How long should I expect to hack up tar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
OK, the first month i started vaping every day I would cough up a small amount of tar.

Then it stopped for 2 months.

The last week I've been coughing up HUGH amounts of tar. More then I ever did before. I smoked a pack a day for 18 years so there is i'm sure a lot of tar in my lungs. I know it's good i'm getting this stuff out of my body, I guess i'm just slightly concerned because it stopped for about 2 months and now has started up again.. does that make any sense?

I really just looking to understand why I would stop hacking up stuff for 2 months, only to have it come back.. doesn't make sense to me.

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
I notice that dirt and dust would get into the atty when using drip tips. This I found very harsh on my throat and would make me cough. I like to place a cartomizer cover on my drip tip to prevent that from happening. Also, try to give my drip tips and cartridges a good cleaning every week using alcohol to kill any germs more if I am sick.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Dust, allergens, fumes, colds, sinus issues, etc can all cause coughing and icky products. When in doubt, ask a doctor. I finally got one who has done a little research into vaping. While she reminds me that none of it is scientifically proven in terms of safety, she has no doubt that vaping and my snus habit are less harmful to me than my 1-2 PAD habit. Be honest with your doc about what you're doing (vaping) or they can't really give you good answers. If they lecture you, well, you were used to that as a smoker. Look for another doctor.

Let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread