How long did you jones for a smoke whe you started to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosler1187

Feb 3, 2014
Alcalde,NM
I have been smoke free for about six months. I had been wanting to quit for a long time but never had the will power to do it. I bought a blue kit about two years ago and tried to quit with that it worked for about a month and then i went back to the analogs. This time my wife and i are expecting our second child and she can't stand the smell of analogs for some reason, she likes the smell when you first light one but thats it. I went back to the blu at the begining of the year and that worked till i got a vv3 and protank3. I do have to say while i didn't have the vv3 i almost went back to smoking many times. Now the only thing that blows is my co worker smokes like a train and i cant stand the smell. My only cravings come when im at work and my co worker is smoking and i don't have my vape handy. I think the part that has kept me vaping is building my own coils i do mechanic work on the side so the tinkering on these things is awsome just keep with it and you will succeed. Also if you dont think your getting everything try out WTA whole tobacco alkaloids reserch that here. Good Luck

That's about it for the question. I've been vaping for a couple of days, and I've noticed, even when doubling the nic over my previous cigs, I have surely jonesed for a smoke.

I just quit fully smoked my last .... a couple hrs ago, Def only really craving even when vaping after I eat a meal like I just ate dinner and was dying for a smoke! Vaped and then 10 mins later was ok, but while vaping and after I craved like crazy! Not sure if the .... I smoke helped that craving go away after vaping or not though.

sethm522

Jun 7, 2014
NJ
for me, it required me to up my game to the mod life... I needed the clouds of vapor, intense flavor, and a decent throat hit. As soon as i got one, it completely halted my cigarette smoking.. and I didn't initially get my eGo to quit smoking. It just happened. I didn't crave cigarettes anymore, and I no longer crave nicotine. I vape 6mg, but if i forget juice, or my mod fires in my pocket (URGH!) and burns my cotton - putting me out of the game for the day- I am completely fine. I sometimes forget to vape when i'm driving. I do love it though, and still love the effects of nicotine.

When i meet new folks to vaping, i urge them not to give up to early, and recommend something with koolada in it. The koolada gave me the throat tingle I needed at the beginning to feel like i was smoking a cigarette. I was not a menthol smoker, and do not particularly like the icy feeling, but initially it helped a lot. I'm sure eGo setups work for many people, but it wasn't enough for me... at all.
2 cents.

sethm522

Jun 7, 2014
NJ
willpower is not my forte.. for me it just took finding something "better" than a cigarette.. see my above post. I found the right juice, and the right delivery mechanism and I was so over the boges. I actually had a puff last night of an analog for the first time since january.. and as expected, it tasted like an ashtray.. I didn't hate it, but why smoke that when i can vape something tasty... If i need a serious nic fix, i take a few long, strong drags off the mod, and i get a nice rush. better than any cigarette gave me.

Don't give up... keep trying to find the sweet spot

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I have yet to fully ditch the nicotine content in my liquids, but I will if it comes to be an issue getting it. In my opinion, at least right now, I think I am closing in on the next big drop in nicotine level for myself. My motivation isn't at all about cost or me liking or not liking the effects of nicotine its about having my life back from the addiction to a chemical. I know its generally safe but I also want it to be a choice not a fixed component of my life. I drink alcohol every one in a while, but far from daily and certainly not every 10 or 15 minutes; that's where I'd like to be with nicotine, maybe even vaping.

I do enjoy vaping, smoking wasn't like that though. I smoked to deliver the chemicals that kept me from being an jerk, I smoked to deliver the chemicals that chilled me out when the bills were out of control, I smoked to deliver the chemical cocktail that calmed my nerves after particularly bad events in the military, I also smoked just because someone else was smoking, or when I got in or out of a car, or walking out of the house, or first thing in the morning, or if I was ticked off, and when I was happy, or well, any time really.

I don't have all of those habits replaced by vaping, some are, many aren't. The cool thing is being at the 6 month mark with vaping I am not even considering going back to smoking; I did quit once cold, tossed a pack out of the car window and was done with it, or so I thought. Right at the 6 month mark I experienced a stressful argument with my ex wife, the urge to smoke was powerful, and I jumped right back into 1.6 packs a day. Looking back I know the argument was not nearly as stressful as some things I experience now during vaping, and smoking just hasn't crossed my mind.

In all I don't want to feel like I did when I quit 6 months ago, I think cigarettes were the single most destructive element in my life, my best decision ever was to quit, vaping has helped me stay quit, vaping has taken away excuses to smoke, vaping has just clearly helped me decided to save myself from a product I knew was killing me. If only I could have jumped on board back when this all started, or just not taken that first drag on a Marlboro.

And the folks here on ECF aren't half bad either, love you guys. :)

Maurice

FoxdenVixen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Parker, CO USA
I have been using an e-cig for about a month now. I still crave the real thing. All my e liquid does have nicotine in it so I think it is mostly a psychological thing. Not only are we addicted to the nicotine but at least I like the feel of having a cigarette in my hand. It is very difficult if not impossible to hold an e-cig like a real cig. They are usually big and clumsy. This is something I will have to get used to I suppose if I want to give up the real thing for good!

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Been vaping for 2.5 years and I remember noticing great reduction in cravings within first 3 days. Now at a point where I don't crave a smoke. Been at this point for at least 6 months, probably longer.

I still smoke and am a proud dual user. Smoking in moderation is nice, IMO. But clearly is not for everyone, and if you have desire to quit smoking, then I'd suggest running with that indefinitely. I've bought exactly 6 packs in 2014, and willingly give some smokes away if people ask for them.

Anyway, back to point of this thread. Cravings go away, I find easily, when one finds a sweet spot with vaping. That can vary from individual to individual, but there's so many avenues nowadays to get there, it is easy to find that sweet spot. Might take a little time, but is worth it once it is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread