How do I vape temp controle correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Hey guys,

any instructions? It works for me but I would like to know the expert opinion. Second question: Does it matter if I upped the temperature to the maximum of my device (315 C that is?)? I have a Aspire Odyssey with a 0.15 temp coil. I feel some liquids taste better with higher temperature.

Thanks in advance! :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, it's hard to know exactly how much "instruction" you need... I'm going to assume that you are using a TC coil (ss, titanium or nickel) and start your ramp up wattage pretty close to what you normally use.

TC should kick in as the tank overheats, but how accurate your device is can also matter. What are you using?

It's generally stated on the temperature control thread where a lot of TC and not TC equipment has been tested that remaining below 420 degrees (F) is safest, and least likely to produce undesirable byproducts in one's vape so you may not want to turn up your TC sensor quite that high, although it's a bit too early for me to do C to F calculations. But, I've always heard that over 420 does raise the possibility of it being too high. Spaced coils sometimes give better flavor than contact coils in a vape.

But, more information about your setup is needed.

Anna

Yodara

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2018
Kenya
Well, it's hard to know exactly how much "instruction" you need... I'm going to assume that you are using a TC coil (ss, titanium or nickel) and start your ramp up wattage pretty close to what you normally use.

TC should kick in as the tank overheats, but how accurate your device is can also matter. What are you using?

It's generally stated on the temperature control thread where a lot of TC and not TC equipment has been tested that remaining below 420 degrees (F) is safest, and least likely to produce undesirable byproducts in one's vape so you may not want to turn up your TC sensor quite that high, although it's a bit too early for me to do C to F calculations. But, I've always heard that over 420 does raise the possibility of it being too high. Spaced coils sometimes give better flavor than contact coils in a vape.

But, more information about your setup is needed.

Anna

Hey, thanks Anna, early for you mhh? Maybe you need a coffee, the information you asked for is in the post :D But here again: I have a Aspire Odyssey with a 0.15 Ni temp coil - Triton mini. I feel some liquids taste better with higher temperature XD Btw It's 599 F I am referring to

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, more coffee is indicated, I guess. Sorry. I think 420ish is the maximum "safe" temperature for not giving off undesirable byproducts, so my advice remains the same... Turn it down to 420 or something would be recommended. I did have an aspire zelos that does TC, but never put a tank on it to try it, so I don't know how accurate their TC is, but I'd play around with it some and see if you can get to enjoy a slightly cooler vape? I'd say given you are exceeding safe temps, you can either run it in wattage mode (knowing that and using a kanthal coil) or turn your TC down a bit. I guess you could also try experimenting with more PG or VG and see if that changes the vape experience? I also haven't vaped nickel, but I do believe that nickel is one of the wires you really need to NOT overheat. It's the most likely (IIRC) to give off nasties when overheated.

Best of luck, sorry about my first (incoherent) response. LOL.

Anna

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
After a troublesome start with TC, I installed new 316L SS staggered fused clapton coils from Advanced Vape Supply in both of my OBS Engine RTAs. I believe my initial TC problem was due to a heating imbalance between coils. Thanks to Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts for her suggestion on limiting TC to 420 degrees F. I'll know within several hours if I installed and wicked the coils properly.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I don't have the Aspire Odyssey, but their Zelos mod- not sure if it uses the same chip. It's a great mod in wattage mode, but for me, it's really pretty usless at TC, to be honest. I set the temp to 400f, same as other mod, and wattage to 10. It heats up extremely fast, then TC limits it, and it virtually shuts off to maintain the temp. I played with it for 2 days, but it didn't matter what I set the wattage at, it seemed to pump max wattage to achieve the temp. Other mods use the wattage you choose to get to the temp you select. I think Zelos uses 50W as the default for TC. But it sound like it may be a fit for you, since you're wanting max wattage anyway? And +1 on staying below 420F. No point in risking introducing some new nasties to your lungs after giving up smokes.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread