How do you guys feel about this potential set-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanakapoop

Mar 18, 2014
UAE, Sharjah
Hi all, I'm kind of new to vaping so bare with me.
I'm thinking of buying an Innokin MVP paired with a Trident rda.
I chose these because the innokin mvp is because it is highly suggested on Reddit.com. Its a VV and VW, with good battery.
The Trident is a good beginner rda, with dual coil capability and fits on the mvp, at a good price.
What I'm asking is, is this a good build for somebody looking to get good clouds, cause i know for good clouds you need to be ~20 watts, and I dont know how many watts an mvp could go to, or if it can sub ohm.
I also dont want to get a mech mod atm cause of the battery deal, its pretty complicated
I would really like some help before making a big purchase.

Last edited:

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
The MVP can run down somewhere near 1 ohm I've heard of, but it does have like a 3 amp limit so anything that pushes over that will be down regulated and fire at a voltage that does not exceed that amount or it just won't fire it at all and the green light on the switch will stay on for a few seconds. The MVP2 is capable of powering your topper from 3.3v-5v in VV mode and 6w-11w in VW mode. I am not so sure if you will be getting huge clouds, but you can get some dang good flavor out of making a build 1.5-2 ohms and you will get some decent clouds. If you are a cloud chaser then I would recommend getting a mech and going lower ohms as your amp limit is only restricted by the battery you are using essentially. If you do go that route then I would be sure to do some research on Ohm's Law, Battery Safety, and the ins and outs on building low ohm coils and testing the resistance (buying multimeter, ohm reader, how different gauge wires will end up with different resistances, checking for shorts at different points in the electrical current). Also make sure that you read Baditude's Blogs on Battery Safety. The man knows what he is talking about! But whatever you do, make sure you do it safely and don't hurt yourself. I used to run my IGO-W on my MVP2 and I enjoyed it for quite a while before buying a mech because the flavor was so much better than in my clearos.

Edit: If you do go the mech route then go to Illumination Supply and pick up some Sony US18650VTC5 30amp 2600mah batteries and you can do the low ohm builds safely. They have a mah rating that is the same as the MVP2 and can handle more higher demands than the MVP2. They are $9.99 and if you buy a pair IS will send you a carrying case so you can safely carry a spare in your pocket if you feel the need to.

Last edited:

kanakapoop

Mar 18, 2014
UAE, Sharjah
The MVP can run down somewhere near 1 ohm I've heard of, but it does have like a 3 amp limit so anything that pushes over that will be down regulated and fire at a voltage that does not exceed that amount or it just won't fire it at all and the green light on the switch will stay on for a few seconds. The MVP2 is capable of powering your topper from 3.3v-5v in VV mode and 6w-11w in VW mode. I am not so sure if you will be getting huge clouds, but you can get some dang good flavor out of making a build 1.5-2 ohms and you will get some decent clouds. If you are a cloud chaser then I would recommend getting a mech and going lower ohms as your amp limit is only restricted by the battery you are using essentially. If you do go that route then I would be sure to do some research on Ohm's Law, Battery Safety, and the ins and outs on building low ohm coils and testing the resistance (buying multimeter, ohm reader, how different gauge wires will end up with different resistances, checking for shorts at different points in the electrical current). Also make sure that you read Baditude's Blogs on Battery Safety. The man knows what he is talking about! But whatever you do, make sure you do it safely and don't hurt yourself. I used to run my IGO-W on my MVP2 and I enjoyed it for quite a while before buying a mech because the flavor was so much better than in my clearos.

Edit: If you do go the mech route then go to Illumination Supply and pick up some Sony US18650VTC5 30amp 2600mah batteries and you can do the low ohm builds safely. They have a mah rating that is the same as the MVP2 and can handle more higher demands than the MVP2. They are and if you buy a pair IS will send you a carrying case so you can safely carry a spare in your pocket if you feel the need to.

This is exactly what I was looking for. You answered my questions, and more. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread