How do you cut an eliquid that's too sweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
Hey all. I just received some fantastic juices from TV. They are great, no complaint here about their quality. But I find them too sweet for my tastes. I would like to use them, though, so I thought I could cut them so they would be less sweet. I know very little about DIY so my question is, what would I be cutting them with that would not significantly alter the flavor?

For informational purposes, they are all 24 mg 90PG/10VG

Thanks for the help.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Try the DIY e-liquide forum where the pros hang out.
Also you can get ahold of TV and let them know your concern, that you love the flavor but would like a less sweet version and see if they have useful advice.

Off the top of my head- the solution to polution is dilution. The problem you run into is that anything you dilute your juice with will diminish the strength of the flavor, You can use pg or vg of the same nic concentrate and retain that, but your flavor strength will decrease proportionally to whatever you add that isn't flavor concentrate.

Think of how you must fix a cup of coffee that is too sweet: you need to add more unsweetened flavor (more coffee which breaks down to everything in the original recipe minus the sugar). So you would need to be able to get your hands on the same flavor base unsweetened, and mix the proper ratios of pg/vg/distilled water to match the recipe, then use it to dilute your current stuff, the same way you would use 0mg nic juice to cut higher concentrate nic juice.

If your juice recipe has a sweetner added by the "chef" that is not found in the flavoring then this is easily done. But if the sweetness comes from flavor concentrate (which in your favor is not likely) then you are kind of stuck.

Last edited:

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Upinthehills said:
Before altering the juice I would let it age some. TV juices usually need time to blend and arrive at the final flavor. If after a couple of weeks you still find it too sweet, you could try mixing a small batch with another, less sweet juice in a complimentary flavor.
This is very good advice. I'd give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread