Status
Not open for further replies.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
all of the above...tank, carto's, & dripping. I drip the occasional vape flavors at home, Cafe Latte stays in a tank 24/7, and sometimes I will put the occasional vape flavors in cartos for on the road trips. I get "the best" flavor dripping on an atty but my all day vape Cafe Latte I use so much that the tank is just easiest for me to lock & load 3mls at a time of it. :)

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
dalton, care to share some details of this atty tank? id love to try something like that out! some flavors are fine in cartos to me, some are crap so i know what you mean :p

Basically, I took a VPX Mini tank, trimmed the tube down by 1/8th inch, stuck an atomizer in it instead of a CE2, and put a pinhole in the side of the atomizer just above the bottom cap. The hole needs to be VERY tiny, like a needle point. Surface tension of the liquid keeps it from flowing in and flooding the atomizer, but when you draw on it, it pulls joose in to wet the atty. It holds about 1.5mL.

In a couple weeks, I will be revealing a new homemade atomizer tank, that will hold more joose, and work much better, but I have to get some parts to field test it. Have to wait for money to get the parts first though LOL.

Last edited:

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
I vape KBV exclusively in cartomizers, but they're really good cartomizers, but I do find that it makes me tend to limit what I reorder according to performance - an example would be that I absolutely love love love the flavor of Fiddle Paddle, but it gunks up a carto coil in about one day so that makes it an expensive vape for me, see? And I'm cheap, see? So I try everything and reorder the ones I get the most carto use out of, and there's plenty of noms in that category to choose from!

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
Dalton, an atomizer tank would be a dream come true. I put up with leaking from my Ego T for far too long, just because I dislike cartos and dripping is not easy when driving. I drip when I am home and use a JonBoy Lava Tank when out and about, but it requires a carto.

I have one atty that has a small hole in the bottom of it. It probably came from Ikenvape. Have you seen that one?

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Dalton, an atomizer tank would be a dream come true. I put up with leaking from my Ego T for far too long, just because I dislike cartos and dripping is not easy when driving. I drip when I am home and use a JonBoy Lava Tank when out and about, but it requires a carto.

I have one atty that has a small hole in the bottom of it. It probably came from Ikenvape. Have you seen that one?

Do you mean the 901 atomizer that has a hole in the side? Most atomizers have a hole in the bottom connection so I am not sure what you are referencing.

As far as the atomizer tank goes...I just ordered parts to make an MUCH simpler atomizer tank , i.e. no punching tiny holes. Once I get the parts and assemble it, and get some field testing on it, I will post it.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
Do you mean the 901 atomizer that has a hole in the side? Most atomizers have a hole in the bottom connection so I am not sure what you are referencing.

As far as the atomizer tank goes...I just ordered parts to make an MUCH simpler atomizer tank , i.e. no punching tiny holes. Once I get the parts and assemble it, and get some field testing on it, I will post it.

Yes, that is the one. I was going to post a link to it, but the Ikenvape site was down for me. Any ideas what I could try with my jonboy lava tank?

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I mostly use my KBV juice in my Hog mod (wood bottom feeder) with either a vapage 2ohm hybrid atomizer, 1.5ohm Joye atomizer or a 1.7ohm SmokTech cartomizer on it. I also keep a carto tank full to throw on a small mod or eGo battery to grab when I'm headed out of the house. I vape KBV Hummingbird Nectar, it's clear liquid and it does very well in a carto OR an atty.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Yes, that is the one. I was going to post a link to it, but the Ikenvape site was down for me. Any ideas what I could try with my jonboy lava tank?

901's won't work with my particular atty tank.(I tried) The hole in the side can't be submerged because that is where it gets airflow.

As far as what you can do with a jonboy tank... You can give it to me. :D LOL Seriously, those things are so nice and so hard to come by, I would not risk damaging it. If you have a spare peice of tubing, you could shorten it appropriately and try an atty, but if you don't have the spare tube I wouldn't risk it.

TitanRich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
Chicagoland/NWI
I'm curious about this myself. I just got in some KBV RY4 and some Vape Placid.

Normally, I vape 70pg/30pg so this is a new experience for me with 40/60. This stuff is thick. I'm not much of a dripper so this thread caught my eye.

I'd rather use the mixes the way the originators intend than have it modified. I'm afraid that it's just not going to take to a carto being less viscous than my higher PG blends.

Most of my vapeing is done with either my Reo/carto combo or carto tanks. Is this the mix (60vg/40pg) that yous guys/gals are using in your tanks/cartos?

I've always had more luck letting jooses steep, so I've got a few days to get this ironed out.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I use 30/70 mix in my tanks. I only drip occasional flavors and to test a new flavor. Otherwise it's carto's and tanks for me. I did try the 60/40 but found the taste wasn't quite the same (probably due to the higher vg). JMO.

I'm curious about this myself. I just got in some KBV RY4 and some Vape Placid.

Normally, I vape 70pg/30pg so this is a new experience for me with 40/60. This stuff is thick. I'm not much of a dripper so this thread caught my eye.

I'd rather use the mixes the way the originators intend than have it modified. I'm afraid that it's just not going to take to a carto being less viscous than my higher PG blends.

Most of my vapeing is done with either my Reo/carto combo or carto tanks. Is this the mix (60vg/40pg) that yous guys/gals are using in your tanks/cartos?

I've always had more luck letting jooses steep, so I've got a few days to get this ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread