How long b4 Poison is out of your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reach4theStars

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
I understand it probably varies from person to person. But does anyone know approximately how long it may take before your body has withdrawn from the poisons of regular cigarettes. I'd like to start reducing my nicotine, as well, but feel its best to wait until my body is poison free from the regular cigs first. Thank you in advance to any/all who respond! :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I understand it probably varies from person to person. But does anyone know approximately how long it may take before your body has withdrawn from the poisons of regular cigarettes. I'd like to start reducing my nicotine, as well, but feel its best to wait until my body is poison free from the regular cigs first. Thank you in advance to any/all who respond! :)

"Generally" about 2 weeks for the alkaloids to vacate the body. They're quite addictive. As for reducing your nicotine be careful and take it slow. Scientists are coming to the conclusion nicotine is no worse than caffeine. My GP agrees with this and although he would like to see me quit vaping he also wants me to take it slowly.
The Very Best of Luck.

Reach4theStars

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
"Generally" about 2 weeks for the alkaloids to vacate the body. They're quite addictive. As for reducing your nicotine be careful and take it slow. Scientists are coming to the conclusion nicotine is no worse than caffeine. My GP agrees with this and although he would like to see me quit vaping he also wants me to take it slowly.
The Very Best of Luck.

Thanky Thanky! I'll definitely take it slow. I've heard many stories, that nicotine apparently constricts the blood vessels. For example: If you take in nicotine just before having blood work done, your veins become smaller making it harder for the vampires to get what they need. I also heard, the constriction can constitute a higher chance of heart attacks. I don't know, maybe those stories are based on regular cigarettes and not based on "solely nicotine".

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanky Thanky! I'll definitely take it slow. I've heard many stories, that nicotine apparently constricts the blood vessels. For example: If you take in nicotine just before having blood work done, your veins become smaller making it harder for the vampires to get what they need. I also heard, the constriction can constitute a higher chance of heart attacks. I don't know, maybe those stories are based on regular cigarettes and not based on "solely nicotine".

Welcome, welcome :D There were studies done by a Dr. and he found the nicotine from vaping left the body much quicker than analog nicotine. He also found the nicotine spikes from tobacco were much greater and abrupt than the nic spikes from vaping. After watching the video I now understand why, when I was smoking. I got insatiable urges for nicotine- it was the abrupt vertical spikes of nicotine= a roller coaster. Also realize when we smoke the nic particles are small enuff to enter the bloodstream via the lungs. Vaping is a far less efficient delivery system of nicotine because the nic particles are too large to enter via the lungs- most absorption takes place in our mouths, throat and nasal passages.

smalltwig

Sep 16, 2010
Pittsburgh
This is pretty common on the internet, but it motivates me nonetheless.

"* In 20 minutes you will have a decrease in blood pressure, and it should return to normal.

* In 8 hours, the levels of toxic carbon monoxide will return to normal.

* In 48 hours, most of the nicotine will leave your body, and the risk of heart attack will greatly decrease.
[not for me! :D ]
* In 2 weeks, circulation will return, and continue to get better.

* In three to nine months your lung capacity will get better.

* In 1 year, the dangers of heart attack will be reduced by half.

* In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.

* In 10 years the risks of lung cancer will return to that of a non-smoker.

* In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker."

Reach4theStars

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Welcome, welcome :D There were studies done by a Dr. and he found the nicotine from vaping left the body much quicker than analog nicotine. He also found the nicotine spikes from tobacco were much greater and abrupt than the nic spikes from vaping. After watching the video I now understand why, when I was smoking. I got insatiable urges for nicotine- it was the abrupt vertical spikes of nicotine= a roller coaster. Also realize when we smoke the nic particles are small enuff to enter the bloodstream via the lungs. Vaping is a far less efficient delivery system of nicotine because the nic particles are too large to enter via the lungs- most absorption takes place in our mouths, throat and nasal passages.

Awesome! Your knowledge has definitely put my mind at ease. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it. Now, I feel better about reducing the nicotine at a slower pace then I had originally anticipated. You Rock!!! :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Awesome! Your knowledge has definitely put my mind at ease. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it. Now, I feel better about reducing the nicotine at a slower pace then I had originally anticipated. You Rock!!! :)

You're very welcome. As my GP put it nicotine is a very misunderstood drug because of it's immediate association with smoking. He said just as much as people have become addicted to smoking the general public has been brainwashed into believing nicotine is a horrible substance. This coming from a Dr. that worked with a Cdn Olympic Team and has many pro athletes as clients.
Just realize the spikes of nicotine from smoking are far more severe and greater in intensity whereas vaped nicotine doesn't have the same abrupt vertical spikes. I find now that if I get busy with a project I'll go hours without a vape...could NEVER do that while smoking.
Cheers and have a great day.
I began 1 1/2 yrs ago @ 36 mg X 50+ ml per day and now down to 2 mg X 15 ml per day. I also plan to quit vaping shortly- prolly by end of Summer, maybe sooner.

Reach4theStars

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
You're very welcome. As my GP put it nicotine is a very misunderstood drug because of it's immediate association with smoking. He said just as much as people have become addicted to smoking the general public has been brainwashed into believing nicotine is a horrible substance. This coming from a Dr. that worked with a Cdn Olympic Team and has many pro athletes as clients.
Just realize the spikes of nicotine from smoking are far more severe and greater in intensity whereas vaped nicotine doesn't have the same abrupt vertical spikes. I find now that if I get busy with a project I'll go hours without a vape...could NEVER do that while smoking.
Cheers and have a great day.
I began 1 1/2 yrs ago @ 36 mg X 50+ ml per day and now down to 2 mg X 15 ml per day. I also plan to quit vaping shortly- prolly by end of Summer, maybe sooner.

You could say, I'm one of those who was brain washed. LOL Thus, my confusion regarding the dangers of "nicotine" alone. Huge congratz on the 2mg x 15ml and if you quit vaping all together. I hope to do the same one day. "Baby steps for meh". haha

Have a tremendous day!!!!! :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
LOLLL as most of us were so you're not in the minority. 4 a.m. and gotta get some sleep but...
Scientists got some rats addicted to nicotine and put a bowl of nic in the cage. Rats didn't self medicate. They then got them addicted to nicotine+ alkaloids. When they put the bowl of nic+ alkaloids in the cage the rats made a beeline to the bowl and immediately began self medicating.
Nite, Nite :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread