Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
ok so I bought a couple of these to try out to see how decent the vape is because I was thinking of gifting a "building challenged" friend of mine a reo if this was better than her disposable ecigs. But, does this just screw into the connection on the reo? I can't seem to figure this out. It's the LR 510 atomizer. When I screw it in and squonk, juice goes everywhere but where I think it should go (outside of the LR in the juice well basically). Not sure how they work?

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=10

caup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Cologne, GER
Yep, the liquid should feed the 510 chamber, with only exceeding liquid running into the catch cup.
Due to the liquid chamber of the 510, squonking is actually rather simple, it is not that easy to over-squonk.
The other pre-manufactored atomizer, the 306, works with the same principle, but does not have a liquid chamber.
This makes it a little harder to squonk, but gives better taste (my opinion).

caup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Cologne, GER
From my experience, it should be very simple to work with.
As Long as the liquid "isn't standing" within the liquid chamber (above the wick), you should not have a leaking problem.
306 and 510 need tips, unfortunately 306 and 510 tips are not compatible.

Easiest way to try those atomizers is dripping.
Screw the atomizers into the 510 Connection, drip 5 to 10 Drops thru the tip, and vape 2 to 3 hits.
After you get accustomed to drip and vaping, squonk instead.

As with other atomizers, you need the BF version of 510 or 306.
Not all 510/306 atomizers in the market have a liquid hole in the center pole.
If you bought the 510 from Rob, it should be ok.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Don't over squonk. Squonking too hard, too fast, or repeatedly can cause a problem like you are having, forcing excess liquid to go some place faster than the atty can take it up.

Also, make sure you have a solid, clean connection to the 510. Clean the 510 on the Reo and make sure it is dry before attaching the atty. Make sure it has a tight connection to the 510. (But as always - do not over-tighten anything.)

Not all 510 attys or cartos are created equal. If the center post isn't a good one it may not be making a nice, flat physical contact with the Reo 510. If that's the case it will always have a "gap" of sorts that can cause more than usual leaking into the catch cup. All you can do it try a different one to see if it works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread