Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
truck_crash.gif

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
If all you want to know is how hard it hits, a REO + RM2 and a well built micro coil with cotton will knock you out. To get even a harder punch, you can mod it with a fuse as per this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/472662-spring-what-spring.html (Be careful and know what you are getting into if you ever attempt to do this. Read everything throughly)

Given the way REOs work and mastering micro coils on the RM2, a 1 ohm micro coil will seem to be hitting like a, say, 0.6-0.7 ohm coil. Unless you like vaping at extremely high wattage (30 watts+) the REO will punch like a truck. And most important, it'll give the best vape you've ever probably had.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
So I am looking at getting a new mech. I want something that hits pretty good. I've thought about a reo for a while but not having tried one makes the unknown a little tough to drop the cash. So how does the reo compare to other mechs besides being a bottom feeder.

if you are into coils >.7 ohms the reo is on par with other mechs

If you plan to go lower, some tweaking is required to the spring, there are a couple threads here of what we are doing

Once you do that, the REOs is actually above the rest (honest, some of us are getting just 4% voltage drop on a .5/.6 ohm coil)

Not that you need to go this low, the REO goes best with a RM2+microcoil

We all love our REOs over here, matter of fact I'm placing an order for a second one today less than a month after getting my first one.

But I'd rather let you know in advance before we have 'another' one of those threads, people coming from Mech / Sub -ohms RBAs/RDAs seem to be lost at first as to what the fuss is all about (I was there, and now it's my go to device)

Cavere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Utah
I am pretty well versed in microcoils and various builds and wicks. I'm vaping a trident with a .7ohm dual coil with ekowool atm. Like many I'm always chasing the best vape I can get. Having never used a box mod either that's my other concern. I am very much enjoying my provari with the Russian but for fun I like to chase clouds and flavor. I know the first isn't important but it can be enjoyable. That's why I'm considering a mini with a RM2.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I am pretty well versed in microcoils and various builds and wicks. I'm vaping a trident with a .7ohm dual coil with ekowool atm. Like many I'm always chasing the best vape I can get. Having never used a box mod either that's my other concern. I am very much enjoying my provari with the Russian but for fun I like to chase clouds and flavor. I know the first isn't important but it can be enjoyable. That's why I'm considering a mini with a RM2.

I do love my Mini REOs!!!! But for best punch, with higher wattage draw (CC) rated AW IMR 18650, 1600 mAH, especially for sub-ohm vaping, I, along with many others recommend the Grand. Once you get a Grand in your hands you will be amazed at how small it is and wonder how the two Mini, 14500 (not for new sale right now) and 18490 can be much smaller.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX

If flavor is you main criteria (same for me, i do sub-oh because i like my vape worm-to-hot) then yes, reo+rm2 is the way to go, it can only be matched by dripping, and certainly unmatched in convenience

KalThaxx

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2012
Cleveland
I just receive my first grand and RM2 Thursday, and after 20 minutes of my set up time, a 26g 0.8 ohm coil micro style with a cotton wick, i am very impressed. I get more vapor and flavor than just about anything I have tried. It's so portable, this will definitely use is as my everyday bring it with me wherever mod. Bottom feeing might be the vaping answer for me.

I was wishy washy and went back and forth about getting one, now I wish I had gotten one months ago.

So I would say get one, I believe it's one of those mods that everyone needs in their collect as it will always be practical and used, especially out and about,

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
A couple people have already mentioned . .. the mini doesn't have room for a battery that can hit as hard as the Grand. If you want punch, the Grand is the only choice.

But the Mini 2.1 can. My Mini 2.1 can hit pretty well, the AW IMR 18490s perform pretty well but they don't last long. I love the Mini 2.1 but for me it's only good for short trips out the house (not all day).

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
But the Mini 2.1 can. My Mini 2.1 can hit pretty well, the AW IMR 18490s perform pretty well but they don't last long. I love the Mini 2.1 but for me it's only good for short trips out the house (not all day).

My fave go to is Mini 18490 but I usually have some kind of bag, car purse, backpack, outdoors or travel vest so I can carry extra juice and battery or batteries depending on how long I'm gone. I just did almost 2 days on an 18490 and it was getting iffy. When I took it out my dohicky didn't register any voltage. But, even if I ruined the old AW it, at the very least gave me some vape last few hours.

BTW..... half of my batteries have some age on them. I, most usually, assume they are going to crap out on me too soon; hence carrying backup batteries. AND I frigg'n hate getting stuck, without batteries within a few miles, so most usually keep spares packed and ready. Main issue is remembering to top off packed spares every week or so.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
My fave go to is Mini 18490 but I usually have some kind of bag, car purse, backpack, outdoors or travel vest so I can carry extra juice and battery or batteries depending on how long I'm gone. I just did almost 2 days on an 18490 and it was getting iffy. When I took it out my dohicky didn't register any voltage. But, even if I ruined the old AW it, at the very least gave me some vape last few hours.

BTW..... half of my batteries have some age on them. I, most usually, assume they are going to crap out on me too soon; hence carrying backup batteries. AND I frigg'n hate getting stuck, without batteries within a few miles, so most usually keep spares packed and ready. Main issue is remembering to top off packed spares every week or so.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

The modules used for the "doohicky" read down to 2.8V. Andrew doesn't recommend IMRs to be discharged below 2.5V so you should be ok as long as you charged them back up pretty quickly. He recommends them to be charged as soon as possible if below 3.6V. I don't let me IMRs discharge below 3.7 as that's when I can really tell a drop in performance. Excessive discharge is how I killed the few IMRs that I have had failures with.

I mostly use "doohickies" to check my dedicated vape related batteries. I did not get mine from Sterno though, I built my own. I love them, so quick & convenient to use!

Img_4849_zps626c8127.jpg

EDIT: Corrected info, 2.8v, not 3.2v

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread