The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How is the throat hit with KBV juices?

Discussion in 'Kick Bass Vapor' started by JerryB, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JerryB

JerryB Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    Forest Hills, NY
    Hello!

I've been looking forward to placing my first order with KBV - however, I'm reluctant to do so because a majority of the reviews I've viewed on YouTube indicate a low to mild throat hit with their juices - which in my case would be a deal breaker.

Full flavor as well as good throat hit are my two most important criteria (vapor production is of little concern).
    I vape at 18 mg, and prefer a higher PG ratio.

Some vapors dont care for strong throat hit - but i do - so thank you in advance for your honest replies!
    Even if KBVs juices are as wonderful as I've heard, there's little point in buying them if they won't suit my taste.

Cheers!

2. Morfeeus

Morfeeus Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Blue Springs, MO
    I vape 18mg nic with their 70/30 PG/VG blend. Some flavors do have a more noticable TH than others. TH is mostly attributed to the nic level unless the juice vendor adds things to artificially intensify it(which KBV does not to the best of my knowledge). Nicotine causes the muscles in the throat to "contract" which is that TH that you feel. I think that the freshness of the nicotine affects TH also. Really fresh nic will have a little bit milder TH but should increase as the juice steeps. My favorite KBV juice is Hummingbird Nectar. It has a good honeysuckle flavor and tends to have a great TH.

3. VaporHead512

VaporHead512 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    TX
    I'm a full flavored kind a guy myself, and I love TH so I go with 24mg. Great TH on the juices I've tried. Your juice delivery system can make a difference as well. I spent about $700 on juice when I first started vaping, from all over the country. KBV is gonna be my go to vendor from now on. I didn't get a single juice I didn't like and I tried about 8 flavors.

4. JerryB

May 13, 2012
    Forest Hills, NY
    What a great name! Thank you for the reply! I went ahead and ordered two flavors today (at 18mg and with extra flavor), and I'm looking forward to giving them a try.

5. JerryB

May 13, 2012
    Forest Hills, NY
    Thank you Morfeeus for your reply, and interesting explanation regarding nicotine freshness and TH! That's something I had not been familiar with.

6. Morfeeus

Morfeeus Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Blue Springs, MO
    You're welcome :)

7. Magikhat

Magikhat Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania

I agree with the nicotine levels.
    I ordered 12mg once from KBV and there was 0 TH
    I enjoy KBV at 18mg and they have the best tasting juice. I would say the TH is moderate to light depending on the flavor.
    Worth it to try KBV at 18mg. 70pg. 30vg. The flavors are excellent and it is worth the shot to see what you may be missing. For under $10 with shipping you can get 15ml to try or two 15ml for under $20

KBV should make a sampler pack

8. Libel

Libel Full Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Canada
    I got mine at 12mg and there is a TH that is perfect for me (and it is not "mild"). I guess it really depends on how strong you expect it to be.

Regarding flavor, with the extra flavoring option i took, I can say without a doubt that so far KBV is the juice supplier with the most flavor and most taste. It is going to be hard to vape juices from other vendors. Of course, to each his own.

Btw, Gooey Butter Cake: a killer (I have not yet tested the other liquids I ordered).

9. JerryB

May 13, 2012
    Forest Hills, NY
    I not only placed an order with KBV some weeks ago, I've already placed a second order.
    I initially ordered two flavors. I absolutely loved Butter Pecan Rum Ice Cream! Great flavor and TH!
    I wasn't as enthused over the second one - be oh Be's OMG! I know a lot of folks are crazy over this, but it wasn't quite for me.
    No matter, I loved the first one so much that I ordered two other flavors - and will continue to order from KBV.

10. VaporHead512

VaporHead512 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    TX
    That OMG is gonna grow on you. Give it time. Let it steep. Keep trying it.

11. JerryB

May 13, 2012
    Forest Hills, NY
    Thank you for the good advice!

Truth be told, I didn't like OMG one bit after trying it a few days after it arrived. Tried it again a few weeks later, and it's not bad.
    Who knows, maybe after another week or so, I might actually like it a lot.
    On the other hand, I absolutely loved Butter Pecan Rum Ice Cream after only a week of steeping.
    Not being a chemist or anything like that, perhaps it has something to with the particular flavors used in an e liquid that determines the amount of steeping time required.

Cheers!

12. DrewGrimey

DrewGrimey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    san jose
    I sure hope my 6mg nic flavors that I ordered have just a little bit of TH, not a huge fan of TH but I do like a slight hit in the back of my throat so I can feel like I'm not vaping air

I'll update you guys on monday when my flavors come in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.