How do you fill a Clearomizer without making a huge mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Okay, I'm an idiot.
Given.

I put the syringe needle into the liquid and gently pull back the plunger. I did learn that you must do this VERY slowly and WAIT, because the liquid is too thick to pull. It just produces a bubble.

Okay, finally got a few ml's into the syringe and now for the fun. There were no instructions so I have tried the little hole from the battery end, the little hole from the 'user' end, and with the thing on a battery or not.

Now matter what I do, there is a HUGE bubble formed and I might get a fraction of a ml into the chamber. I do this about 20 times and finally get some inside. By then I need to wash my fingers, hands, the table, and the device is so soaked with fluid it takes two minutes of wiping.

Okay, I'm an idiot, but it can't be this difficult!

hints?

Michele

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lewisville, Texas
There were no instructions so I have tried the little hole from the battery end, the little hole from the 'user' end, and with the thing on a battery or not.
I just got my first clearomizer yesterday and just completed filling it. I used this youtube video to show me how:

YouTube - ‪Clearomizer Review By Tony F‬‏

Hope this helps!! :)

Last edited:

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
I just got my first clearomizer yesterday and just completed filling it. I used this youtube video to show me how:
)

Many thanks! I know some devices are self explanatory, but the clearomizer is not. I like Totally Wicked products, so this is the first time I was really disappointed they did not include some kind of instructions.

I have to hold the syringe in the bottle for a full minute to avoid getting a bubble. TW should have noted this.

Michele

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lewisville, Texas
Many thanks! I know some devices are self explanatory, but the clearomizer is not. I like Totally Wicked products, so this is the first time I was really disappointed they did not include some kind of instructions.

I have to hold the syringe in the bottle for a full minute to avoid getting a bubble. TW should have noted this.

I'm absolutely thrilled with how mine works....flavor...loads of vapor....ahhhhhhh

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
Try removing all three seals and fill it straight from the bottle at a 45degree angle, until the juice reaches the cup.

Make sure you align the lower seal properly to avoid overheating rubber.

39334d1305797838-ce2-direct-dripping-clearomizer-ce2drip2.jpg

Last edited:

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
If your liquid is too thick, try this: add a small amount of pg or vodka to your liquid to thin it out a little. I use pg but have used vodka/everclear to thin out vg based liquids.

I have got better thanks to those two videos. It's still messy but not nearly as bad as before. The thickness of the liguid is only annoying when filling the syringe. I pull back the plunger and wait...and wait...and wait.

It takes a full minute for the liquid to finally go inside, but injecting into the cart is much faster.

Michele

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lewisville, Texas

Now if I could only figure out how to clean the darn things. *sigh* I can use the syringe to pull the liquid back out, but not clean it off completely. Guess it's time to search you-tube for the best method.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
Now if I could only figure out how to clean the darn things. *sigh* I can use the syringe to pull the liquid back out, but not clean it off completely. Guess it's time to search you-tube for the best method.

For wicking problems:
- Remove all three seals and soak the carto in water overnight (use hot water initially). The water will dissolve the hardened/thick juice on the wick. Believe me, soaking can make a big difference.

For charcoal coil problems (often happens when dark juice is used):
- Remove all three seals and pry the carbon away using a Safety Pin
- Try to relocate the coil so it is evenly spaced and doesn't wrap around the wick too tightly.

CE2's don't work well with dark juices. Dark juice just clogs up the coil way too easily.
I only use clear juice with CE2's, and use atties just for dark juices.

Last edited:

cmdryker

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis, Mo
www.crystalclearvaping.com
I use 18g needles fit perfect in nipples of dropper bottles with out leaking, insert in nipple bout 1/2 inch into the nipple flip bottle and syringe upside down, pull the syringe as far as it goes,, BD syringes have a stop so you can only pull so far , just hold it there fully pulled til fill up syringe, (thicker juicers take longer) no leak no mess, suck out every drop from bottles. hope this helps. :)

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Last edited:

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
K2 - IMO, the attached photo with your post is all you need to know about clearos, fluxos - when done filling this way, don't replace any of the rings....just snap on a drip tip a vape until dry (never used a syringe) - been using these for months and can't get to all my new ones cause the originals just won't die - I've run 50ml thru 4 of these with a cleaning every 10ml - after a hot water soak just let dry and then dry burn all the gunk off of the coil...like new!! - anyone who revisits this thread, please go to youtube, type in DJBIZZUM and watch his vids on the clearos - have used every atty (got tired of dripping), Boge, Cool Cart and dual coil cartos and overall, clearos are the best thing out there now - stop using those damn syringes....please!!!!
Try removing all three seals and fill it straight from the bottle at a 45degree angle, until the juice reaches the cup.

Make sure you align the lower seal properly to avoid overheating rubber.

39334d1305797838-ce2-direct-dripping-clearomizer-ce2drip2.jpg

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
Using a drip tip or simply not using any rings/seals at all works well when at home. But when out and about, the CE2's need the inner cup to avoid leaking.

What the CE2's really need is a single mouthpiece that extends onto the cup, sealing the liquid in whilst providing an east refilling method (Like the G4 mouthpiece).
You're right - don't expect everyone to do this but when I replaced the original tubes (that cracked) with the BD syringe tubes, I cut them a little shorter so that my drip tips rested against the top of the cup...worked well at stopping the leaks - the new thicker tubes don't seem to crack but the bottom end of the tips don't quite reach the top of the cup (1/8" gap) however, when I'm out, have gotten in the habit of keeping my PVs upright (shirt, jacket pocket, whatever it takes) - this wouldn't work too well in a purse - just so impressed with the way these have been performing without any rings and once again being able to just pop off the tip and drip these full is working so well that I can't imagine any other method - BTW, the biggest reason for leaks with these is the silicone gasket at the base of the chamber - if this is damaged when replacing a clear tube (after cleaning), these will never stop leaking unless you apply some glue at the base - one way to avoid this, if you clean these, is to never remove the clear tube - just soak, flush center tube and chamber with a syringe, dry burn and fill - sigh!...got carried away again - hope this is helpful to someone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread