How long is an eGo cart supposed to last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
Sorry if it's a silly question. I usually use cartos but since my kit came with some awesome atty's I figure I may as well use them.

So I'm noticing the atomizer taste often with the carts after maybe 20 mins so what I usually do is take the cart out and put it in upside down and I'll be good for another 5 mins. I look in the cart and it appears to still have lots of liquid in it and usually has a really small spot in the middle where theres no longer any liquid.

So I'm pondering if this is just how they work or if I should be getting more mileage out of these? I figure if I have to refill these things this often I may as well drip...

Cajun83

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Marrero, Louisiana
If you are using the small 510 carts/attys with your eGo (the one that you have to use the cone with) the carts hold very little juice. I have started dripping when I am sitting at home but did (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/79418-highping-cart-mod-simple-gets.html) for when I am on the go. I can fit eleven or twelve drops in my 510 carts now and can vape them completely dry (except for a drop or so left in the small piece of filler).

Basically, take the filler out, rinse it with water, cut it in half. Fill the cart with around 9 or 10 drops of liquid, fold one of the halves of filler in half and stuff it in the top of the cart. Place it on the atty so the bridge can push the filler to the correct height and then top off the filler with a couple more drops of liquid if needed and you are good to go.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
What I have isn't the standard 510 with the cone its a mega atty so the two are one piece, I guess I got lucky with this kit because this thing looks like it built like a tank. However, it looks like to me that the atty is barely touching the filler so all I'm getting is what happens to drip down off of the filler onto the atty. I just bought some polyfil so I'm going to try to do the cart mod on this and see if I can get better results. I'm hoping it will work because this would be way cheaper than using cartos!

Now that I think about it, perhaps what I have is an eGo mega atty with a regular 510 cartridge so they aren't really made for each other... I'm gunna look into that.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Sorry if it's a silly question. I usually use cartos but since my kit came with some awesome atty's I figure I may as well use them.

So I'm noticing the atomizer taste often with the carts after maybe 20 mins so what I usually do is take the cart out and put it in upside down and I'll be good for another 5 mins. I look in the cart and it appears to still have lots of liquid in it and usually has a really small spot in the middle where theres no longer any liquid.

So I'm pondering if this is just how they work or if I should be getting more mileage out of these? I figure if I have to refill these things this often I may as well drip...

How heavy are you vaping it? A type A (coned shape) mega cart lasts me about half a day with stock filler. I holds roughly 2ml.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
How heavy are you vaping it? A type A (coned shape) mega cart lasts me about half a day with stock filler. I holds roughly 2ml.

Not heavy at all, I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I've just been using it while I'm at home so I can fool around with it every time it starts to taste like straight atty. I tried the Highping cart mod today but from what I can tell I'm getting the same results. Perhaps a little more messing around with it will help.

How much is the atty supposed to be touching the filler?

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
Alright so I tried a different liquid because the liquid I was using was a 100% VG (since I have a lot of it) to a PG heavy blend and tinkered with the Highping mod a bit and it's been working very well and got me through this morning! I'm thinking for the VG blend I'm going to try to make a really small plug and see if it works, but I'm a happy camper now.

Thank you for your help Cajun and everyone! Now I'm going to go order an extra mega atty and some more empty carts I think this is the way for me. I still think I prefer cartomizers, but my wallet I'm sure prefers I do this, with the 16oz supply of polyfil I bought I'm never going to run out of supplies. I just have to keep a nice supply of liquid on hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread