How do I prevent Poly Fil from getting into my atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
You can't. It is a downside of polyfill. The little fibers get stuck to the atty and then they burn. If you are using juice instead of prefilled cartridges, you can try other types of fillers. I am using the nylon Pyramid Lipton method and love it. Nothing is worse than that burnt taste from polyfill. If you use prefilled, you can try to gently pull the loose fibers out with a tweezers and a black light. Just be VERY careful not to disturb the meshing inside the atty.

Niluvani

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Parkersburg, WV
www.myspace.com
You can't. It is a downside of polyfill. The little fibers get stuck to the atty and then they burn. If you are using juice instead of prefilled cartridges, you can try other types of fillers. I am using the nylon Pyramid Lipton method and love it. Nothing is worse than that burnt taste from polyfill. If you use prefilled, you can try to gently pull the loose fibers out with a tweezers and a black light. Just be VERY careful not to disturb the meshing inside the atty.

Burnt taste of poly fil. mmm... :rolleyes: ha ha

You put "VERY" in caps. I've done this, and i've hit the metal thing in the atomizer. A lot. So now you've scared me. What happens if I disturb it?

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
Not sure if this will work but I haven't really had that issue. I roll mine into a tube-like (back and forth usually against a towel). I usually wind up with something that is pointed on either end. As long as the widest part fits into the atty, I cut off one tip and stick that end into the atty as far as it will go, I pull it up as far as I want the poly fill to offest into the atty and cut with VERY sharp scissors then push it back with the pad of my finger level with the atty opening (the bridge will do the rest). Seems this makes the surface brush-like without all the stray fibers. When it starts getting a little frayed.. I trim it and flip it upside down in the cart using tweezers. This may work for me because I start the day with several clean carts. Not sure what would happen if I tried to use the same cart day after day.

Niluvani

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Parkersburg, WV
www.myspace.com
Not sure if this will work but I haven't really had that issue. I roll mine into a tube-like (back and forth usually against a towel). I usually wind up with something that is pointed on either end. As long as the widest part fits into the atty, I cut off one tip and stick that end into the atty as far as it will go, I pull it up as far as I want the poly fill to offest into the atty and cut with VERY sharp scissors then push it back with the pad of my finger level with the atty opening (the bridge will do the rest). Seems this makes the surface brush-like without all the stray fibers. When it starts getting a little frayed.. I trim it and flip it upside down in the cart using tweezers. This may work for me because I start the day with several clean carts. Not sure what would happen if I tried to use the same cart day after day.

That's what I do :wub:
But apparently I don't do it good enough :cry:

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
I might try it someday. But for some reason I'm hesitant. /shrug

What is fluval like? (I don't know what is is really) Is it kind of like polyfil where it has loose threads and such? I've been meaning to go to a pet store or something one of these days. They didn't have any in walmart.

Fluval SuckS - hair burning on the atty just like the polyfill-

USE THE PYRAMID TEA BAGS- iT WORKS PERFECTLY

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
Burnt taste of poly fil. mmm... :rolleyes: ha ha

You put "VERY" in caps. I've done this, and i've hit the metal thing in the atomizer. A lot. So now you've scared me. What happens if I disturb it?
It is rather fragile. If you snap it off, you will either have to solder it back on or throw it away.

That is why I stopped using Fluval and changed over to the pyramid bags. They are maintenance free (other than rinsing) and NO burnt fibers! Polyfill and Fluval (same thing) were just too much work.

ETA -- you will always have trouble with stray fibers using polyfill, no matter which kind. It is the nature of the material. If you keep your atty clean and snip with sharp scissors any strays when you top your cart off, you can stay ahead of it, but you will always have to content with it unless you change over to a non-fiber type of cart filling.

Last edited:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I cut the polyfill that comes in the carts down to 'plugs'. You can get 3 to 4 plugs from one piece of polyfill.

Fill up the mouthpiece with liquid, (I find I get anywhere between 10-13 drops in there), put the little plug on the top, give it a couple of drips to make sure it's wet and you're off to vape heaven!

For some reason, since I started doing this, I VERY rarely get a 'stray hair' in the atty. But, even if you DO, you know the taste right away...take a pair of tweezers and get rid of it!

No, it doesn't leak into the atty, no, I don't know why it DOESN'T and yes, it WORKS. Give it a spin!

Good luck!

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I use filter pads, not Fluval, though, Jewel, and haven't had that problem since. But then I don't have it with my polyfill-filled ones either any more. I had it in the beginning when I sucked too hard and literally sucked down the filling onto the atties.

That's Jewel, and that's what it looks like when it's cut to be inserted into the cart.

Attachments

• jewel_smler.JPG
    jewel_smler.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Strawmod3_smler.jpg
    Strawmod3_smler.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 17

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Get the foam Fluval, it works very very well!!!!! Or if you use regular Fluval and stuff to much in the cart the fraying thing happens......DO NOT scrub the bridge of your atty, if you do and the foil looking coating comes off you will be very mad at yourself.

Also, i heard makeup pads work well........either way this is not a huge deal, it will not kill your atty.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread