Juice calculators are not hard. It's kind of like algebra, backwards. You enter your "target mix" including PG/VG ratio, amount to mix, flavorings (if the juice is already flavored, I'd assume it's mostly PG and maybe (if it's commercial and you don't know flavoring strength, shoot for another 10% PG) your flavorings to get a viable "PG/VG ratio" and your nic also counts toward that so if it's in a PG base, you would add that, if VG specify that and it will work its way backward and tell you how much nic to add.

It's a good way to learn how a juice calculator functions, and it will help you if you want to DIY more moving forward.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: NatashaTMT

VeteranTrickster

Mar 28, 2018
Are you talking ejuice you bought from a vendor? It should say the mg strength.

Are you talking about making your own recipe?

What is the strength of nic you have? And how many ml in that bottle?

What is the volume of the bottle you have(ml) and is that the bottle you wish to add nic to and have you looked or any online free calculators made specifically for this?

Ecigexpress has a free good one as well as others.

As you can see, we need a bit more info in order to help you achieve the answer to your question.

I'm making my own juice. I have Atmos lab's GLYCERIN 0MG. I have I think it was called "crystal" (or something like that) bottled nicotine, 18mg/ml in a 10ml bottle.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm making my own juice. I have Atmos lab's GLYCERIN 0MG. I have I think it was called "crystal" (or something like that) bottled nicotine, 18mg/ml in a 10ml bottle.
If you are making your own ejuice, the first thing you need to know is what strength of nic(mg) do you want your ejuice to be.

What mg do you normally vape?

Then you need to decide the volume of the bottle you want to mix in. ie. 15ml, 30ml or higher.

These two questions need answered by you in order to proceed.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Nicotine (for vaping purposes) is described and calculated as "milligrams per milliliter" (mg/mL).

Your nicotine concentrate that you are using is 18mg/mL. That means in each and every milliliter; there is 18 milligrams of nicotine. That also means that the strongest vape you can have, using that 18mg/mL concentrate, will be 18mg/mL... and that is only if you vape it undiluted. Whatever you add (VG, PG, flavor concentrates, water, etc.) to your concentrate (or vise versa), is going to result in less/lower nicotine mg/mL.

The math is pretty straight forward:
-- You have a 10mL bottle of 18mg/mL. That means there is a total of 180mg in that full bottle (18mg X 10mL = 180mg).
If you add 10mL of your plain (no nicotine) glycerin to that full bottle of nicotine:
-- You still have 180mg of nicotine total.
-- but you now have 20mL of mixed liquid (10mL glycerin + 10mL on nic. concentrate = 20mL total).
-- 180mg of nicotine, divided by the 20mL of total liquid (volume), is 9mg/mL nic. strength (180 ÷ 20 = 9).

Here is a different one:
-- You have a 10mL bottle of 18mg/mL. That means there is a total of 180mg in that full bottle.
If you add 30mL of your plain (no nicotine) glycerin to that full bottle of nicotine:
-- but you now have 40mL of mixed liquid (30mL glycerin + 10mL on nic. concentrate = 40mL total).
-- 180mg of nicotine, divided by the 40mL of total liquid (volume), is 4.5mg/mL nic. strength (180 ÷ 40 = 4.5).

Or, here is a yet another one:
-- You are combining 3mL of your 18mg/mL nic. concentrate, with 1mL of your plain (no nicotine) glycerin, in your tank.
-- 3mL of 18mg/mL concentrate has a total of 54mg of nicotine (18 X 3 =54).
-- but you now have 4mL of mixed liquid (1mL glycerin + 3mL on nic. concentrate = 4mL total).
-- 54mg of nicotine, divided by the 4mL of total liquid (volume), is 13.5mg/mL nic. strength (54 ÷ 4 = 13.5).

So, (hopefully) you are seeing that the "total number of available grams of nicotine" divided by the "total volume of all liquid" equals the final nicotine concentration as "mg/mL." :)

You have not yet told us what nicotine strength you want to be vaping; so we can't offer a specific dilution ratio. ;)

VeteranTrickster

Mar 28, 2018
Nicotine (for vaping purposes) is described and calculated as "milligrams per milliliter" (mg/mL).

Your nicotine concentrate that you are using is 18mg/mL. That means in each and every milliliter; there is 18 milligrams of nicotine. That also means that the strongest vape you can have, using that 18mg/mL concentrate, will be 18mg/mL... and that is only if you vape it undiluted. Whatever you add (VG, PG, flavor concentrates, water, etc.) to your concentrate (or vise versa), is going to result in less/lower nicotine mg/mL.

The math is pretty straight forward:
-- You have a 10mL bottle of 18mg/mL. That means there is a total of 180mg in that full bottle (18mg X 10mL = 180mg).
If you add 10mL of your plain (no nicotine) glycerin to that full bottle of nicotine:
-- but you now have 20mL of mixed liquid (10mL glycerin + 10mL on nic. concentrate = 20mL total).
-- 180mg of nicotine, divided by the 20mL of total liquid (volume), is 9mg/mL nic. strength (180 ÷ 20 = 9).

Here is a different one:
-- You have a 10mL bottle of 18mg/mL. That means there is a total of 180mg in that full bottle.
If you add 30mL of your plain (no nicotine) glycerin to that full bottle of nicotine:
-- but you now have 40mL of mixed liquid (30mL glycerin + 10mL on nic. concentrate = 40mL total).
-- 180mg of nicotine, divided by the 40mL of total liquid (volume), is 4.5mg/mL nic. strength (180 ÷ 40 = 4.5).

Or, here is a yet another one:
-- You are combining 3mL of your 18mg/mL nic. concentrate, with 1mL of your plain (no nicotine) glycerin, in your tank.
-- 3mL of 18mg/mL concentrate has a total of 54mg of nicotine (18 X 3 =54).
-- but you now have 4mL of mixed liquid (1mL glycerin + 3mL on nic. concentrate = 4mL total).
-- 54mg of nicotine, divided by the 4mL of total liquid (volume), is 13.5mg/mL nic. strength (54 ÷ 4 = 13.5).

So, (hopefully) you are seeing that the "total number of available grams of nicotine" divided by the "total volume of all liquid" equals the final nicotine concentration as "mg/mL." :)

You have not yet told us what nicotine strength you want to be vaping; so we can't offer a specific dilution ratio. ;)
Thanks for info! And I would like to vape 18mg/ml

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks for info! And I would like to vape 18mg/ml
With what you have said you have on hand:
I have Atmos lab's GLYCERIN 0MG. I have I think it was called "crystal" (or something like that) bottled nicotine, 18mg/ml in a 10ml bottle.
With only glycerin (VG), and 18mg/mL nic; the only way you can vape 18mg/mL strength e-liquid, is by vaping your nicotine without any additional dilutant. Basically, you have 10mL of 18mg/mL e-liquid.

The only way to add anything (PG, VG, water, Flavorings) to a nicotine base, and end up with 18mg/mL e-liquid, is to buy stronger than 18mg/mL nicotine (24, 36, 48, 72, etc. mg/mL nic). The stronger the nicotine base is; the more dilutant(s) you can/need to add, to reach your target nicotine strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread