The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

how do you use your KBV?

Discussion in 'Kick Bass Vapor' started by ime5000, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ime5000

ime5000 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    with my 1st order coming in soon, how do you guys use your liquid? drip? carto? tank mod? how do you get the best flavor? i usually drip other liquids dripping at home, and cartos on the road. so im prolly going to try a few ways out

2. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    I cannot stand cartomizers. It's a pesonal thing. It just doesn't taste good to me with that polyfill. I drip, and have a homemade tank mod that uses an atomizer instead of a carto.

3. rkayw

rkayw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    all of the above...tank, carto's, & dripping. I drip the occasional vape flavors at home, Cafe Latte stays in a tank 24/7, and sometimes I will put the occasional vape flavors in cartos for on the road trips. I get "the best" flavor dripping on an atty but my all day vape Cafe Latte I use so much that the tank is just easiest for me to lock & load 3mls at a time of it. :)

4. ime5000

ime5000 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    maryland
    dalton, care to share some details of this atty tank? id love to try something like that out! some flavors are fine in cartos to me, some are crap so i know what you mean :p

5. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    Basically, I took a VPX Mini tank, trimmed the tube down by 1/8th inch, stuck an atomizer in it instead of a CE2, and put a pinhole in the side of the atomizer just above the bottom cap. The hole needs to be VERY tiny, like a needle point. Surface tension of the liquid keeps it from flowing in and flooding the atomizer, but when you draw on it, it pulls joose in to wet the atty. It holds about 1.5mL.

In a couple weeks, I will be revealing a new homemade atomizer tank, that will hold more joose, and work much better, but I have to get some parts to field test it. Have to wait for money to get the parts first though LOL.

6. samuraijill

samuraijill Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Oregon High Desert
    I vape KBV exclusively in cartomizers, but they're really good cartomizers, but I do find that it makes me tend to limit what I reorder according to performance - an example would be that I absolutely love love love the flavor of Fiddle Paddle, but it gunks up a carto coil in about one day so that makes it an expensive vape for me, see? And I'm cheap, see? So I try everything and reorder the ones I get the most carto use out of, and there's plenty of noms in that category to choose from!

7. dmj4

dmj4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2011
    TN
    Dalton, an atomizer tank would be a dream come true. I put up with leaking from my Ego T for far too long, just because I dislike cartos and dripping is not easy when driving. I drip when I am home and use a JonBoy Lava Tank when out and about, but it requires a carto.

I have one atty that has a small hole in the bottom of it. It probably came from Ikenvape. Have you seen that one?

8. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    Do you mean the 901 atomizer that has a hole in the side? Most atomizers have a hole in the bottom connection so I am not sure what you are referencing.

As far as the atomizer tank goes...I just ordered parts to make an MUCH simpler atomizer tank , i.e. no punching tiny holes. Once I get the parts and assemble it, and get some field testing on it, I will post it.

9. dmj4

dmj4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2011
    TN
    Yes, that is the one. I was going to post a link to it, but the Ikenvape site was down for me. Any ideas what I could try with my jonboy lava tank?

10. BiancaMontgomery

BiancaMontgomery SQUIRREL! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    I mostly use my KBV juice in my Hog mod (wood bottom feeder) with either a vapage 2ohm hybrid atomizer, 1.5ohm Joye atomizer or a 1.7ohm SmokTech cartomizer on it. I also keep a carto tank full to throw on a small mod or eGo battery to grab when I'm headed out of the house. I vape KBV Hummingbird Nectar, it's clear liquid and it does very well in a carto OR an atty.

11. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Moved On

Feb 14, 2011
    Maine
    901's won't work with my particular atty tank.(I tried) The hole in the side can't be submerged because that is where it gets airflow.

As far as what you can do with a jonboy tank... You can give it to me. :D LOL Seriously, those things are so nice and so hard to come by, I would not risk damaging it. If you have a spare peice of tubing, you could shorten it appropriately and try an atty, but if you don't have the spare tube I wouldn't risk it.

12. TitanRich

TitanRich Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Chicagoland/NWI
    I'm curious about this myself. I just got in some KBV RY4 and some Vape Placid.

Normally, I vape 70pg/30pg so this is a new experience for me with 40/60. This stuff is thick. I'm not much of a dripper so this thread caught my eye.

I'd rather use the mixes the way the originators intend than have it modified. I'm afraid that it's just not going to take to a carto being less viscous than my higher PG blends.

Most of my vapeing is done with either my Reo/carto combo or carto tanks. Is this the mix (60vg/40pg) that yous guys/gals are using in your tanks/cartos?

I've always had more luck letting jooses steep, so I've got a few days to get this ironed out.

13. Kaefo

Kaefo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2011
    Champaign, Illinois
    I use KBV in my cartos, carto tanks, bottom feeder with carto, and top feeder with carto without any problems. I never drip, unlike Dalton. I generally fill cartos well ahead of time, so they generally get to sit at least overnight, though.

14. speedemon

speedemon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    Chicagoland
    I am impressed so far got the gooey better cake good stuff! I only use DC cartos 2.0ohm and up on my VV'S all sizes reg up to 4ml size no more messing with dripping the dc cartos rock and with good juice they last very loung time.

15. bandmom5

bandmom5 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    Mississippi
    I use my kbv in fusions on my original buzz or my buzz pro.

16. rkayw

rkayw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    I use 30/70 mix in my tanks. I only drip occasional flavors and to test a new flavor. Otherwise it's carto's and tanks for me. I did try the 60/40 but found the taste wasn't quite the same (probably due to the higher vg). JMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.