How long can you leave a filled carto tank untouched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLJohnny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
MO
I recently made the switch from bcc to tanks. I never had an issue running 10 bcc's and letting a certain juice sit for a week or two.
Im wondering realistically how many tanks I should fill if Im not going to keep it running consistently.
Will they dry up over so may days or weeks? Then I go to take a pull and its like I never even primed it.

Thanks!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I've let a filled tank with new 45mm Boge carto go for about 9 days (standing on end)... the wicking material wasn't soaked, and it worked fine.

I think IMO, if you were to drop the tank in a film can or some other sealed container or other method of sealing (carto condoms, whatever), it might be good to go indefinitely.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
ive been doing something similar to the film canister method above, i put the rubber end cap from the mouth end of a boge carto in and then stuff that with the little nail looking piece from the threaded end condom and store the tank upside down, had very little gravity leakage, but it only sat for 2 weeks.

poof

Jun 5, 2013
United States
I was stupid and left a dozen DCTs (and one BCC tank) full and lying around while I was away from home for a month. The cartos actually fired decently for a little while, but they'd gotten all gunked up while they weren't in use. The BCC was flooded, I assume juice leached in through the wick over time.
The suggestions in this thread seem solid- sealing the tank in something airtight might help preserve it for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread