how do i know when to change the cartomizer in my carto tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had bad luck trying to use cartomizers I just always get dry hits and constantly seem to keep needing to re wet the cotton stuff. Anyways, I tried using a carto tank and really like it but I'm just wondering its been almost 2 weeks how do I know when to change the cartomizer? Will it start to taste burnt or something? Thanks.

txcolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Plano, TX
Sounds like you have a magic carto! I use very thick VG juice and only get around 5 days out of mine. When they do go, as the others have said, the taste with go off and the draw will tighten up on you. I typically fill mine in the morning and don't top it up until I get home in the evening. If I think one is on the way out I will change it before leaving the house for the day.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with all of the above. Usually it is the stiffer pull, occassionally the flavor drops off first.

I find I usually change out cartos around week 2 or 3. I've had some that will last four weeks, some only a week. Using the darker flavors such as coffee (which I love) last less long. Plain & clear flavors such as a simple menthol can last a month.

With my last cartotank setup, I had three bum cartos in a row right from the start. :grr: This has been unusual for me as I have been using Ikenvape Platinums for over a year. I had only had one bum IKV carto prior to this.

The most important step is properly priming the carto before even putting it into the tank. How well you perform this will determine how well that carto will perform for its entire life in the tank.

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I'm certainly envious of everyone in this thread. I get 3 days sometimes 4 with my cartos. After 3 days, the flavor just goes to hell. I have been using carto tanks for 2 years now, and simply have no idea how people can get such long life spans with their cartos. My wife has the same problem- needless to say, we go thru a lot of cartos!

We both have 3ml tank, and fill it 3 or 4 times during a normal day. Both using 70pg/30vg juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread