Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
First Class, Priority? Whenever I mail an item first class, I'm asked if the package contains anything fragile, liquid , or explosive. Is it illegal to mail liquid first class? Seems that my e-liquid I order comes Priority, so I assume that that is the preferred way. I am going to, I think, put a couple of my un-used liquids in the classifieds and was wondering the best way to send them. Thanks.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I mail liquid first class all the time and Ive never had a problem with it.My PO never ask that and maybe its because they know me there and my mother-in-law works there.I always wrap each bottle in plastic wrap to ensure no leaks and so far Ive had none,then in bubble wrap and I tape around the bubble wrap tightly.A lot of times first class will get there faster then priority.Just depends where its going.Like a few states away first class will get there in the same amount of time as priority and its cheaper.

Last edited:

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I always say no. If you are sending multiple bottles, I will usually use 2 or 3 ziplock bags with 2 or 3 bottles in each bag, that way, if one of the bottles leaks, it does not mess up the labels on the rest of the bottles. I normally use a bubble mailer with some additional bubble wrap, or wadded up paper, but IMO if you are selling enough juice, priority mail is not a bad deal. The box protects the product, and the box is free :)

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
My post lady did ask and I told her yes. I gave her a lecture on how I ensure my "flavorings" are inside a ziplock bad and then another. I told her I belonged to a flavoring club. I have no problems and she never mentions liquids again. (Giving a lecture rambling about the flavoring club will bore your post-lady.)

I have mailed first class and priority mail. Depending on how many items I am sending. I would definitely opt for the delivery confirmation to ensure that said item arrives to address.

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I mail bottles of juice now and then and the post office people always ask me the same question, Is there liquid, flamables, poisons, etc. I used to lie about it and say no, but decided to tell them the truth one time and guess what? It was no big deal. The lady asked what kind of liquid so I pulled out a bottle and my PV from my pocket and showed her what it was and what it's used for by vaping in the post office. Another time I just told the guy behind the counter that it was a vegetable glycerine solution, like the stuff used in lotions and things, again no problem. So my suggestion is just tell the truth and explain it, maybe you'll convert someone in the process.

Freddytk421

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
Texas
Nicotine is considered 6.1 toxic by the post office. Here is a link if you want to learn how to legally mail it.
346 Toxic Substances and Infectious Substances (Hazard Class 6)

can someone erase this? there is no way to mail it legally. I was trying to find some orm-d consumer commodity loophole but you would need to dilute it to so much it would be worthless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread