What's wrong with my CCELL coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I have a vaporesso Target Pro for 3 weeks. I vaped about 10ml daily at mostly 30w and always did priming, but unknowingly using fake juices. After two weeks, my main 0.5 ohm CCELL coil didn't work properly anymore; it needed much stronger suction and created less clouds. I tried cleaning it with alcohol, which didn't work. Then I physically scratched the inner surface of the cylindrical hole of the coil with a toothpick. There was too much black gunk. The hole then became less narrow, and the coil was working good. Next day I scratched it even more, making the hole even wider. Since then, After a few puffs at 30w, I need to decrease the power, or otherwise it will harshly hurt my throat. It's like the wicks don't absorb the e-juice fast enough. Is the coil dead?

P.S. Afterwards I bought this coil which seems to be non-ceramic. It developed the same problem (absorption not fast enough) within a few hours:
view.php

34zgmmp.jpg

P.P.S. I don't have this problem with my spare 0.6 ohm CCELL coil. However, this one doesn't produce the right flavor, it tastes like plastic!

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Can you explain what you mean by "fake juices"? They may be your issue, but I'm not sure what you mean by it. CCELL coils do last, but not forever. The housing should be able to be cleaned, if that's what you are having issues with, although I don't know a ton about that particular coil. Hopefully someone will be along, but I'm a bit confused. It's the housing not the replacement coil you are having issues with?

It's not unusual to get a bit of a plastic taste when breaking in a new drop in coil, depending on what materials are in it, I've gotten it from different drop in coils on occasion. It shouldn't be hanging around a long time though, I'd think, although mine was with a much smaller, MTL coil, so maybe it will hang around a bit longer.

What is your priming process?

Good luck,

Anna

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
Well, I bought them from untrustworthy local shops, and when I Googled them, I didn't find any similar pictures. Also some of them were definitely fake, being too inexpensive. Now I'm using Lemon Twist which I bought from a trustworthy shop.

Sorry for bad English. What part of the vape is "housing"? The spare coil (included in the kit) works fine. The main coil and the coil I bought (in the picture) have the same problem.

As for priming, I fill the tank and put it vertically for about 20 minutes.

Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm not really sure. I don't know that you could tell if a juice is "fake" or not, based on price. But, I'm glad you are ordering from more trusted sources.

To prime: start with long slow inhales WITHOUT hitting the fire button then slowly increase with long, slow primer puffs a few watts at a time, until you get to your desired wattage.

You need capillary action (juice being sucked UP into the wick) so just leaving something floating often won't be enough, etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
After two weeks, my main 0.5 ohm CCELL coil didn't work properly anymore; it needed much stronger suction and created less clouds. I tried cleaning it with alcohol, which didn't work. Then I physically scratched the inner surface of the cylindrical hole of the coil with a toothpick. There was too much black gunk. The hole then became less narrow, and the coil was working good. Next day I scratched it even more, making the hole even wider. Since then, After a few puffs at 30w, I need to decrease the power, or otherwise it will harshly hurt my throat. It's like the wicks don't absorb the e-juice fast enough. Is the coil dead?

Yes. This kind of coils do not last longer than 14 days... I change them usually after 7-10 days...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
By "this" you mean CCELL or the one in the picture?

Any coil... it doesn't matter. Coils are a disposable, replaceable part. They need replaced periodically and how often they will need replaced depends much on how sweet a juice you vape coupled with how much flavoring, as well as how much you vape etc.

I used to replace my replacement atomizer heads (aka drop-in coils, similar to your CCELL) every 5 to 7 days so you getting two weeks out of them before they go bad is a good thing, not a problem.

Buy the kind you like best from a reputable vendor and just plan on replacing them periodically..

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Yeah, I'm not really sure. I don't know that you could tell if a juice is "fake" or not, based on price. But, I'm glad you are ordering from more trusted sources.

To prime: start with long slow inhales WITHOUT hitting the fire button then slowly increase with long, slow primer puffs a few watts at a time, until you get to your desired wattage.

You need capillary action (juice being sucked UP into the wick) so just leaving something floating often won't be enough, etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Agree. I turn the watts way down for a new coil, draw without firing a few times, then very short fires, very brief draws. Not just on ccell but any coils.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
By "this" you mean CCELL or the one in the picture?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
New to Vaping? 4 Things to Know Before You Buy | MistHub
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread