Not open for further replies.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
So,

I've been using a provari for about a year and love it. I'm currently working on a dna board powered mod and trying to make it as compact as possible. As such I've decided to not put a display on it.

Initially I was worried.. I thought "How will I know if I enjoy this!" then I wired it up on a breadboard and played with it.

Turns out, I don't care about the numbers, I just dial it till it tastes right and leave it alone.

Realistically.. how important is having a display for you when it comes to a VV / PR mod?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I started vv with a SmokTek box - no display. If I'm missing something I would never know it. Low is left, high is right and you end up somewhere in between there when it vapes right and tastes right. When it stops working it's time to recharge the batteries. Do I need a display to tell me that? Like I said, if I'm missing something....

A display is cool. If you feel a compulsion to be cool you need to put a display in. :glare:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I still use a meter with VV, it's not a necessity at all but it does make it easier to find the voltage I'm looking for. I've have a few mods I've built with the DNA board, some with meters and some without but I don't think it matters as much with VW. Once adjusted everything I put on it is automatically set to the same wattage so it doesn't get adjusted near as often.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
Nomo:

Sorta what I'm after.. my ultimate goal is a built in rebuildable tank atomizer with a DNA board in it. No more cartos, no more atomizers, just SS mesh, kanthal/nichrome wire and a micro USB cable. Set the wattage, adjust it for whatever juice I'm using at the time and go. I don't like fiddly. I don't mind every week or so 'doing' something but I don't even like refilling tanks. When I do my rebuildable I'm making it as easy to refill as possible, no syringes, no weirdness.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Some people like a display.. some people don't. Some people need a display, some people don't. Neither is right or wrong, good or bad. Me, personally.. I do like a display, as long as it displays the accurate voltage. Do I need a display? I could get by without one but it would be very frustrating. When using vivi novas, tiny increments make a big difference (for me that is). I find it hard to change my voltage on my devices that don't show the voltage without using my voltmeter.

It's just personal preference.

I just got the wife a super ego VV. She's still new to VV so I opted for a device with a screen.
Shes learning quick as she said 'I like this many volts on this device, but this many volts on the other device."
I told her she's doing good and just go by taste.
Her new toy is the puff counter though....lol.

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
I'd be willing to sacrifice a display to keep a device sleek. If my eGo Twist was VW rather than VV and truly accurate, then I think that would be fine. As it is, I find myself needing to fiddle with the dial quite a bit. Of course I have to do it sometimes when I change tanks, but sometimes even on the same tank it seems to be firing differently. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's dependent on how much charge is in the battery. I don't know.

Seems to me if the devices was accurate and well regulated, you could just set your target wattage and forget it. If I really have a burning desire to know the precise resistance of my atty, I can pull out the multimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread