How does the aerotank perform on an MVP V2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
How high does the wattage go before you start to get the hotter vapor or does that normally depend on the juice? I usually prefer a cooler vape

It depends on the liquid and the topper... Personally, I vape mostly fruits, fruity drinks, and some sweets, so I'm usually in the 6-8 watt range because I like cooler vapes, too. I think the highest I've gone was 9 or 9.5 for a chocolate-marshmallow flavor (was like having s'mores :)).

Catdumpling

May 30, 2014
Colorado, USA
What's the difference between adding an air intake regulator to a PT2, and an Aerotank?
They seem the same to me, apart the dual coil.

Nothing, aside from the dual-coil. I recently put an airflow base on my PT2 and love it! I don't like Kanger's dual coils (they give a hotter vape, but other than that I don't notice any other improvements. I do get more dry hits though. YMMV and I also haven't tried the new redesigned dual coil heads yet.) The new AeroTank Mega and Minis have an improved airflow controller, but basically work the same.

I prefer a cooler vape too, so I'd recommend getting a single-coil ProTank 2 and the airflow base. 101Vapes has the PT2 for $8.99 and you can find the airflow bases for about $4; that still works out to be a few bucks cheaper than the regular AeroTank (and FWIW, 101Vapes has some of the best prices on Kanger coil heads too, so I'd suggest grabbing a box or two if you order from them!) My PT2 with airflow base on MVP 2 works great and it's pretty much all I've been using lately. I'm moving into the world of Kayfuns later this week, but I still like the PT2/airflow base combo. It's not too oversized on the MVP either, which is good for when you're on the go.

When it comes to "cooler" or "hotter", that's pretty subjective: what seems like a really warm vape to you might seem pretty cool to someone else. The MVP 2 allows for quite a bit of range, unless you're into really hot vapes. Some juices also just "work better" at different wattages for some reason, and some will seem cooler than others even in the same tank, at the same wattage. I have a strawberry-kiwi juice that tastes best at 9 watts, whereas my peach tobacco seems better at 10 watts. But, I also like a fairly airy draw and keep the airflow open most of the way (almost as open as it can be without getting dry hits), so my vape is still on the cool side.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
What's the difference between adding an air intake regulator to a PT2, and an Aerotank?
They seem the same to me, apart the dual coil.

I use the PT2 with the Kanger AFC. 101Vape has the PT2 for 8.99 and I found the AFC for 3.50 so it worked out great, saved a ton of cash.

Performance wise, no different than my Aero.

My new Innokin Itaste MVP V2 should be coming in the mail tomorrow and I'm debating on which clearomizer to upgrade to (moving up from an Aspire ET-S BDC) wondering if anyone has a MVP aerotank setup and how it performs/looks?

I put my aero on the wife's MVP while my battery was charging and was actually surprised that it performed as well as it did. MVP is not a bad little device which seems to accept several good tank set-ups.

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
If you want hotter vapor you should, IMO, try the Innokin iClear 16, or the 30, even better, with a turning drip tip added. Esy to change the resistances, but if you rewick your gear, I can't imagine doing the wick for rhe iClear 30 :D It's hidden in a tube with loads of holes in.
But...where there's a will, there's a way, as "they" say ;)

BCC don't get hotter, just burn, and that doesn't taste too nice :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread