Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
I bought a metal cig case for 120mm cigarettes, some 2mm craft foam, and some 6mm craft foam. I glued a piece of the 2mm to each side, cut slots out of the 6mm to fit my stuff, and glued that in on top of the 2m foam on one side.

It holds a fully assembled 510-c, an extra battery, an extra atomizer, 2 carts, and a bottle of liquid (Repurposed Walgreens breath drop bottle) The cart condom from the cart in use fits on top of the bottle lid!.

3406847319_a363f7840c.jpg

3407656038_d2e43140ab.jpg
Very lovely! Thats what ive been in search of making as well. Very well done!

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
where did you buy the metal case ? it looks like it would fit a complete m401 pilot ?
i use a usb case from best buy which holds 4 complete pilots and carts,,
it also fits in a pocket which is good but i like the metal one you have better..

I got it from a local head shop, but I've seen them online as well (make sure you get the kind that holds cigarettes on both sides so it's thick enough). They have the spring-loaded metal arms to hold cigarettes in, but you have to cut them off if you want to hold an e-cig. The m401 should fit as well. I think it's actually a few mm shorter than the Joye 510-c.

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
I got it from a local head shop, but I've seen them online as well (make sure you get the kind that holds cigarettes on both sides so it's thick enough). They have the spring-loaded metal arms to hold cigarettes in, but you have to cut them off if you want to hold an e-cig. The m401 should fit as well. I think it's actually a few mm shorter than the Joye 510-c.

Thanks,, i think im gonna make a custom case one of these weekends..
but that one is the best ive seen so far.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Thanks,, i think im gonna make a custom case one of these weekends..
but that one is the best ive seen so far.
Thanks Menolly for the great idea!
Obi...
I ended up making one for my 401.
As described above, make sure you get one wide enough to put two layers of foam in it. I made mine because of the crazy batteries the 401 has.:evil:
Hopefully it with stop the batteries from going of like a glow stick!
I actually just foamed over the swing arms on my case.

Sorry for the crappy pic.

-1.jpg

Last edited:

Boomer

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Hey Menolly
That is a great case and just what im looking for. I have a question for you, do you find your carts leak at all? I have a DURA-C and most carts leak like mad once attached to the atomizer and I can just imagine wringing out that foam once a day :)

I have had the Pilot 401 for a few days, had a couple of teething problems but carts leaking not one of them :) The cart holds onto the juice extremely well, maybe too well lol.

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
Hey Menolly
That is a great case and just what im looking for. I have a question for you, do you find your carts leak at all? I have a DURA-C and most carts leak like mad once attached to the atomizer and I can just imagine wringing out that foam once a day :)

I've only had mine a few days, but I haven't had a problem so far. The only time I've had liquid on the outside is right after snapping the cart in- and that's just liquid that was on the side of the cart or the inside wall of the atomizer. I got the 510 from Widow's Bead Work (Fast shipping, great prices- I'll be ordering from her again) , and the carts from Janty.

The craft foam doesn't really absorb stuff- but If you have a leaky cart issue you may try a layer of Press and Seal wrap or something in the slot that you can just change out- or cut the space a hair larger to put a paper down down in it.

Did a little happy modifying to an old cigarette case. It's just a "to-go" traveller. 3 carts (1 attached to the atomizer), 2 bats, and atomizer. Fits real nice in my back pocket and it's hard so I don't have to worry about anything breaking. Works real nice.

I've got one of those too -- great idea! But it's made of metal -- aren't the components not supposed to come in contact with metal?

Thanks,

~~Cheryl

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
Very lovely! Thats what ive been in search of making as well. Very well done!

THANKS FOR THE IDEA,, i found a 120,s cigarette case at a tobacco store at the mall and some foam at michaels and made one like yours..
i may redo the foam because it isnt a straight line,,lol

my other case is a usb case from best buy,,both fit in my pocket but the metal one is thinner so i like it better...full pilots without taking them apart..
obi-wan-albums-obi-wan-kenobi-picture760-casescollage.jpg

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I want the smallest case possible that can still carry everything I need for daily use. I use this case Foray Digital Media Case from Office Depot for my Pilot:

Foray Digital Media Case Black Koskin 6 Card Capacity by Office Depot

The measurements listed are incorrect on the sight, it is about 4" high and 2.25" wide (closed). Also, I don't remember it being that cheap when I bought it in-store.

Size comparison to cell phone, easily fits in my back pocket:
rsngfrce-albums-pix-picture768-case1.jpg

Inside with my Pilot batteries, carts, atomizers, paper clip, 3ml juice bottles:
rsngfrce-albums-pix-picture769-case2.jpg

I use a camera case to carry the case I keep my e-cigs in, as well as misc stuff like tweezers, needle, spare at's, bats, extra juices, extra carts, etc. And the camera case is always in my back pack. But the case I carry my 2 e-cigs in is ALWAYS with me. It fits great in my pocket, in between the seats in my truck (the little map area). I need to cut a little spot in it for some juice - just havent gotten to it yet.

I used the foam that came with my 901 and cut an extra spot in it - so it carrys 2 901's. I usually have menthol in one and something fruity in the other - currently my fav is redbull.

I am currently working on cutting the foam from my lady-pipe to fit into another eyeglass case and it will have spots for some juice.

img023.jpg

puff-puff-pass

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Alberta
Bought 2 blue-tooth cases from Wally-world. $12.00 Canadian. They are made by "planet wireless" model "pwbtccbk"
I only own 901 PVs, so here is what I have in there.

2X batts
2X attys
3X carts
2X 1 dram bottles
1X tweezers

PROS:
The case is semi-hard sided, so it has some protection.
Belt clip
Caribiner clip
Zipper...not crappy velcro

CONS:
Items are not firmly held in place (possible scratches)
Only comes in black
Had to trim the tweezers (~ 1/2") to fit in case

puff-puff-pass-albums-puff-puff-pass-picture770-cig-cases-empty-can-hold-2-batts-2-attys-2-3-carts-tweezers-2-single-dram-bottles-semi-hard-sided-protection-belt-clip-caribeener-clip-included.jpg
puff-puff-pass-albums-puff-puff-pass-picture771-cig-cases-full-can-hold-2-batts-2-attys-2-3-carts-tweezers-2-single-dram-bottles-semi-hard-sided-protection-belt-clip-caribeener-clip-included.jpg

The way the e-cig Nazis are banning them around the world, we may decide to carry our e-cigs in a hollowed out Bible.
My mom committed suicide after quitting smoking (not the only reason of course, but who knows what the added stress did to her?)

I feel like e-cigs are my light at the end of the tunnel after over 30 years of smoking. Now that I have them, I don't ever want them to go away!

I've written to all my legislators. Please, write to yours, and get all your friends and family to do the same, whether they vape or not. Let them describe what a relief it is not to hear you hacking and coughing all the time, or cringing as you light a ciggie in bed, wondering if something's going to catch fire....

We need to band together. Evangelize. Tell everyone you know about this. Use it openly, and freely offer info and websites to anyone interested. Let's grow this movement and make it unstoppable!

~~Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread