How long will a 510 cart last before refilling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
Hmm, now I am confused, I thought cartomizers and cartridges were all the same thing. Can someone explain the actual difference to me?
Also, I bought my daughter a generic joye 510 and some menthol flavored flavorings, she is adding the flavoring directly to the cart when she fills it, is that safe?

Thanks in advance!

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Also, I work more than 6 hours a day, what is the longest lasting ecig that doesn't cost a fortune?
I am lucky enough to have a place to charge my batteries, both plug in and computer chargers but they only last about 3 hours each charge which can be challanging. I left a battery at work last week and wound up smoking a real cig as my other 2 had lost charge on the in between. It really gets annoying on that aspect of this great adventure.

scratchm

Sep 5, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Judybr, I have no experience with it myself but a lot of people seem to be pleased with the eGo for a larger-battery ecig. I watched a video review that said it lasts all day and only takes two hours to charge; that sounds a little too good to be true but we'll see if someone who owns one can chime in.

A cartomizer is a single unit that includes both an atomizer and a cartridge; a cartridge alone doesn't have the built-in atomizer. Cartomizers are more expensive than the combination of atomizer + cartridge, but on the plus side they tend to hold more juice and you always have a fresh atomizer.

Off topic, but does anyone know if there are cartomizers that fit the Magma? I mostly drip but would like to try a cartomizer out at some point.

NoMoreMondays

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Indiana
scratm, Volcano Magma has 510 threads, therefore the 510 cartos should work fine. As far as charging time goes: I'm using 510 Mega batteries and invested in a PCC. It takes less than an hour to recharge my batteries using the PCC (compared to between 3 and 4 hours via wall outlet). I can charge 4 batteries (one at a time) before I have to recharge the PCC. I consider myself to be a moderate vaper and go through 2 batteries a day.
judybr, if you do decide to give the cartos a try, see that you find a good deal on some with easy to remove caps. The ones I got the first time around were glued in place and I ruined the caps when I tried to remove them in order to clean the cartos.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
scratchm:

I have a Riva which is basically the same thing as the ego and what you here about battery life is true from my experience. In fact I've never had a dead battery and only charge mine every 2 to 3 days or so to keep them from going dead incase I'm away. I'm not as heavy of user as most but I can see it giving a days service to most users unless they are chain vaping the whole time.

Mitch40

Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Thanks for all the replies everyone!! Judybr, like others said above, the Riva, eGo and Tornado models all have big batteries. They also have(not sure about Riva) mega batts as well for these devices and they are just a bit longer than the normal size batteries. I'm hearing you get phenomenal use times between charges.
son et, I will check out the fluval. Been reading alot about them
As far as cartomizers go, I'm reading mixed results on them. they are great because they hold more juice and when you're done you can just discard them. Some people try to refill or clean them but may find it to be a hassle. Others swear by them like Irons and Mondays replies above.... I don't use them myself because I don't mind refilling them, but was trying to get more puffs /refill. Cartomizers, mega attys and mega carts , plus maybe what type of filler you use all come into play.
I love this board because everyone can share their knowledge and experience.

Mitch40

Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I must be very unusuall, I fill my 510 carts and i cart will last me, oh about half the day, and i am just using about .3 to .4 ml of juice. and i get good vapor through out the whole cart and no burnt taste, when the vapor and flavor fall off i switch carts. i am very happy with my 510. :vapor:

Are you a light user? I know a regular 510 cart will last me like 10-12 puffs, about 30-45 min worth, I guess. I'm ordering some mega carts and mega atomizers as the carts hold quite a bit of juice.
I'm very happy with my 510 also, but the carts don't last long between refills. 510's have very good vapor production.

Are you a light user? I know a regular 510 cart will last me like 10-12 puffs, about 30-45 min worth, I guess. I'm ordering some mega carts and mega atomizers as the carts hold quite a bit of juice.
I'm very happy with my 510 also, but the carts don't last long between refills. 510's have very good vapor production.

i am about a pack a day smoker (well i used to be a pack a day smoker), and i puff through out the day couple puffs here couple puffs there, whenever i get the urge, i totalled my motorcycle to day and i have gone thru 2 mega carts.

:vapor:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Sorry to hear about your bike, Kawirich. I don't blame you for higher consumption today, but also commend you for not going out and buying a pack of butts too. Hope you were not too badly torn up yourself. Road rash is so painful.

I must be a mega user. I am constantly filling the cart ---- I'm with Mitch ---- going to try the mega carts and attys. Heard they hold quite a bit more juice.
What I really need is a siphon from a 5 gallon drum of juice somehow hooked to my 510. My orders for juice keep getting larger and larger, but at least I'm reducing the nicotine level which is my first priority. I really enjoy vaping and coming up with different flavors. Looks like I'll be heading for the mods shortly to get more capacity. Plus, my wife is also a heavy user, so I feel like the local mechanic..... always servicing the equipment and keeping it in running order....lol (memo to self..... order more batteries)

I am still fairly new to all this but I have found juice quality has a lot to do with it. I have found that some juices would produce no vapor for a while then get a couple good puffs then be out of juice. Another thing that really extended the life of a cartridge was the Lipton Pyramid Teabag mod. 3 bucks for a box of 20 teabags that will serve 2 cartridges each.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Son et,

Thanks for the link! The precut foam is a great idea.

I wonder if the RIVA eGo w/ Joye 510 Atomizers (Matte Black) for $53.95 is a good deal?
It's not much more than I paid for the reg 510 starter kit I am using now.

I also was looking at the cartomizers but don't see any indication as to if they seperate for cleaning as NoMoreMondays suggested, just that they are refillable.

I was hoping to place one order in one place to get longer lasting supplies at a reasonable price.

Thanks all for the help and responses on here. I am learning so much.

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread