How long do juices typically "last"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
I've built up a big collection of juices...in just a week lol. (New Vapor try everything syndrome)...and I know I will not be vaping through all this juice anytime soon...

so how long does juice last...I'm assuming it must go "bad" eventually? Haven't seen anyone talk about it on YouTube or anything...so I was kind of curious. I don't want to have too many and have to throw them out. :(

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Just keep it in a dark drawer. It will be fine for a couple of years. I don't think anyone has really set a bottle aside to test that out.. Maybe one of the dark age users..:) Alcohol flavorings I've had seem to go bad. I really enjoyed this vaperite liquid I got at a shop, but I set it aside for some time. I broke it out again, and it was like I just bought a bottle with isopropyl flavoring. Not a good thing, when you're expecting white chocolate and raspberry..

I don't think you'll ever stop having the "try everything syndrome." I don't think I've slowed down at all in the +9months I've been doing this.. Just wait until you need fancy drip tips... Drip tip dezigns and molehill mountain. Oops..sorry:)

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Well I'm looking forward to getting more knowledgeable in my new favorite hobby...it feels weird to say that...but I swear this is turning into a hobby I LOVE. First it was just to kick cigarettes...now I actually like vaping and want to meet vaping people...there must be a name for that. Lol. Now I understand why people buy all these things and make videos and stuff...

Vaping is a lifestyle LOL.

rwmeade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I'm looking forward to getting more knowledgeable in my new favorite hobby...it feels weird to say that...but I swear this is turning into a hobby I LOVE. First it was just to kick cigarettes...now I actually like vaping and want to meet vaping people...there must be a name for that. Lol. Now I understand why people buy all these things and make videos and stuff...

Vaping is a lifestyle LOL.

i feel the same way. i started vaping on thursday, to help quit smoking and i keep buying e-liquid....lol

azzaman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
E liquid isn't milk, it's a fairly robust substance.

Just remember the basics, avoid direct light, store air tight in a cool place.

Flavoured e liquid can be put in the fridge. Plain e liquid can be refrigerated or frozen.

E liquid lasts a long time if the storage conditions are reasonable. The older the e liquid the more it oxidises the nicotine, so some really old e liquid is probably still vapable. The purity isn't as high but it could still do the job.

azzaman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Don't put it in the fridge!

Nothing wrong with it. Freezing flavoured e liquid is different. Refrigerating flavoured e liquid is fine.

The reason why I know this is from testing, and from reading good advice from 2010 by Kurt on this forum.

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I've seen a lot of DIY's say never to put flavored liquid in the fridge. I don't know of a reason, besides separation.

I know I've seen it on here (Or somewhere) but I think it was something about re-crystallization of some of the flavorings...

Yup... fourth post down...

Refrigerating E-liquid OK?

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Don't put it in the fridge!

It may depend on the juice, but I found this on the Alice in Vapeland website FAQ:

Q: What’s the best way to store my E-Juice?

A: Cool and dark. If storing for more than 2 weeks, refrigeration is a good idea. Please don’t freeze. Shake just before using.

It may depend on the juice, but I found this on the Alice in Vapeland website FAQ:

Q: What’s the best way to store my E-Juice?

A: Cool and dark. If storing for more than 2 weeks, refrigeration is a good idea. Please don’t freeze. Shake just before using.

so the rule of thumb is 1)cool, 2) dark, and 3) protect from air. :2cool:

has anybody tried storing ejuice for more than a year on these conditions without refrigerating?

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Im vaping on some two year old peach juice right now. Other then dark i met none of the normal criteria. It went threw massive temperature changes from really hot to really cold and was partly used so was exposed to a decent ammount of oxygen. No color change the flavor is great and it still satisfies my urges after being only going a few days without a cigarette

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread