How long do CCELL coils really last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I know that it depends on many factors. Suppose a daily usage of 10ml 70/30 VG/PG at 30 watts, without making any new-user-errors. I’ve heard from several people that CCELL coils can last for months, and here is a professional guy claiming this:

On the other hand, many more people say that CCELL coils last for about a week, just like the other coils. I've burnt two CCELL coils in less than a month myself. However, I just bought a new CCELL coil. I'm gonna be very cautious with this one (priming, power, juice, etc), and see how long would it last. I'll post the result here. Nothing compares the taste from a brand new coil! Please share your experience with CCELL coils.

P.S. I live in Iran. vaping stuff are very rare and the prices are not regulated. I bought a Vaporesso CCELL coil for about 10$. Is it the right price, too cheap, or too expensive? I find them on online shops to be about 14$, but I'm confused if it's the price of the pack of 5 coils, or 14$ per coil?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am going to bet that many who are reporting months of use may either be cleaning them, using unflavored eliquid, and etc. Your liquid and how you handle your coils make a huge difference. I don't chain vape on one setup anymore and chain vaping can just kill coils. I was surprised at the difference even factoring in that I was using more tanks over the course of the day. Temperature control also protects tanks, but you'd have to have a TC capable coil.

Good luck and best practices: non gunky juice (nothing super sweet, dark, crazy high VG, and or gunky like NETs or WTA eliquids) but heat and chain vaping can also play a large role.

Best of luck,

Anna

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
I LOVE the Ccell coils...I use both the 0.6 & 0.5 ohm versions in an IJust tank. I run them at 42 watts.
They produce great taste and big clouds. I've had them last for several weeks before starting to taste slightly burnt.
Sorry, I can't speak to the roll the ceramic plays in the coils. I've only been using Naked 100 ejuices 70v/30p and while some are quite sweet, none that I use have any coloring at all...*Lava Flow has some yellow coloring*

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
In my rotation I have a few estoc tanks, I use the ceramic euc coils, I usually run about 50/60 mls of juice before a change. Now these fireluke mesh coils that's a different story, 175 mls of juice with the original coil and still tasting fine. I know I've said this before but these coils are amazing me.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I'm gonna be very cautious with this one (priming, power, juice, etc), and see how long would it last. I'll post the result here.
After vaping 30ml of 18mg/ml dark juice, gunk narrowed the chimney. I just removed the black gunk in the chimney with a toothpick, and the airflow and taste are much better, although not as good as new.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Ccell with last according to usage. From 2 days to a month is somewhat possible.

Good liquid that's clear with no sweeteners will make a huge difference.
Not overheating it will also help, just start low wattage or temp and increase until it's where you're happy with it.
Using one that can do temp control will also help.

Price wise, they are about 15$ for 5-packs usually.

I do not recommend cleaning, but if you do, use something soft, a cotton swab, pipe cleaner as someone else suggested, but anything more, you will damage it and if you break down, scratch the ceramic, it should not be used any more.

You can rebuild them fairly easily (see my blog for instructions about this).

I know that there's a few videos on doing heavy cleaning, but I would not recommend any of these... you can try with running them under hot water, but that might only help to a small extent.

All coils "die" due to gumming up and metal fatigue from usage, so all coils do wear out, but the thing with the ceramic is that once the gumming up builds up within the pores of the ceramic, it cannot be cleaned.

And that can easily happen if the coil isn't prime properly and if it's not wicking well. You can "toast" a coil instantly should you don't prime it well and hit it at high power.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
After vaping 30ml of 18mg/ml dark juice, gunk narrowed the chimney. I just removed the black gunk in the chimney with a toothpick, and the airflow and taste are much better, although not as good as new.
After vaping another 15ml, gunk narrowed the chimney again. I did the same thing with a toothpick, but the coil seems to be halfway dead, since it gives dry hits at 30+ watts. I accomplished burning a CCELL coil within 5 days (45 ml).

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
45ML depending on the ejuice can be a good amount for any coil. I use single coil SS builds and with some juice can get 120 ML or more thru without issue. Other ejuice made with Gold Ducat Tobacco flavor, lucky if I get more than 20 ML.

Time isn't a good way to measure, just amount of ejuice.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
After vaping another 15ml, gunk narrowed the chimney again. I did the same thing with a toothpick, but the coil seems to be halfway dead, since it gives dry hits at 30+ watts. I accomplished burning a CCELL coil within 5 days (45 ml).
If you're getting dry hits, one thing you can try is to close your airflow, then suck a bit (2-3 times) but not too hard without firing out.

This can pull the liquid back in (re-primes it), as if the coil did dry out, it's possible that it's not because the coil is now bad, but that it dried out and the liquid isn't flowing anymore.

If you overdo it, do expect either some leaking or slurping for a few puffs, but after that, it will stabilize.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I had the best luck with the .6ohm coils (the SS ones). The only way I ever clean them is to soak in vodka or PGA and rinse well. I have noticed that they degrade quicker at really low wattage and last a lot longer around 30-35w. The cotton is just a thin layer around the ceramic. I read it was there to slow down the ceramic wicking

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I vaped the following 60ml juice with one cCell coil. (80/20 VG/PG)

juice_roll_upz_-_blue_rasp.jpg

At the end, the coil was as good as a brand new (Yes, I changed the coil with a new one and there was no difference in taste and vapor). Using gunky juices, a cCell starts to degrade after vaping as little as 20ml. But with clear juices, I think far more than 60ml is possible.

Reactions: stols001

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am going to bet that many who are reporting months of use may either be cleaning them, using unflavored eliquid, and etc. Your liquid and how you handle your coils make a huge difference. I don't chain vape on one setup anymore and chain vaping can just kill coils. I was surprised at the difference even factoring in that I was using more tanks over the course of the day. Temperature control also protects tanks, but you'd have to have a TC capable coil.

Good luck and best practices: non gunky juice (nothing super sweet, dark, crazy high VG, and or gunky like NETs or WTA eliquids) but heat and chain vaping can also play a large role.

Best of luck,

Anna
In the days of yore, before cotton came, we used to wash coils, first in very hot water, letting it run long, and then dumping the coil in alcohol such as vodka. Rinsed them overnight, and let dry. But, inevitably, the center burns. I suggest to this man he learns how to rebuild, we have the same problem in Argentina where vaping is forbidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread