How is this even working? Phoenix Clone with Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay I just took my first try and using mesh on something other than my AGA T+. Got it on second try using scubabatdan's trick with a piece of cigarette paper to prevent hot spots. I'm vaping on it and this thing is so amazingly beautiful and wonderful I'm absolutely in-love with my Phoenix again and cannot wait to do a mesh wick on my iGo-L.

I happened to pull the cap off and somewhere along the lines with my fiddling (before final installation) I have crushed the hollow wick (it was a hybrid but the silica got pulled out so whatever) flat. So I'm just dry firing it to double check for hot spots (making sure I didn't just use up all the juice in the well/wick) and it fires up nice and neat from center outwards and the legs are cool. I notice however that one side of the coil is barely/not even making contact with the wick! There is nothing but excellent flavor, no short, 0.9 ohms using 30ga Kanthal. Again its working beautifully, tastes great, I've got the ceiling fan on high and the clouds are too big to be dispersed it actually takes some time.

This is rocking on an iSeason mechanical mod (about 17.77 watts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread