How do you vape at 6v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Khaos

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Corona, CA
Im just now getting into the 6v experience, and ist not at all what I was expecting. Im not enjoying it as much as I would have hoped. I was using 36mg juice at 3.7 and have tried 24 18 and even 12 at 6v. My issue is that all the juices have a "rough" throat hit, its ot strong, just rough, like sandpaper. Ive heard theres a different way to do it, what is this?!?
Ive tried the 2-3 second inahle. Ive tried feathering the button and tapping it but I cant seem to figure it out. What am I doing wrong?
Also, all of my juices taste burnt. I know some juices would after listening to vaporcast and reviews, but even some flavors that people have said are better at 6v taste burnt. I realised 5 drops will drown my atty, 4 will make it gurgle a bit but it will work. So even with 4 drops and it soaking wet, I still get a burnt off taste. I know it must be my technique : /

Last edited:

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
First what kind of atomizer are you using? If you're using a regular 2.2 ohm Joye 510 you're gonna have a hell of a throat hit.

I think a lot of people prefer 12 at 5 or 6 volts. You get a lot more vapor at high voltage so 12 mg at 6 volts is comprable to 18 or 24mg at 3.7 volts.

Try using an atomizer with higher resistance... 901, 801, but I find the BE510 works awesome at 5 or 6 volts. Its a 3.2 ohm 510 made by Best Ecig.

Make sure you keep the atty super wet too... It takes some getting used to as there is a fine line between too dry and having liquid leaking all over the place. Once you find that sweet spot it becomes a process of taking 3 or 4 drags, couple drips, few drops, few puffs, and so on. There is a learning curve involved for sure.

I was in the same boat as you when I first got my V2. I was all psyched to try it out. Screwed on the atty, took a hit and BLECHHH!!! Foul burnt taste. I wasn't keeping the atty wet enough.

Also, new batteries ie RCR123A seem to be a little "hot" when they're new. After a few charge cycles they seem to mellow out a bit.

Also, try taking the vapor into your mouth first if you're not doing that already. If I want a good TH I'll inhale straight down into my lungs so the vapor hits the back of my throat. If the vapor sits in your mouth for a few seconds it will cool and not be as harsh when you inhale.

Last edited:

Pure_Khaos

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Corona, CA
I should have elaborated.
Im using the Altsmoke OMeGa with 2 RCR123A LiFEPO4 battery's 3v each.
Im using a 3.2 OHM generic 510 atty, the ones tastyvapor offers, and they perform fine at 3v as compared to the official joye products.
I tried LR attys at 36mg fluid, 10% VG and the throat hit wasnt enough for me, I didnt even notice it. at 6v the throat hit is on spot but it feels very dry even when I believe the atty is wet : / Im stuck at the learning curve.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
It has a slight learning curve. I settled with 3-4 drips on a regular 510 or 801 atty until it tastes dry and repeat and fell in love. Dripping is a must for me at HV bc carts just dont wick well for me unless im doing 3.7v.

When I first tried it it was either burnt tasting or leaked. But I knew I had to be doing something nnot quite rt bc of all the rave.

Keep at it on and off and you will find ur sweet spot. I too, at first was unimpressed until I "got it". :)

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
Im just now getting into the 6v experience, and ist not at all what I was expecting. Im not enjoying it as much as I would have hoped. I was using 36mg juice at 3.7 and have tried 24 18 and even 12 at 6v. My issue is that all the juices have a "rough" throat hit, its ot strong, just rough, like sandpaper. /

What did you find missing at 3.7v? Anything? I was digging 3.7, kept hearing how cool 6v vaping was, got the 6v gear and had many of the same impressions you have mentioned. Back to 3.7 for me.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I vape w/regular 510 attys @ 6 Volts, usually loooong direct-inhales. Here's what I've found:

6V is just way too much for a regular atty, IF you lay into the switch for the entire duration of your draw/inhale/whatever. Try to tap the switch on and off a few times during your draw. A little practice and you'll avoid that awful taste of burnt whatever the heck it is.

I was frying attys left and right, needing a new one every 2 or 3 days. Aaargh! Couldn't figure it out. Then I got the idea that maybe I was just letting them get too hot, and too dry. I decided as an experiment to "tail-pipe" (no cart or drip-tip, lips straight on the atty). It worked! Your lips can feel differences in temperature LONG before you will notice with your fingers or from vapor inside of your mouth. If it feels uncomfortably hot to your lips, get off that button for a sec or two.

So my advice is to "drip, tap and tail-pipe", at least until you get used to that 6V (I'm still doing it).

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Its all about the POWER ! , at 6volts ( actually around 5.2 volts with a 3ohm atty loaded voltage ) is 12 watts , 3.7 volts @ 3 ohms = 4.5 watts !
several of us have found that right in the 6-8 watt area is the SWEET SPOT ( the juice tastes great, good TH and heat )

So you really want to run at 4.75 volts or so with a 3 ohm atty. = 7.5 watts. OR a 4.5 ohm atty @ 6 volts for 8 watts

2 cents

booker

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
London
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread