Sending E-Liquid in the mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhock50

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Sedalia, MO. USA
I did some ejuice trading on here recently and at the post office they ask if the package contained any liquids, etc. I wasn't sure if I should say exactly what was in the package, it is ok for the general population to send nicotine juice through the mail. I kinda fibbed a little and said it was body spray or something like that. I was caught off guard and was afraid they wouldn't let me mail it. Just wondering what others do? Is it ok to tell them what it is or should I not? I just didnt know what the post office rules on this are.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Whenever they ask if it's liquid, perishable, etc, I just say no. I will tell them if it's fragile but that's about it. Not sure why they ask that question besides trying to make sure your not sending anything dangerous, which i never do so that's why I just say no. I'd rather avoid any delays or damage of them going through my stuff. I've seen what they do to regular packages. I shudder to think what they'd do to something like that.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I got this from the USPS website on what you cannot mail. I do not see e liquid on the list, just smokeless tobacco:

"There are rules and restrictions for what can and can’t be mailed.
This list is not exhaustive, but in most cases, you can't send…
Alcohol — Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, or liquor) are restricted and can’t go in the mail. If you’re reusing a box displaying alcohol brands, all logos and labels need to be completely removed.
Perfume − Perfume containing alcohol is prohibited on air transportation, and can only be shipped domestically via surface transportation. Perfume containing alcohol is prohibited in international shipments.
Prescription Drugs – Prescription medications can only be mailed by Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registered entities. Similar regulations may apply to over-the-counter medications.
Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco – With few exceptions, cigarettes and smokeless tobacco shipments cannot be mailed.
See tobacco restrictions and guidelines ›
Firearms – Only licensed manufacturers and dealers can mail or receive handguns. And even though unloaded rifles and shotguns are mailable, mailers must comply with all applicable regulations."

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
I find it odd that I've mailed juices countless times through USPS, and I haven't been asked that question even once. Perhaps different PO's in different areas handle things differently. I'm sort of glad that's how it is for me here, since I would prefer not to be forced to lie. Y'all gonna burn in hell for this. LOL! ;)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Just wondering what others do?

I use paypal or online shipping so I never have to deal with the counter.

Here they always ask. However, I do most (all if I can help it) of my shipping via PayPal and I don't recall seeing such a question there. I wasn't really looking though.

Online postage items can be dropped into a box precisly because there is a record of them, ie. a transaction code as well as electronic record of mailing address and return mailing adress, etc. In other words, at the counter they don't have that until you hand it over and they record it. With online postage it is recorded when you print and pay for the label. It's a security thing.

The most important thing we can all do is make sure a package of ejuice never leaks.

Wrap your bottles in bubble wrap, then place into a ziplock bag, then seal the bag with tape.

That way, if anything should happen, no liquid will escape, which IMHO, will really negatively impact the vaping industry.

I know the directions sound like common sense, but imagine my suprise when I received a LARGE 30ml bottle of juice, placed unwrapped into a letter envelope, like you mail a bill or letter in. :blink: It arrive half way in and half way out of the envelope, of course all the seams split.

Both myself and my postmaster were dumbfounded, I mean, it's incredulous that anyone would mail a bottle of juice this way, but they did. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
so it's none of their business i

Actually, it is their business.

Shippers are handling things and it is up to them what they want to handle. Stuff goes on planes, overland on trucks, and is handled by many human beings along the way. And USPS has to comply with other rules not of their making, like international policies, etc.

I have friends who are carriers and I can tell you that I would strongly support their case if a sloppily packaged 100mg nic solution leaked all over them, for instance. Sloppiness on part of vendors, and/or selfishness on part of vapers, doesn't cut it for me.

So, it is their business what they want and don't want to accept.

I recently received a package of lithium batteries, LOOSE, flopping around and unprotected in an envelope. all the ends touching each other. It could have started a fire on a plane! Or inside my post office box, etc.

I had a good mind to report them to their carrier, but I don't want to hurt the vaping industry over one lousy stupid vendor, so i just fired off an email to the vendor and let it go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread